Zika Virus Truth or Fiction?

"
bl00dengel wrote:
of course any time anyone posts anything regarding "conspiracy" on any forums is countered by others, but the links i provided are not third party links from the dark web, that's what makes it suspicious.

i posted this another forum and i get ridiculed about flat earth and reptilians, all i tried to do was post information found online from real websites.

not everything about this planet is rainbows and unicorns and ponies...

just an example i can bring up that is no longer a "conspiracy" is gmo food we all eat, that is not good for any human, why would they do this to us? because they want to make more profits and don't care about our health? why can't a virus be fabricated in a lab so a corporation can profit from it with medication and vaccines?

meh, all i am saying is i am skeptical

Sorry to OT this a bit, but GMO's are not negative. GMO's have been in existence for hundreds of years due to crossbreeding plants to get more sustainable crops. If you're talking about BGH or things like that then you really need to learn to separate Categories.

Hint: Almost all consumables are GMO's as GMO is such a broad term it encompasses many things. Also, fun fact, "organic farming" or more harmful to the environment and more harmful to your health as they have to use more chemicals to keep the crops in a farmable state since they don't have the natural resistances to predators that have been bred into them through GMO processes.
Not my real account anymore, use it for forums while I work
You might also know me as "Thisisnotmyrealaccount" to which I forgot the E-mail for.
My real account is Einkil1, it's my steam account which is why I can't access it at work >.>
"
Einkil wrote:
"
bl00dengel wrote:
of course any time anyone posts anything regarding "conspiracy" on any forums is countered by others, but the links i provided are not third party links from the dark web, that's what makes it suspicious.

i posted this another forum and i get ridiculed about flat earth and reptilians, all i tried to do was post information found online from real websites.

just an example i can bring up that is no longer a "conspiracy" is gmo food we all eat, that is not good for any human, why would they do this to us? because they want to make more profits and don't care about our health? why can't a virus be fabricated in a lab so a corporation can profit from it with medication and vaccines?

Sorry to OT this a bit, but GMO's are not negative. GMO's have been in existence for hundreds of years due to crossbreeding plants to get more sustainable crops. If you're talking about BGH or things like that then you really need to learn to separate Categories.

Hint: Almost all consumables are GMO's as GMO is such a broad term it encompasses many things. Also, fun fact, "organic farming" or more harmful to the environment and more harmful to your health as they have to use more chemicals to keep the crops in a farmable state since they don't have the natural resistances to predators that have been bred into them through GMO processes.

I think a lot of the silliness surrounding GMO foods is just misdirected anger at Monsanto. Be angry at Monsanto, not GMOs.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
Antnee wrote:
I think a lot of the silliness surrounding GMO foods is just misdirected anger at Monsanto. Be angry at Monsanto, not GMOs.

Agreed.
Not my real account anymore, use it for forums while I work
You might also know me as "Thisisnotmyrealaccount" to which I forgot the E-mail for.
My real account is Einkil1, it's my steam account which is why I can't access it at work >.>
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
I can't imagine someone who wants to secretly conduct biological warfare would decide to give two TED talks on the subject. Conspiracy theories of that scale are impossible enough to maintain without also giving out free hints for anyone willing to connect the dots.

Maybe Piety was unleashed by Malachai into the Real World, where she thamaturgically mutated the Zika virus to make it spread more easily.

"
Dan_GGG wrote:
There was actually a recent study on the viability of grand conspiracies which suggests they become impossible to maintain over surprisingly short amounts of time.

Conspiracies aren't necessary; so long as a plot doesn't involve fratricide, the public is so numb and willing to be convinced of anything that the worst atrocities can be committed in clear sight, so long as the proper veneer accompanies it.
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
"
Antnee wrote:
"
Einkil wrote:
"
bl00dengel wrote:

Not an expert, but imho classic crossbreeding and GMO are two very different things. GMO have been implanted in lab with selected part(s) of the genoma of very different specie(s)- even totally unrelated ones-, working on a molecular level; where crossbreeding needs close or at least distantly related species to work, and operates at a normal scale level.
So saying GMO's have been is existance for centuries is just wrong and misleading.
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Last edited by Wazz72 on Feb 9, 2016, 5:05:01 AM
"
bwam wrote:
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
There was actually a recent study on the viability of grand conspiracies which suggests they become impossible to maintain over surprisingly short amounts of time.

Conspiracies aren't necessary; so long as a plot doesn't involve fratricide, the public is so numb and willing to be convinced of anything that the worst atrocities can be committed in clear sight, so long as the proper veneer accompanies it.

I dunno, people still seem to get pretty mad at atrocities.

By the way I should qualify the study I linked by saying it's more of an interesting thought experiment than scientific proof conspiracies can't happen. I noticed some holes since originally reading it, such as that it doesn't use data from unexposed conspiracy theories. So even though it raises some interesting points for consideration, that methodology isn't going to give any kind of meaningful results.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
"
bwam wrote:
"
Dan_GGG wrote:

I dunno, people still seem to get pretty mad at atrocities.

Do they? Maybe retrospectively, with plenty of hindsight. But let's tick of a few examples: the Holocaust; Japanese interment; pogroms; (thousands of years of) slavery--and that's just off the top of my head. And if you count inaction in the face of atrocities, Rwanda comes to mind.

"
Dan_GGG wrote:
By the way I should qualify the study I linked by saying it's more of an interesting thought experiment than scientific proof conspiracies can't happen. I noticed some holes since originally reading it, such as that it doesn't use data from unexposed conspiracy theories. So even though it raises some interesting points for consideration, that methodology isn't going to give any kind of meaningful results.

Right -- my brother had heard of it before and read a refutation of it prior to checking it out, so he didn't bother reading it. But thought experiments are often worthwhile; will check it out.
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
Last edited by bwam on Feb 9, 2016, 10:46:16 PM
"
Antnee wrote:

The only thing scarier than Monsanto would be having one of their advocates on the Supreme Court.

Oops.

Someday the big M will team up with a giant fertilizer company so they can make stuff that kills things and brings things back to life at the same time.

oops - already have that.

Now, we're just waiting for Trioxin 7.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Feb 9, 2016, 11:21:18 PM
mr billy gates own 500,000 shares of the great mosanto.
Last edited by bl00dengel on Feb 9, 2016, 11:31:45 PM
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
Antnee wrote:

That's a real "Children of the Corn" image. =@[.]@=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info