Would there be a downside to putting an auction house in at this point?

Maybe read one of the the other 3 thousand pointless topics about this to find the arguments you are looking for. Jeez, this crap comes back every week.
"
Miská wrote:
Maybe read one of the the other 3 thousand pointless topics about this to find the arguments you are looking for. Jeez, this crap comes back every week.

Until GGG introduces an actual trade system this will keep coming up

and if/when we get an actual trade system then people will make threads bitching about it and how it ruined the game and they are quitting lol
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:
"
Miská wrote:

and if/when we get an actual trade system then people will make threads bitching about it and how it ruined the game and they are quitting lol

Trading is working fine as it is. Not GGG's problem people are to lazy to do anything these days.
Totally agree with OP. I don't see how you could think for a moment that poe.trade is anything but a badly implemented AH that just makes you lose more time than a real AH.
And ffs, can we stop pretending that there's "player interaction"? 95+% of trades are:
- I search the item I want
- I send player x the via poe.trade automatically generated measage
- He invites me to team
- We meet in his ho
- we trade
- we maybe say "thx"

Is THIS really the "player interaction" that is one of the big reasons to not have an AH?

The AH in D3 was bad for a totally different reason. It's not because AHs per se are bad, it's because the D3 economy was bad, resulting in a dramatic inflation. And also because playing self-found was almost impossible. Dunno how it is nowadays but when I played, you were lvl40 and were not finding a single item that was even close to wearable. This is a LOT better in poe.

"
Miská wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:
"
Miská wrote:

Trading is working fine as it is. Not GGG's problem people are to lazy to do anything these days.

is it the players or GGG thats lazy

I mean think about it Poe.trade is basically doing GGGs job for them
I dont see any any key!
"
zankioh wrote:
why not just put an actual simple auction house into the game at this point?
Would it really make a difference?

what changed?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Auction House no... There's a saying when buying a car, "there's an ASS for every seat." As a flipper it would be so easy for me to manipulate the currency in a way where it's completely legal. AH serves nothing but us evil sales people...
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
"
mark1030 wrote:
The downside would be you'd lose half the player base. Most people who want an actual AH want the instant gratification of getting the item they want when they want it with little effort. After they get everything they want this way, many will likely move on to other games. So not only would you lose the first half of the players instantly, you'd lose a lot of the other players shortly after.

That doesn't sound plausible.

If you want instant gratification you already have it. Fire up your sale tool of choice, enter a buyout and bam.

Or the other way around: Use poe.trade, filter for what you want, whisper and bam 10 seconds later you own what you wanted.

We already have an AH in this game, it's just slightly more of a hassle than it needs to be at this point. When everything is already so convenient and you can with ease filter through all sorts of items out there then you might as well cut out the middleman and just put a simple AH in the game itself.
"
zankioh wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:
The downside would be you'd lose half the player base. Most people who want an actual AH want the instant gratification of getting the item they want when they want it with little effort. After they get everything they want this way, many will likely move on to other games. So not only would you lose the first half of the players instantly, you'd lose a lot of the other players shortly after.

That doesn't sound plausible.

If you want instant gratification you already have it. Fire up your sale tool of choice, enter a buyout and bam.

Or the other way around: Use poe.trade, filter for what you want, whisper and bam 10 seconds later you own what you wanted.

If that were really true, you wouldn't see the AH topic come up every week. Every argument for an AH proves that people are not getting their instant gratification in the current system. They want even easier instant gratification. They want to not even have to try for it.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
No it wouldn't matter.

People like to be dramatic and think the economy would collapse but once GGG expands ease of use that also increases the percent of population using those tools whether or not there is an 'AH' if the conditions exist for economic collapse it will happen.

(and those conditions are more dependent on population of trade than ease of trade - relative to drop rates of course [which is why I think no matter the type of improvement to trading the reward paradigm will shift further away from sf friendly])

Edit: People also like forget that because of the 2B gold AH cap the most expensive items weren't even traded using the AH. (I think it was 2B, there was a cap that caused people to trade outside it)
Last edited by GeorgAnatoly on Feb 3, 2016, 12:22:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info