I have to say it...PoE is better then Diablo 2

"
k1rage wrote:
"
spawn10459 wrote:
Nah D2 is 100X better. at least in 2D items actually dropped. POE nothing drops for the common player only people who pay the most or stream get item drops worth more than 1C.

I must disagree I regularly get drops worth at least 2c and its not uncommon to get something like a tabula which is worth much more

Played since closed beta; haven't found a tabula. Ended up quitting when I realized my accounts entire net worth was just a couple ex.

Sorry, I don't feel like playing bartering simulator all day; I want to find my own items, something PoE is way worse than D2 is at.
"

Played since closed beta; haven't found a tabula. Ended up quitting when I realized my accounts entire net worth was just a couple ex.

Sorry, I don't feel like playing bartering simulator all day; I want to find my own items, something PoE is way worse than D2 is at.

And you perfectly can!

I have a fulltime job. So I can't invest too much time into this game. Now I leveled an elemental two hander ranger into the 80's. Throughout my journey these are all the uniques I found with like 30-40 pc rarity. Actually I found more but I already sold a couple of pieces or gave them away.

Spoiler

Do we need to quadruple the drops again?
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
My collection might be smaller than others but at least I played the game fair and square.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
"
"
k1rage wrote:
"
spawn10459 wrote:
Nah D2 is 100X better. at least in 2D items actually dropped. POE nothing drops for the common player only people who pay the most or stream get item drops worth more than 1C.

I must disagree I regularly get drops worth at least 2c and its not uncommon to get something like a tabula which is worth much more

i agree this game needs better droprate specially on items. the rare items are so extremely horrible 99% of the time that we are forced into buying items at poetrade. anyone remember d3 in the beginning when nobody found anything good and the droprates of items/affixes was adjusted with the intention from blizzard that we used the auction house. This game has the same shitty droprate like that.
"
Played since closed beta; haven't found a tabula.
That's really weird, one weekend I found three of the things, and in general I find them somewhat commonly.

I mean, I know they're Divine Orb each so they can't be THAT common but if they're super rare then I've got bizarro Tabula luck.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
^^
Played since 2012- Tabula was introduced on April 4th, 2013. Found maybe 20ish divine orbs during that time.

Never dropped a Fruit of the Loom tagless Tee either.
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
"
Reinhart wrote:
"

And you perfectly can!

I have a fulltime job. So I can't invest too much time into this game. Now I leveled an elemental two hander ranger into the 80's. Throughout my journey these are all the uniques I found with like 30-40 pc rarity. Actually I found more but I already sold a couple of pieces or gave them away.

Spoiler

Do we need to quadruple the drops again?
I think he meant "I want to find my own items that are actually usable on my 60+ character(s)". There are 7 or 8 such items from 25 you posted, everything else is either leveling stuff or vendor food. And for any given build I think you can use only 2-3 of them.
Nevertheless, I somewhat agree with you. Except the word "perfectly".
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
Imaginaerum wrote:
"
TheAshmaker wrote:
No i dont think so. D2 for its era and limitations on computer and server technology was a feat unrivaled in an action rpg game.

Not to mention I doubt PoE would exist as we know it without D2, and say what you want about Lord of the Rings but without Tolkien then who knows where fantasy would be today. As Hugh Neutron said, you can't beat the classics.

Just because something is a classic doesn't make it BETTER. The Beatles were not as good as many bands that have come out since then, even if they do owe a lot to them.

Things always (well, hopefully) improve over time. It doesn't lessen the impact of the earlier greats when a newer one can just do more.

That said, I personally think each game is better than the other at different things.

-VG-
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
Last edited by VideoGeemer on Jan 31, 2016, 11:35:12 PM

Nobody found their own items in D2, they just traded for them since it was so easy to dupe everything.

Edit - Somehow quoted wrong person so just removed quote
Last edited by EnderCN on Feb 1, 2016, 11:33:16 AM
PoE is better than a 16 year old game. Good Job GGG.

It's kinda funny to see Diablo hate on PoE forum as well. Considering DEVs in this game said PoE is heavily inspired by Diablo 2 because how much they loved Diablo 2, and they wanted to design a Diablo 2 that goes by their own rules not blizzard's.

This means if there was no Diablo 2, PoE would be very unlikely to have ever been made in the first place.

The 2 games are not really comparable as Diablo 2 is like the daddy/mommy of PoE...

D2 back in it's time was "major success" where almost every computer gamers owns a copy and was playing it.

PoE is a great game but it's not a major hit like Diablo 2, there are very few gamers play or even heard of PoE. PoE is just one of the niche game that serves a very specific group of people. PoE is however fortunately blessed by the lack of good alternatives in it's category, as most games are moved to the more "instant gratification" playstyle PoE kinda stood the ground and kept the game grindy as fuck and barely acceptable to most people with "life".

PoE fulfills a small group of players right now, D2 was THE ARPG to play back in the days. They are not comparable.

Sorry if people gets offended when I call this game niche... because there's no better terms to describe PoE.

A major hit is something like Diablo 3 which was WILDLY criticized but it still didn't stop them from selling millions and millions of copies as well as millions of their expansion packs.

D3 is definitely financially more profitable than PoE by many many folds but that doesn't mean PoE isn't "better" than Diablo 3 (especially to PoE junkies that somehow still enjoy spending hundreds of hours ingame per week without a single drop of anything worthwhile).
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
I miss the "feel" of Diablo 2. It had a unique atmosphere other games in the genre don't have. The skills, the weapons, the spells, the armor, the charms, runes, jewels and gems. The varied monsters. Vendors having good items actually. Gambling being fun and quite profitable. Unique items being rare but not TOO rare. The feeling of progress and getting stronger. The challenge of greater difficultyies to play in. Crafting items in the cube. The awesome cut scenes. It all came together so nicely.

But now it's so dated. The tiny (unshared) stash with 1 tab. The 1 dimensional skills. The graphics. The "end game" which leaves much to be desired.

I wish that game could have been continually developed & added to over the years like POE is now.
"When you have a hammer, everything looks like a nail."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info