Would there be a downside to putting an auction house in at this point?

Automation
Complete control
Obliteration
etc

Downsides would be pretty severe.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Turbodevil wrote:
Much worse, Poe.trade is nothing like AH:

- delay between listing offer and indexing it
- obscure
- inconvenient
- require buyer and seller to meet in game

It makes trading annoying and taxes every deal with the most precious thing ever: your time. In other words, it discourages players from trading. Which is good, because it's an aRPG, not trading simulator. You are supposed to kill things and be happy for loot they dropped, not stare at item listings.

I totally agree with this post. Trading is good as it is. Only bad thing is the economy which is f**ked up. If you would think about a way to fix the economy itself in some way, so that prices don't go through the roof with each season/race, then you´re on the right way. AH definitely not.
https://www.twitch.tv/ston3cold3
"
diablofdb wrote:
I remember playing D3 during the auction house time. There was little to no drop, I was stuck in Inferno could not really make it to act 4, so I needed to get a new and better gear. Best way to get that new gear was to farm gold to buy it on the auction house. And the best way to farm gold was in act 1, there was a dank cellar and a chest in it it was in tristam ruin near the waypoint, all you had to do was to open it grab the money reload another game and do it as fast as possible 2 time per minute. I did that for nearly an entire afternoon, made ton of gold.... and then I realized the game became stupidly boring, pointless and not amusing at all.

I dont see how this is any different than poe....

I needed gear so I farmed dried lake until I had the money to go to poe.trade and buy what I needed
I dont see any any key!
"
zankioh wrote:
"
vio wrote:

Spoiler
just go through poe.trade and get me a list of items which are worth more than 5 chaos which for me is the threshold for a item which is getting sold eventually. all the other stuff is things nobody really wants. the list should be pretty short, it's basically jewelery and some tier 1 uniques.

That is just flat out wrong. I both sell and buy items priced as low as 1 alch constantly and so do many other people. Tons of items put up for a b/o of 1 chaos or 2 chaos are being sold all the time.

my statement based on the stats trackpete got from watching items on poe.trade come and go with his own search engine and posting it on reddit some time ago.
it showed to me, players mostly exchange higher value items.

but overall you're of course right, low level stuff gets sold sooner or (probably)later. especially if it's underpriced. which is the thing ggg want's to prevent.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Feb 3, 2016, 10:05:25 AM
"
Turbodevil wrote:
Loot felt worthless (noone would buy it, there were 10000s of better offers), op items were too expensive for you (unless you won a lottery with uber rare drop or RMT)

Hahhahahahaha, so what is the difference with the current situation in PoE???hahahahah

I vendor 99.999% of items I get, because they are worthless. The only thing I've managed to sell in recent months was a shavs. Guess how I'm going to buy my next decent rare item? Yep, it only took you 100ms to figure it out - with currency from that shavs sale and vendoring trash for a few months after that.
Last edited by ivkoto77777 on Feb 3, 2016, 10:09:47 AM
"
k1rage wrote:
"
diablofdb wrote:
I remember playing D3 during the auction house time. There was little to no drop, I was stuck in Inferno could not really make it to act 4, so I needed to get a new and better gear. Best way to get that new gear was to farm gold to buy it on the auction house. And the best way to farm gold was in act 1, there was a dank cellar and a chest in it it was in tristam ruin near the waypoint, all you had to do was to open it grab the money reload another game and do it as fast as possible 2 time per minute. I did that for nearly an entire afternoon, made ton of gold.... and then I realized the game became stupidly boring, pointless and not amusing at all.

I dont see how this is any different than poe....

I needed gear so I farmed dried lake until I had the money to go to poe.trade and buy what I needed

It is not any different than PoE. That is the point... We just don't have gold for a currency :)
"
ivkoto77777 wrote:

Hahhahahahaha, so what is the difference with the current situation in PoE???hahahahah

Scale of the problem.
Not a signature.
"
Turbodevil wrote:
"
ivkoto77777 wrote:

Scale of the problem.

Doesn't really matter. Even if it is a smaller shit than the one D3 used to have, it still stinks.
The downside would be you'd lose half the player base. Most people who want an actual AH want the instant gratification of getting the item they want when they want it with little effort. After they get everything they want this way, many will likely move on to other games. So not only would you lose the first half of the players instantly, you'd lose a lot of the other players shortly after.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
Turbodevil wrote:
"
ivkoto77777 wrote:

Scale of the problem.

This!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info