Let me dispel some of your illusions about auction houses.

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
ivkoto77777 wrote:
Tactical
I just wish people that list their items with procurement and stuff would actually check their PMs or get in game every once in a while. I currently have 10 or so people who I have PMd to bin their items and have added them in game, yet I haven't seen a single one of them in game in over a week. Even with that being said I would NEVER want to see an automated system put in place in PoE.
This is one of the most retarded features of the current system. I have about 4-5 actual friends in my in-game "friend" list and about 30-40 people added for trade purposes. I have to log in every night of the week after work TO NOT PLAY THE GAME and just see if any of them fuckers happen to be online at the time. Maybe in 1-2 weeks time I'll have bought that wand I need an a few jewels for the wand build that I'm planning, but I sure as hell won't have sold ANY of the items I have in my stash...
Well, one feature GGG has already promised for Ascendancy is accurate online/offline status through web API (which means: poe.trade actually says offline people are offline).

How in hell will that be of any use when 50% of the items will still be held by offline people? I will still need to write them down and log in the game every once in a while if I ever want to have a chance at the item...
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
ivkoto77777 wrote:
"
Hackusations wrote:
So it is unlikely to reduce the need for 3rd party programs and while it might make listing items for sale easier this in turn will increase competition making it harder to make a sale thus driving the market towards more and more active undercutting. Prices for everything but the most scarce items will plummet devaluing the average wealth generation from drops.

So items will be readily available to purchase at a very affordable price?
So you think that I won't be able to sell any items, just like I currently cant???

Wow, thanks for explaining how AH will improve everything in standard league geatly for me and my friends that I just invited to play with me!!!

SHIT, even I don't know if I'll still be playing this game after i try out wanders, when my items are usually worth about 1ex or lower and I'll have to grind for days in order to be even close to purchasing a very minor upgrade...
You'll never have that problem if you use the filter for online only. You just have to be fine with getting something currently available instead of getting something better that's not currently available.

So your solution is to be online every 30 minutes of the day in order to check for a decent deal? Or to not look at 80% of all of the items in the game? HAHAHAHAahahahahahahah
Last edited by ivkoto77777 on Feb 4, 2016, 10:17:22 AM
"
Hackusations wrote:
So your stuck trying to generate the same portion of wealth only as the items become more scarce their prices won't fall making your wealth generation disproportionately smaller and the items less affordable.

Complete bullshit! I don't sell anything anyways! The only currency I get is fusings from masters and chaos/regals from vendor recipes. I will only have bigger buying power, since items will become cheaper and I will keep getting the same pitiful item drops and breadcrumbs from currency drops (3 exalts in 4 years WOOOHOOO!!!) and vendoring unique/rare trash.
Hold on guys, while auction halls have a downside (the top 1% that manipulates the market... which gives little ROI unless done over long periods of time), what about giving some clarity to new players who are unable to run a host of applications/websites while playing?

The current system = use poe.trade, or remain poor.

That is significantly worse than having something in game which stops people from messing with an app/website which constantly has bugs.

Perhaps people should quit being selfish and worrying about themselves, and think about the steady stream of new-players that would join this game if it had any sense of clarity...

Then again, if you want the game to run it's course more quickly (players will always leave games, hence a stream of new players is required to counterbalance), then just quit.

And just to clarify, my PC is able to handle a whole host of applications running while I play POE. Unfortunately everyone is not in the same boat, with games crashing upon alt+tabbing/etc. Additionally, I think we can all admit that the current system is clunky and awful.
"
ivkoto77777 wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
ivkoto77777 wrote:
Tactical
I just wish people that list their items with procurement and stuff would actually check their PMs or get in game every once in a while. I currently have 10 or so people who I have PMd to bin their items and have added them in game, yet I haven't seen a single one of them in game in over a week. Even with that being said I would NEVER want to see an automated system put in place in PoE.
This is one of the most retarded features of the current system. I have about 4-5 actual friends in my in-game "friend" list and about 30-40 people added for trade purposes. I have to log in every night of the week after work TO NOT PLAY THE GAME and just see if any of them fuckers happen to be online at the time. Maybe in 1-2 weeks time I'll have bought that wand I need an a few jewels for the wand build that I'm planning, but I sure as hell won't have sold ANY of the items I have in my stash...
Well, one feature GGG has already promised for Ascendancy is accurate online/offline status through web API (which means: poe.trade actually says offline people are offline).

How in hell will that be of any use when 50% of the items will still be held by offline people? I will still need to write them down and log in the game every once in a while if I ever want to have a chance at the item...
Really? You can't find an item that will work for you from somebody who is online when you are? Out of the thousands of items, you can't live without the ones listed by people not online? If it's a substantially lower price than similar items and that's why you want it, you are wasting your time. The listing was made when the price was lower during a different meta and that offline person probably hasn't logged in since the time that price was market value. An easier trade system or auction house wouldn't solve that. Instead of the item listed with the seller offline, the item just wouldn't be listed at all because the listing would have expired months ago.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Feb 4, 2016, 10:29:59 AM
"
ivkoto77777 wrote:

"
Hackusations wrote:
So your stuck trying to generate the same portion of wealth only as the items become more scarce their prices won't fall making your wealth generation disproportionately smaller and the items less affordable.

Complete bullshit! I don't ... ... I get .... I will only ..... I will keep ...

his case description of the general player having overall less is not bullshit because your indidual case is different.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
this waas my exact experience in diablo 3 as well. i played hardcore which had a much smaller playerbase. it was much more fun for a long time because items were rare and so they got devalued slower. but at the end of it, your item was worth 2 billion gold or 0.

enjoyed trading, hated having to play the ah
"
mark1030 wrote:
Really? You can't find an item that will work for you from somebody who is online when you are? Out of the thousands of items, you can't live without the ones listed by people not online? If it's a substantially lower price than similar items and that's why you want it, you are wasting your time. The listing was made when the price was lower during a different meta and that offline person probably hasn't logged in since the time that price was market value. An easier trade system or auction house wouldn't solve that. Instead of the item listed with the seller offline, the item just wouldn't be listed at all because the listing would have expired months ago.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=What+is+a+time+zone+and+why+the+fuck+have+I+not+understood+what+it+means+by+now%3F
Last edited by ivkoto77777 on Feb 4, 2016, 10:37:34 AM
"
vio wrote:
"
ivkoto77777 wrote:

"
Hackusations wrote:

Complete bullshit! I don't ... ... I get .... I will only ..... I will keep ...

his case description of the general player having overall less is not bullshit because your indidual case is different.

As far as I know, most people play in Standard league, so my individual case is basically the "general player's case".

I'm not a nolifer that will farm 10+ exalts in chromes,alts and fuses with these horrible rates. And I sure as hell am not a flipper.
Last edited by ivkoto77777 on Feb 4, 2016, 10:40:10 AM
I agree with Hackusations, Grant, Ragnarok etc. The more effective 5 minutes spent trading is the larger the wealth gap between people who spend 5 minutes a day trading and people who spend 10 hours a day trading will get, essentially, which makes all sorts of existing problems far worse.

Last thing you want to do is replace a barrier of browsing a website with a barrier of owning and maintaining bots that you program with parameters to fight bidding wars that take place faster than a human being can consciously compute. If we can just get rid of the website and get it all in game, great, but theres a difference between that and a fully automated buyout ah.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info