So I have to find out the launch date through reddit?

"
"
Maswasnos wrote:
It looks like GGG posted it to a news site that got linked on Reddit. The same thing happened with the recent ascendancy class reveals. I'd expect a news post on this site very soon (probably tonight EST).

If you're so mad that Reddit got it first, why didn't YOU make a post on the forums about it? That's exactly what happened on Reddit, a random user made a post and people were able to upvote it to the front page. This forum doesn't work like that, but you could still create a post in general to get the word out.

It's not like the devs posted the news to Reddit and ignored the forums here. That's not what happened, so stop complaining about it.

Here's the link to the article, since nobody linked it in this thread yet: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/747/view/news/read/38139/Path-of-Exile-Ascendancy-to-Launch-on-March-4th.html

Are you the defender now?

Sure. I went ahead and made a thread with the linked article so people can properly discuss it rather than complain about reddit.

The real problem is that GGG is having random news sites release their information first and then coming out with a news post here later. It's just a pain.
TBH you could already deduct thay by yourself, they said leagues will stop on the 3th of march and Ascendancy will be released before the week end. Doesn't take a genius to figurate at the date.
"
eragon1111 wrote:
"
XigTek wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:
To be fair, it wasn't GGG that posted the link in reddit. But still, the link is there before here.

And "will likely" is not the same as "March 4th 12:00 PM PST"

Just as well, the news article doesn't seem to have an official source cited, and may very well be an assumption.

As the times are the typical times they've used for other launches in the past.

Duuhh, ofcourse there is no official source indicator, because it is not posted yet on OFFICIAL SITE.

Which is even worse.

Did u ever thought of the fact that a Post like this wont be one simple line saying its released on the 4th of march?

Actually it takes time to prepare the post so it will be here in the next days, which is still a month till release.

If u'd like to have such a poor post about the new poe changing content, u can have it there, i prefer w8ing for a full quality post by chris which actually is worth the time to be read.
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
It wasn't announced on reddit, it was announced on a totally different website. MMORPG.com.

I'm not sure if you're being serious or not, but if you are you really gotta get your facts right.
Sucks but its been this way for a long time now, can ya do

someone usually posts the info here afterwards
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
It wasn't announced on reddit, it was announced on a totally different website. MMORPG.com.

I'm not sure if you're being serious or not, but if you are you really gotta get your facts right.
Are you talking about my OP? I never said it was announced on reddit. I said that's where I found out about it. My point was they didn't announce it here.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
My point was they didn't announce it here.

And my point is that "they" (MMORPG.com) are not GGG.
"
mark1030 wrote:

ggg is the first company i know who would give really good interviews to newspapers and are just not pointing their player base to it in their daily announcement.

it's like a handful of hardcore proggers have founded a company and play down the public relation thing completely if there is no major release in the hopes it spreads around anyway (mouth to mouth and "online multiplicators" and "players use zwitter/fratzenbuch anyway to share news" so they don't have to.

and yes, i'm still pissed that i advocate for a way to "show item's properties not summed up" for years in this forum without a response and then a guy from reddit suggests it and chris responds there "it's a good idea".
this really made me think of quitting my forum participation and move to reddit too.

so basically you're right, if you substract the public announcements which i see as mandatory pr for this forum, the only dev who posted more here than in reddit is mark_ggg.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Feb 2, 2016, 7:56:56 PM
"
"
mark1030 wrote:

And my point is that "they" (MMORPG.com) are not GGG.
The latest 3 ascendency classes were announced elsewhere too. What's your point? Do you think that means GGG didn't give them the information?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Feb 2, 2016, 7:57:56 PM
so .. today's announcement is not pointing to that article either...
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info