I have to say it...PoE is better then Diablo 2

different era in ARPG terms. steps of evolution.
you are comparing The Beatles with Metallica basically.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Feb 2, 2016, 3:29:39 PM
"
johnKeys wrote:
different era in ARPG terms. steps of evolution.
you are comparing The Beatles with Metallica basically.

thats not even a contest...

Beatles every time....
I dont see any any key!
"
Pewzor wrote:
"
Sygnano wrote:
Seriously only here do you people need to compare the shit out of everything. Blablabla PoE better than d3. Blablabla PoE better than d2. Blablabla everything's trash but PoE. It feels like you have some kind of inferiority complex.

It's quite typical. Diablo virtually created this genre and everything came after that including PoE are just copycats that wants a piece of the pie.

GGG said the reason they made PoE in the first place because they want to recreate Diablo 2 but with their own formula not blizzards. In a sense D2 is PoE's big DADDY... just like D2 is the big DADDY for all other games that came and tried to share his piece of pie.

When your game is niche you get a sense of security or confidence or ect ect when someone gives you a seal of approval when compared to the mainstream... or the king/god w/e in that respective category.

Niche MMOs compare themselves to WoW.
Niche MOBA games compare themselves to DOTA or LoL
Niche Online FPS games compare to Counter Strike/BF/CoD
and ofc niche ARPG compare themselves to Diablo

ect ect you get the point.

D2 and PoE is really not comparable. But if they were from the same era, it will be pretty ignorant to say PoE was better.

Then again what's better? Financial success? Gameplays? Hardcoreness? How stupid low the droprates are? How easily a box can lag-rip you?

PoE can be compare to D3, D3 is clearly many many times superior than PoE financially. No matter how much D3 QQ and trashtalks us POErs put out will not have any impact nor power to stop Blizzard from selling millions of D3 copies every single expansion packs... and if all D3 players spit at us we would probably drown in the ocean of spits...

Luckily D3 players are not nearly as aggressive and hateful compare to us PoE dudes so we should be safe.

But clearly D3 is not better than PoE in other respect... but I dont know why people still wants to do the comparison... you can go to D3 forum and post the same "I have to say it...PoE is better then Diablo 3" and you will get different response.

That being said last time I posted PoE > D3 on D3 forum only like 12 people replied and they were mostly PoE players... Its like D3 players didn't even realize PoE exists and/or simply don't give a fuck about PoE. While on PoE forum PoE vs D3 will result in countless of bickering trashtalking whiteknighting forum account banning and suspension... which is hilarious as fuck for me. To see how 2 communities respond to the same argument completely differently. (One side just ignores it no fucks given, the other side acts like someone just kick their dogs and touched their wives).

Just because Diablo 2 is PoEs daddy, doesn't mean a sucessor can't be as good. WoW is generally praised for at least at one point being the best MMO, even though games like everquest came before it.

Ofc you can compare Diablo 2 and PoE. Both are from the same genre. Its not like comparing it with Civilization or Doom.
Yes its unfair because D2 is 15 years older. But im not arguing on that. D2 is most certainly more impressive for its time, just because it introduced alot.
But im saying that today PoE is atleast to me a modern D2 with many improvements.

None is arguing what game sold the most. And its not like thats a indication what is high quality.
Not to mention your comparing a well known 20 year old franschise to a small company that came only a couple of years ago.
Btw Reaper of souls sold well but in ratio to vanilla it sold far less then 50%. Which is quite low for a Blizzard expansion.

Actually I have seen plenty of long PoE threads on the Diablo 3 forums. Its just that moderators move the threads to areas on the forum that few visit.

I think the reason why many PoE players trash Diablo 3 is because many are old D1 and D2 fans.
They had high hopes for D3 but it turned out to be very different. Both in gameplay and aesthetics.
PoE took the place D3 was supposed to fill after D2.

Today with RoS i think D3 is decent, but to me it doesn't feel like a Diablo game. Which is a bit dissapointing.

Last edited by WickedSausage on Feb 2, 2016, 5:56:17 PM
"
WickedSausage wrote:

Just because Diablo 2 is PoEs daddy, doesn't mean a sucessor can't be as good. WoW is generally praised for at least at one point being the best MMO, even though games like everquest came before it.

Ofc you can compare Diablo 2 and PoE. Both are from the same genre. Its not like comparing it with Civilization or Doom.
Yes its unfair because D2 is 15 years older. But im not arguing on that. D2 is most certainly more impressive for its time, just because it introduced alot.
But im saying that today PoE is atleast to me a modern D2 with many improvements.

None is arguing what game sold the most. And its not like thats a indication what is high quality.
Not to mention your comparing a well known 20 year old franschise to a small company that came only a couple of years ago.
Btw Reaper of souls sold well but in ratio to vanilla it sold far less then 50%. Which is quite low for a Blizzard expansion.

Actually I have seen plenty of long PoE threads on the Diablo 3 forums. Its just that moderators move the threads to areas on the forum that few visit.

I think the reason why many PoE players trash Diablo 3 is because many are old D1 and D2 fans.
They had high hopes for D3 but it turned out to be very different. Both in gameplay and aesthetics.
PoE took the place D3 was supposed to fill after D2.

Today with RoS i think D3 is decent, but to me it doesn't feel like a Diablo game. Which is a bit dissapointing.

People are being biased by comparing Diablo 2 with PoE. Diablo 2 still win POE if we compare in standard of their era. Even Diablo 3 win POE if we compare graphic. If we need to compare, let compare POE with Fallout 4. Why are people picking a 15 year old game for comparison?
"
deathflower wrote:

People are being biased by comparing Diablo 2 with PoE. Diablo 2 still win POE if we compare in standard of their era. Even Diablo 3 win POE if we compare graphic. If we need to compare, let compare POE with Fallout 4. Why are people picking a 15 year old game for comparison?

Like I said before people who play smaller games sometimes needed public acknowledgements that they are just as good as "that other game" (usually games that are much bigger, much more well known and much more financially successful).

And there really isn't any stated categories to be compared here.

Are we comparing anecdotal shit like game experience where the it varies from person to person? or are we comparing the cold hard truth of evidence of which are more financially successful which... we all know who wins if that's the case.

The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
I'll put it this way...

If they actually go through with the HD remake that they posted jobs for, a lot of people are going to be leaving Path.

I don't think it is fair to compare the two, but having grown up with Diablo 1 and pretty much all of PC gaming in general, I don't think Path will ever come close.

Team Won
The bittervets ITT are really salty. As to the topic, PoE is still the best ARPG ever made, hands down. Grim Dawn came rather close to dethroning it, though.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
The bittervets ITT are really salty. As to the topic, PoE is still the best ARPG ever made, hands down. Grim Dawn came rather close to dethroning it, though.
You seem to be unclear on the meaning of either "hands down" or "rather close." Or both.

In any case, pick one: hands down, or rather close. Can't have both.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
You seem to be unclear on the meaning of either "hands down" or "rather close." Or both.

In any case, pick one: hands down, or rather close. Can't have both.

You're right, it doesn't make much sense the way I put it. It made sense in my head because I feel I don't have enough experience to judge Grim Dawn yet, so for now, PoE is still the best ARPG hands down, but there's a chance that Grim Dawn could dethrone it when I've had enough experience to judge it so from that perspective it at least came close.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Feb 2, 2016, 11:26:18 PM
"
deathflower wrote:

I played the trial version of Diablo 3. And that game has better graphics, you say?
I posted some screenshots of PoE in this thread:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/396585/page/53

Care to post some recent Diablo 3 pics?
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info