Chaos-Crit Freezing Pulse(Crusader version)

I noticed there are some versions of this freezing pulse to chaos build, decided to show mine, not very different, but i use a templar and i like to play it, so well, though it was worth to share.

The char is a hybrid hp/es with focus in es, life is used more for running away in hot situations(10 mobs shooting 4 proj with extra dmg for example, es vanishes in seconds). The life is enough to support chaos damage hits(at lvl 85+ it is good keeping it above 3k), hardly a chaos proj will hit for more than it(never happened yet).

Cheap and strong build, if you like it, nice XD

Pros and cons:

Spoiler

Pros:

- High dps, clear speed
- safe to play (if multi projectiles)
- Atziri-no-death doable (didn't try uber for being a poor guy hehe)
- adaptative to many maps mod, you can do most of them(if not all, maybe not without dying)
- You can do all tier maps
- You can sustain mana with the mana nodes even using gmp(with 6l though, will need more mana nodes)

Cons:

- if you play 1 projectile(like i love), you have to dodge a lot or rip.
- that above issue is the main issue i see, can't be one shot for the 8k+ sustain from es+life.
- you can be annoyed by chaos damage too, chaos bombers can be scary, but it's about the gameplay, i think(one poison bomb won't one shot you).
- Chaos innoculation wrecks you, but you just remove pyre and it's fine.
- Only two auras(because of infernal mantle) can be a downside too.

Equipment:

Spoiler

Key equipment:
Spoiler

Budget:

Spoiler

dagger - 1 ex
ring - 1 chaos (i paid it)
infernal mantle - i paid 3 chaos for this nice roll and socketed and linked myself, but can be bought for 1 ex too
helm - can be any helm with good es, but i love vertex vaal for the huge energy shield and +1 gems(i used freezing pulse set up in it until i managed to 5l the mantle)
glove - didn't try the maligaro because it is expensive, just bought the facebreaker for some chaos and i am using it for the extra critical damage.
boot - can be any boot, but i'm liking the windscream for the extra curse, so i can weaken enemies easily, and it is very cheap too.
shield - es shield, you can buy one with high es and critical chance for around 20 chaos, like i did.

The budget for the main equip is like 2-3 ex, +1 ex for the rest of the items which you can buy for some chaos.

Bandits:

Spoiler

Normal - Oak
Cruel - Kill all
Merciless - Power charge

Passive tree:

Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUAAx4EswVCBx4HYwj0DkgPxBBYES0RLxFQEZYWbxa_Fy8bJRzcHRQdTx9BIG4i9CSqJpUpTyoLKwosnC0fMtE1uTt8QZZDyEVHSVFJsUyzTwRQMFF0VUtV1lugXfJh4mTnZlRmnmjyakNrt2wLbRlwUnwOfEt8g35Zf8aApIKbhXuFfYdlidOMNox2jmSO6Y8aj_qTJ5UulnSaO548oS-iAKKjppmnK6dVrrOvm7b6tzG4yrmTvorAVMBmwwnLvdAf0PXVptfP2Vvhc-Nq6-7r9ew47TzviO_r8B_w1fId96b5N_rS?accountName=Crusader_of_Sorrow&characterName=Light_of_Divinityyy

Jewels:

Spoiler

Choose the ones with crit multiplier or izaro's turmoil for more base damage. Bought all from poe.trade for some chaos.

Freezing pulse set up:

Spoiler

4l - freezing pulse + spell echo + cold to fire + void manipulation
5l - add faster casting
6l - i will add increased critical damage

For gmp, if changing between farm and bosses, you can replace void manipulation to use it.
If using always gmp, best to replace is faster casting(consumes way more mana) and it adds less damage(1k actually) than void manipulation.

Defensive set up for gems:

Spoiler

Fortify is the main defense if you like to move around a lot like me.

Shield set up is the one with bigger impact on phys damage reduction, if you take a big hit, won't take another following it.
Boot set up with chaos golem for more phys reduction and immortal call to counter physical damage stun.
The glove set up is just so you can have power charges against bosses and don't cast assassin's mark too much. You can use only assassin's mark anyway and something you think more useful in the glove.

