failed to initialize

Hi!
I start to use a new computer and copy the poe folder from my old computer to my new pc.
The old one was downloaded by steam but I have copied the PathOfExile.exe as well(and it works on the old pc).
But now it says failed to initialize.
I tried the keyboard way and it doesn't work.
I installed the MSVC (first time x86 by mistake and then x64).
I'm running on win 10.
I have run the packcheck.
Here's the log.
2016/02/03 09:20:34 ***** LOG FILE OPENING *****
2016/02/03 09:20:35 3067203 14f [INFO Client 8832] Send protocol version
2016/02/03 09:20:35 3067437 1bb [INFO Client 8832] Web root: http://patchcdn.pathofexile.com/2.1.2.3/
2016/02/03 09:20:35 3067437 1bc [INFO Client 8832] Backup Web root: http://patch102.pathofexile.com:8095/patch/2.1.2.3/
2016/02/03 09:20:35 3067437 1c7 [INFO Client 8832] Requesting root contents 1
2016/02/03 09:20:35 3067687 1ef [INFO Client 8832] Got file list for "" 0
2016/02/03 09:20:35 3067843 24d [INFO Client 8832] Finished checking files
2016/02/03 09:20:36 3068250 f2 [INFO Client 8832] Changing to OpenAL device "Generic Software on ������ (Realtek High Definition Audio)"
Hi there, I'm sorry to hear this is happening! Have you tried deleting and re-downloading Path of Exile (either through Steam or the standalone client)? Some files may have become corrupted when you transferred them over, or you may have left some critical file or folder behind. A fresh download would ensure this is not the case.

Are you using Steam or the standalone client on your new computer?
Need some help? Contact us at support@grindinggear.com

Queen of Padlocks
Last edited by Rachel on Feb 2, 2016, 10:43:12 PM
ok, I'll try to download a new standalone client since we cannot access the game through steam in China.
Just intending to save some time to download, cuz I have a lot of stuff to download on my new pc
Alright thanks for that, and sorry for the inconvenience :(

Let us know if you continue to get this error after re-downloading.

Queen of Padlocks
After hours of downloading, the problem still exists :(
What I did was just click download now on the website and choose the old folder and cover the old files.(still downloaded 6G)
Now I uninstall the whole game and click download now on the page again.
The same problem again.
This is so frustrating, man.
Hey again, thank you for trying that and my apologies for the delay in response!

There may be a compatibility issue with Path of Exile's particular TTF font encoding and Windows 10. Could you please download FixPoeFont, then extract it to the directory containing PathofExile.exe (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile)? After doing so, please launch Path of Exile, then let us know if you continue to experience this issue.

Queen of Padlocks
Hey man.
Thank you very much for your advice and it started.
Next time try to tell others earlier about this, dude! This one is so easy and it doesn't take hours to download and re-download the game!
And I did read some threads about this, omg the font is so ugly lol. Any way I can use the original game font? I remember there's a way to fix it. And I can't read Chinese in this font. Some of my friends don't say English :/
It's great to hear you were able to get it working! I just wanted to check that it wasn't a case of corrupted files before recommending FixPoeFont :)

The developer of this software talks about how to change the font here, although I'm afraid I can't say for certain whether it's usable with Chinese lettering. You could always post in Emjayen's FixPoeFont forum thread with this question though!

Queen of Padlocks
I got an alternative way to fix the problem.
I remove the fontmap and fixpoefont files and run the game in win8 compatible.
It works and the font is the original poe font.
The only problem is no matter in which way, items linked in chat are so BIG!
Can you fix it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info