Rate your top 3 RIP situation and how to avoid it

As melee coc build, the below RIP me 99% of the time:

1-Volatile blood:
by far the number 1, as far as I can see there is no special aura for it.
I didn't really find a solution beside reading the mods of every rare in the game which is... annoying to say the least. This mod seems not properly documented so we don't know exactly how the damage is calculated. Is it based on weap damage or health pool... I suppose high fire res would help otherwise.

2-Corrupted blood:
There is no aura for it. This can stack pretty fast with high AS. If the maps has added damage, vulnerability etc. then this means insta RIP more or less.

3-Detonate corpse
Multiple detonation at the wrong time = RIP.
I'm cautious now when A4 mobs are in the maps. I couldn't figure which one can detonate corpses very fast which RIP me like 3 times in a T9 maps. That was the worse map ever.
I'm thinking to use a vaal detonate to clear the screen in some situation like spring boss.

Note: ele reflect is OK with 4% leech (gem + warlord mark) but the health bar is going up and down crazily. Ele + immune curse = chaos orb on the map.

Special mention to carnivore mob when they start to use their range attack. RIP to it like a noob when I'm too much in a rush to loot. Solution: don't loot before they are all dead !
1-Stupidity. Or carelessness. Too many easy maps and losing focus, not caring about things and dying to something utterly retarded. Like running into a haste shrine pack that has immortality, diamond and phys aura totems around it in a TC/double dmg mods map. Fuck me.

2-Beyond bosses spawning from bloodline mod in a high map that has enough annoying mods. No way to counter this either, other than to read the mods of every single blue pack and spot it before the packs near-instantly die.

Nothing else really. Honorable mentions to no rege and chaining maps.
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
EZ mode Dual Flame Totems build.

1 - Bearers - Not having a loot filter and looking for drops in the sea of white trash was getting me killed a lot not so long ago. I adapted a loot filter since then, started being more wary of blue packs and stopped tunnel visioning dropped loot.

2 - Map Bosses - I found it hard to skip map Bosses until recently... I always enjoyed the challenge and was quite negligent of how OP some became with combinations of map affixes. I've killed most Map Bosses at least once so I figured why continue to risk exp loss and slow play dangerous 1-shot fights when my main goal is reaching Lvl.100 and I can maintain maps fine without fighting the more dangerous Bosses.

3 - Sloppy play - I get comfortable after beating Tier 11,12,13 maps 20-30 times in a long session, so I start to play sloppy and let Rare mobs get too close before noticing they are volitile, can rupture me or have ridiculous affixes that 1-shot my low armor totem summoner.

Special mention - Strongboxes with detonates nearby dead or in a map with fracture. I plan my lightning warp escape route then accidentally click area where I can't warp to so I'm stuck in sea of mobs waiting to die.
"The key to winning any fight is simply staying alive."
Frost bearers
fixed by not reading chat

Storm bearers

Flame bearers
1. Volatile mobs.
Don't play melee.

2. Bearers.
Don't play melee.

3. Quill Bears.
CwDT IC, and also, don't play melee.
Domine Non Es Dignus
Internet failure, because it decides to randomly go out, leaving my character standing vulnerable for 6 seconds.

Fixed by buying a house in a different town or neighborhood with a different provider, since there are no other options besides 56K.
IGN: Fiona_Falconstrike, Geldar_the_Barbarian, Natalie_Fellshadow
"
pneuma wrote:
1. Volatile mobs.
Don't play melee.

2. Bearers.
Don't play melee.

3. Quill Bears.
CwDT IC, and also, don't play melee.

yep.

1. lv91 - Glacial Hammer - Volatile Devourer - Pop up, hit 3 times dead
-> Wait for Devourer to pop up, read all the mods, then kill
-> Dont play Melee

2. Lv95 - Ground Slam - -12 max, GMP Volcano Boss
-> Kills you faster then a blink, dont do hard mods with Melee
-> Dont play Melee
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

Last edited by Astarte911 on Feb 1, 2016, 2:33:25 AM
Level 83, both deaths were from freezing strong box.

solution: ignore boxes and get sweet exp/min!
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
What's the problem with bearers ? You just need to run away, it's not insta punishment upon death like volatile blood.

"
Nephalim wrote:
Level 83, both deaths were from freezing strong box.

solution: ignore boxes and get sweet exp/min!

You need an immune freeze flask to pop up before opening a chest. This is what I do. But be careful on 1 shot mechanism that can come with it, so get away first.
Last edited by reliq on Feb 1, 2016, 3:02:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info