Generating power charges:

Spoiler

At the moment i'm using as main resource to generate power charges:
ice spear(high crit)+power charge on critical+cast when damage taken+greater multiple projectiles
in future i will probably cast the ice spear manually together with assassin's mark(already cast it manually). The charges lasts a lot, so generating it with some hits doesn't seem a problem to me.

Moving set up:

Spoiler

It is in the dagger, old and well know set up for whirling blades:
whirling blades+faster attacks+fortify(very important one if you wanna rush into the mobs)

Auras:

Spoiler

Herald of ice + discipline (later i will put up enlighten for the auras and maybe empower)
Vaal haste is only usable on lvl 10 max(i think was it)

this lvl, because didn't get many dexterity nodes from the tree (there are nodes i think are more important).
Obs.: i use vaal haste where is added cold damage, just lvling added cold damage because i like to lvl up as many gems as possible.
For a 6l set up, though, i will probably remove the gmp from gloves and will cast ice spear manually to generate the power charges(didn't think about anythink better when i get there yet).

Flasks:

Spoiler

Nice to have: anti freeze in one flask and anti-bleeding everywhere, so you won't whirl and die while bleeding because you didn't notice you are bleeding .-.

granite with iron skin: nice for more phys damage reduction.

Damage boost: atziri's promise, nice boost/chaos res and most players give it for free because it drops too much when farming atziri.

Obs.: Need dexterity on amulet and good res in the other ring slot, if using a doryani's invitation, can change for the cold version if lacking fire res, or the fire version, if lacking cold res.

Stats i get with this set up(Freezing pulse lvl 21, but it is not a requirement):

Spoiler

1 proj:

using gmp(i remove void manipulation for the color, but the best to remove is faster casting because it consumes more mana and add a little bit less damage, or cold to fire):

Base defensive stats:

Peak damage with vaal haste lvl 8 + atziri's promise:

If you don't care about resist and want damage, and MORE DAMAGE, you can change the resist ring for other like the rigvald one, which add +-15k extra dps.

OMG, look at that rigvald ring boost :O

XD

Freezing pulse lvl 19:
Spoiler

Base stats:

Sometimes...
Last edited by Crusader_of_Sorrow on Jan 31, 2016, 12:18:07 PM
Last bumped on Mar 17, 2016, 6:56:27 AM
Updated enough for now, i think.
Sometimes...
Last edited by Crusader_of_Sorrow on Jan 31, 2016, 11:00:45 AM
Video plz
My computer hardly allows me to play, can't do a video and play, only when i buy a new computer(far from happen).
Sometimes...
Looks cool, the damage numbers are awesome. If only there was a video :)
Ign: Shaavu
Hey man nice build, i think i will try it. You know wich one of the ascendancy class will be the best?
Good build! I have noob question: does damage from crit add to total dps, or crit already included in total dps? Sory for my english..
Best ascendancy class for critical is Inquisitor for sure. It will just boost the damage a lot with the critical nodes. Tooltip dps includes all: critical multiplier, chance, accuracy(don't apply to spells, though), damage per use and casts per second.
Sometimes...
Things i managed to do with this char set up(before i forget):

- Kill dual abyss boss without dying
- Kill Ambrius without dying

Things i couldn't do or didn't try:

- Didn't try Uber, spent the only mortal hope i dropped to buy the last challenges items.
- Core, i lagged and died like crazy the only map i dropped(not blaming only lag, this map is hard to this build)

Comments:

The rest of the game content was fun to play with this char(OP) and it is good i kept it here for reference. But i don't like to create a whole new char to test different things, so this char is another thing now lol(sadly weaker thing), decided to test CI, then started testing COC(not bad, but a little weird) too. And still testing to see what i will use next league(probably spectral). Anyway, that char made me finish this league \o/(thanks char).

Another comment: that consuming dark price going up won't affect this build, the nerfed version makes it better because you will have ignite and will avoid monster proliferation with pyre(it explode the corpses ignited). And the 25% fire damage reflected is too weak(with 75% fire res) to bother. Won't lose much damage(i think), because you don't increase chaos damage directly(only the gem void manipulation), just convert damage anyway.
Sometimes...
can you help me with list of important keystone on leveling?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info