failed to initialize

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear this is happening! Have you tried deleting and re-downloading Path of Exile (either through Steam or the standalone client)? Some files may have become corrupted when you transferred them over, or you may have left some critical file or folder behind. A fresh download would ensure this is not the case.

Are you using Steam or the standalone client on your new computer?
Need some help? Contact us at support@grindinggear.com

Queen of Padlocks
Last edited by Rachel on Feb 2, 2016, 10:43:12 PM
Alright thanks for that, and sorry for the inconvenience :(

Let us know if you continue to get this error after re-downloading.

Queen of Padlocks
Hey again, thank you for trying that and my apologies for the delay in response!

There may be a compatibility issue with Path of Exile's particular TTF font encoding and Windows 10. Could you please download FixPoeFont, then extract it to the directory containing PathofExile.exe (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile)? After doing so, please launch Path of Exile, then let us know if you continue to experience this issue.

Queen of Padlocks
It's great to hear you were able to get it working! I just wanted to check that it wasn't a case of corrupted files before recommending FixPoeFont :)

The developer of this software talks about how to change the font here, although I'm afraid I can't say for certain whether it's usable with Chinese lettering. You could always post in Emjayen's FixPoeFont forum thread with this question though!

Queen of Padlocks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info