THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: off to the Marauder forum

"
Is there a particular order gems have to be in Mjolner to get the max out of them???

...And besides Warlords Mark, what is another good curse to use for Occultist doing duo curse? o_O

The only thing that matters for gems in Mjolner is that, going from top left to bottom right, you have Arc socketed before Discharge.

As for curses, you can run elemental weakness if you want extra DPS or you can run enfeeble or temp chains if you want extra defense.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Let me say that currently scion is the most useless class for a discharge build. Even the guy who created this thread trashed his scion in favor or another character.

this is because Scion has an absolute useless ascendancy tree. The juggernaut perk on marauder is light years ahead of a scion discharge. I mean it isn't even funny how incredibly more powerful Juggernaut is compared to anything scion can offer.

There is absolutely NO point in playing scion for this build, NONE.

I have petitioned GGG to give scion her own separate ascendancy tree or allow scion to choose from any class their entire tree. There is no other way around this, unless this is done, scion is going to continue to be useless and it would be wrong to recommend scion for 99% of builds.

Ascendancy changed everything about POE and has rendered scion worthless. There is no 2 skill on the scion ascendancy tree that can even remotely compete with a 1 single tree from another character.

I did the right thing and trashed my scion aswell. It wasn't easy but had to do it.
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
for juggernaut, would elemental overload or rt with 2 discharges be better? controlled destruction and elemental overload wont reach 100% more damage, so a second discharge with rt should give you more damage, right?
Currently trying out 3x Curses with Occultist. Using unique ring and skill point node until I get my 7th and 8th ascendancy point. (Are they hard to get?)

Using Warlord Mark, Enfeeble, and Elemental Weakness. Not sure how Temporal Chains would help a lot or if Poachers Mark maybe useful for its faster flask recharging. o_O
I did this build but it worked kinda shitty

Discharge wasn't constant. Could be because I don't have a legacy mjolner? I used a kings guard and had molten, multi strike, faster attack and Greater Multiple Projectiles all linked but you could see the discharge stopping sometimes and molten just falling.

My money is on the fact that my mjolner is 30% pro and not 50% like a legacy.

thoughts?

Also is 40ex a good price for a legacy mjolner? is this price higher or lower than it was when it first came out?

Also it may even be best to just scrap out the scion completely for a discharge build. Juggernaut allows for this build to work a trillion times superior from what I see.
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
Last edited by TriniGamer on Jun 25, 2016, 2:59:04 PM
"
TriniGamer wrote:
I did this build but it worked kinda shitty

Discharge wasn't constant. Could be because I don't have a legacy mjolner? I used a kings guard and had molten, multi strike, faster attack and Greater Multiple Projectiles all linked but you could see the discharge stopping sometimes and molten just falling.

My money is on the fact that my mjolner is 30% pro and not 50% like a legacy.

thoughts?

Also is 40ex a good price for a legacy mjolner? is this price higher or lower than it was when it first came out?

Also it may even be best to just scrap out the scion completely for a discharge build. Juggernaut allows for this build to work a trillion times superior from what I see.

If you used Kingsguard, you were not using my build as per the OP. And yes, in 2.3 the Scion is terrible for this build - which is why I've not bothered with a 2.3 update. If you want to follow this build - which is low life - you should make a Marauder and take the Berserker ascendency. If you want to make a life based kingsguard variant, then you want to make a Marauder and use the Juggernaut ascendancy.

With my build and reasonable gear, you do not need a legacy Mjolner for anything except Uber and maybe Core Malachai.
Last edited by tackle70 on Jun 25, 2016, 8:29:07 PM
tackle70 here's the version that I'm currently lvling to:

lvl 93 tree

Im right now @87 so I'm missing 36% dmg increase, 6% aura eff for additional +1 max, and Cloaked in Savagery.

Gear&gems:

I'm running Wrath + Haste + Discipline + HoT + PoL + PoF + PoI + AA at the same time. No WM on blasphemy - it wont be needed, I'm currently using CWDT - WM and it works fine but as soon as I will be able to reach for Cloaked in Savagery it also wont be needed.

Now DMG is almost on pair with fire juggernaut version running 3/9 charges with elemental overload, double discharge, fire pen (which is huge) and will be on pair when I reach 32% ele increased nodes, 2% additional penetration and 4% increase from +20 str. Any spell dmg on a shield and it will be above&beyond juggernaut version (dmg wise).

I'm sitting at 7+ k ES with 6+ aps molten (which is crazy). Ele dmg tankiness will be similar with juggernatu version when I reach that missing +1 max, phys dmg facetank sustain will be also on pair (vs big hits) thx to AA + Fortify + endu charges and phys dmg mitigation as far as many small hits goes will not be on pair (Academy nados etc). Leech/s will be on pair aswell and above&beyond with VoV or Cloaked in Savagery.

This build has a future.

Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on Jun 27, 2016, 8:31:33 AM
Hi

if i wanted to do this build as a berserker, how would the tree look like?
"
Hi

I made a post with a suggested tree a page or two back, or you can just check my character "Ours_Is_The_Fury"
"
Hi

I made a post with a suggested tree a page or two back, or you can just check my character "Ours_Is_The_Fury"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info