And so it begins, E buffs.

Yum flask nerf.

The E in PvE is getting upped :)

We could compile a list as data gets released, i think ascendancy is going to be okay.

Just for all you concerned "ascendancy opie op" people out there.

Pretty dope new flasks, loving the announcement so far.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I don't see how you got the impression that flasks are nerfed.

It's definitely a buff to evasion though. A lot of the flasks are very good for evasion builds.

Whether it's a good idea and whether it helps evasion builds to the point of viability remains to be seen.
Evasion is great until you get one shot by a tier 12 map rare.

Also, before I go and buy a shit ton of vinktar flasks on crudcore, I need to know if the max res nerfs are making unique flasks go legacy. GGG was (again) purposely obtuse on these points. I just want to fund my dream of having a legacy kaoms.
Last edited by mochimutt on Feb 2, 2016, 11:38:53 PM
"
I don't see how you got the impression that flasks are nerfed.

It's definitely a buff to evasion though. A lot of the flasks are very good for evasion builds.

Whether it's a good idea and whether it helps evasion builds to the point of viability remains to be seen.

It's pretty fucking nerfed lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Nerf to resist flasks and an unknown nerf to quicksilver duration isn't what I would consider "all flasks are nerfed".
Losing 4% max resist from ele util flasks is pretty big considering the best unique flasks are ele flasks and you can be sure flasks node from the tree will be gimped as well to compensate for ONE ascendancy class.

Expect to see wave after wave of nerfs when the patch notes finally do come out.

Nerfing QS i any shape or farm is absurd, jesus.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Feb 2, 2016, 11:44:11 PM
"
Boem wrote:

We could compile a list as data gets released, i think ascendancy is going to be okay.

Just for all you concerned "ascendancy opie op" people out there.

-Boem-

the nerfs arent anywhere hard enough (pause) to offset the crazy shit ascendancy classes provide themselves. its an ok start I guess but in the grand scheme of things it seems like that little 'nerf' they did to vaal spark before the start of 2.1 by nerfing one of the jewelz. yeah, same impact.
"
Nerf to resist flasks and an unknown nerf to quicksilver duration isn't what I would consider "all flasks are nerfed".

Just think about the impact of +max resist flasks coupled with flask effect on the passive tree in this change.

Not saying i don't like it by the way, i do, very much so.

But i expect a lot of troubles when going for ubber now for example, or certain top-end bosses.

This was totally expected, it's just a wink thread to the people that screamed "ascendancy opie op" a while back. I expect more changes to "soften" the impact of ascendancy, solidifying their attributes.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : @grep, you know perfectly well this is just a start :D

It's nicely handled though, here have this nerf, BUT LOOK --> shiny new toys!

Admirable.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Feb 2, 2016, 11:44:42 PM
"
Boem wrote:
"

Just think about the impact of +max resist flasks coupled with flask effect on the passive tree in this change.

Not saying i don't like it by the way, i do, very much so.

But i expect a lot of troubles when going for ubber now for example, or certain top-end bosses.

This was totally expected, it's just a wink thread to the people that screamed "ascendancy opie op" a while back. I expect more changes to "soften" the impact of ascendancy, solidifying their attributes.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : @grep, you know perfectly well this is just a start :D

It's nicely handled though, here have this nerf, BUT LOOK --> shiny new toys!

Admirable.

well, out of all my existing characters, I guess the only ones affected by the changes are pure RF toons who cant get 100% fire res anymore with alchemist wheel

Im glad about qs nerf as well, but honestly- these nerfs scratch the surface and almost had to be made. I mean, theres already a lot of flask-based builds (ie the infamous bladefall/ek+flask build) and that new ascendancy class revolving around flask would just be ridiculous without *some* nerfs

but lowkey, the phys resist flask, and spell dodge flask can be very op as well. of course, at this point if taste of hate wont get nerfed, Ill take an alternative base any day.
"
Evasion is great until you get one shot by a tier 12 map rare.

Also, before I go and buy a shit ton of vinktar flasks on crudcore, I need to know if the max res nerfs are making unique flasks go legacy. GGG was (again) purposely obtuse on these points. I just want to fund my dream of having a legacy kaoms.

But the physical mitigation flask could change that.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info