Need help with puncture/trap for atziri

So, ive been using my main standard character for atziri before, pre-2.0... and recently i did atziri... and am quite disappointed

So, heres the thing

Pre-2.0, i could oneshot the split atziris with puncture/trap with PB, Crit multi and PPAD... however, now i cannot, i am absolutely baffled because i looked at puncture, and recently, nothing has changed...

Is there an updated puncture/trap 5l/6l setup for atziri? like, is Rapid Decay even viable with puncture/trap stuff?

My gear is decent at best... or top tier, idunno, my gears aight

But, yeah, basically, what is an updated 5/6l for puncture? with the split phase, i could DoT in one crit shot, but now, with 1 crit shot, its 1/4 life :/
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 5:28:05 PM
I used to do the same thing, but puncture damage was massively nerfed in 1.3

Puncture in 1.2:

Puncture in 1.3:

You say you've done this prior to 2.0, but I don't think puncture has changed since 1.3.
Legacy SC IGN: Octora
Standard SC IGN: Octyte
Just remember atziri got buffed in 2.0 dmg wise and prob health wise. Someone on reddit i think mentioned getting split phase down with poison linked to puncture trap and cursing with vulnerability.
Last edited by Fhark on Feb 1, 2016, 12:44:18 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
Here are the supports I use for a 6l:

Puncture trap: Puncture - Trap - Trap and mine damage - Slower projectiles - Rapid decay - Crit multi (replace with point blank if you don't have it on the tree)

Puncture arrow: Puncture - Slower projectiles - PPAD - Rapid Decay - Crit Multi - Poison

So, for a chest with GGGGB linked, what would be the prefered 5l?
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 5:28:22 PM

This setup almost kills uber atziri split phase with 3 traps. 4 is enough. 3 is more than enough on normal atziri split phase. With a 5L and point blank you would end up with the same result.

Also poison gem (as mentioned above) is insane. Especially combined with fatal toxins.
Last edited by Frankenberry on Feb 1, 2016, 3:13:56 PM
I'm fairly new but trying to maximize the damage I do with a puncture trap setup. I've got the point blank keystone, chin sol, and am thinking about changing to a 6L setup where i run Puncture, Trap, Remote Mine, Trap and Mine Damage, Physical Projectile Attack Damage, and slower projectiles.

I'm going to do some testing tonight when i get home and I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but does anyone know if concentrated effect or culling strike would work puncture traps? If either do then I'd swap em out for the slower projectiles. Until then this is all just theory-crafting.

I'll keep you posted on how it goes but if someone can test the setup before I get home please let me know how it goes.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 5:29:45 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:

Concentrated effect will have no effect on puncture trap since puncture is not an AOE skill. Culling strike will work if the monster starts below 10%, but the degeneration won't trigger a cull later. From the wiki:

"
Culling Strike will not cause enemies who drop below 10% life as a result of degeneration to be killed instantly.

I'd be using it for the 40% increased damage, not the culling effect. And what do you think of the rest of the linked gems? Is this nothing or something?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info