Need help with puncture/trap for atziri

Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 5:29:53 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
"
iamblamb wrote:

I'd be using it for the 40% increased damage, not the culling effect. And what do you think of the rest of the linked gems? Is this nothing or something?

I think you'll get better damage output from rapid decay with its more multiplier rather than the increased damage from culling strike, but that will depend on whether you have any other sources of %increased damage (which will decrease the relative benefit from culling strike), or %increased skill effect duration (which will mitigate the drawback of rapid decay).

I haven't tried remote mine personally. Do you have to wait longer after setting it, or does it take longer to throw than a plain old trap?

I'm avoiding using skills that try to rely on the target to move. I'm worried about merc a4 piety and vaals soul and others that don't move. So my focus is instead on getting the initial damage up (since that also influences all subsequent damage as well.) Also remote mine throws the mine and when you detonate it, it drops the trap in the same spot. It takes a hair longer when you get into the drop-detonate rhythm but provides a significant boost to damage (50%)!
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 5:30:21 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
If that delay doesn't bother you then I think your setup provides the highest damage per trap. Do you know if trap and mine damage multiplier applies twice for your trap-mine?

I don't know/can't tell because the paper damage doesn't accurately reflect the damage that I'm doing. I'd like to assume that it does. Wonder if it will get nerfed?

The Trap and Mine support gems now have multiplicative damage bonuses that are specific to traps and mines respectively. This means that you can't cast a skill through a trap and a mine for double bonuses. In addition, Trap and Mine damage bonuses now do not benefit minions cast through traps or mines.
"
kreca73 wrote:

The Trap and Mine support gems now have multiplicative damage bonuses that are specific to traps and mines respectively. This means that you can't cast a skill through a trap and a mine for double bonuses. In addition, Trap and Mine damage bonuses now do not benefit minions cast through traps or mines.

thanks for the knowledge,. . . guess it looks like i'm going to have to switch up my approach

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info