I have to say it...PoE is better then Diablo 2

Nah D2 is 100X better. at least in 2D items actually dropped. POE nothing drops for the common player only people who pay the most or stream get item drops worth more than 1C.
"
spawn10459 wrote:
Nah D2 is 100X better. at least in 2D items actually dropped. POE nothing drops for the common player only people who pay the most or stream get item drops worth more than 1C.

I must disagree I regularly get drops worth at least 2c and its not uncommon to get something like a tabula which is worth much more
I dont see any any key!
PoE is better because I dont feel like I have to resort to cheating in order to get uber loots.

Instead I just need to play A LOT and pray to my rngjesus shrine nightly.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
"
k1rage wrote:
"
I have to say it...The PS4 is better than the PS2.

Spoiler
If you need this one explained to you I have no time for you.

would it be odd if I disagreed with that statement at least in many ways lol

I still have both systems hooked up. :P

I think it makes my point sufficiently. 'Better' is something you can only earnestly apply to comparisons between contemporaries, not works separated by generations and with traceable lineage.

Now if we say 'better within its era', then D2 was a thousand times better in 2001 than PoE is within 2016. In every single meaningful way.

PoE will probably never be this era's 'D2' because this era has no desire for one. But looking at it broadly, what was D2 in 2000? It was a game so good that just about everyone was playing it, not just hardcore ARPG/RPG/hack and slash fans. Same with everything else Blizzard put out back then: we all played WC2 and SC1 not because we were RTS fans but because they were amazing games that happened to be accessible via a very familiar, popular gaming platform (Battle.net).

The gaming 'community' is much more spoiled for choice and fragmented now to have a 'D2' or a 'SC1'.

But if we mean 'PoE is a better ARPG than D2' (I just realised the OP confused then and than -- I must just mentally correct such foolishness these days), then yes. It is. Even if we discount the technical advances, there are some innovations in PoE that were drawn from sources that were around in D2's day, like the skill gem system cribbed from FFVII or the Skill tree cribbed from FFX. These are not traced from D2, obviously, which was much more traditional and staid in its skill setup. Item-wise, people tend to forget D2 had a bunch of low-level 'junk' because it almost never dropped at high end. If GGG had just had the foresight to control not just the lower threshold of loot table levels (you must be THIS tall to ride) but the upper as well (you're too old for this ride), everything would be different.

I'm sorry, this is becoming a speech.

you summed up my feelings perfectly your Excellency

I dont think any game will ever live up to the "feelings" that i got from playing D2, FF7, and others back in the day and those two in particular were very far ahead of their time.
I dont see any any key!
Comparing poe to d2 man you people must really be bored
I play a lot of arpgs and still play D2 quite a lot. Nothing offers the experience D2 does, not even my beloved TQ/GD which mechanically are probably the best arpgs made.

I don't expect there will be anything that offers that full package until we get something like it in the consumer VR space.
"
Comparing poe to d2 man you people must really be bored

Crazy fact: Some people actually like a healthy discussion about topics they're interested in.
"
spawn10459 wrote:
Nah D2 is 100X better. at least in 2D items actually dropped.

no they didn't

You would MF for hours without getting anything but a low-roll Bonesnap and a few Tal runes
had bots not finding a single decent item in an entire night except a 4s flail

In PoE you always get orbs and usable rares

actually I lied - good rares don't drop
Last edited by Jaille on Jan 30, 2016, 10:38:16 PM
D2 is probably the most overrated game in the history of gaming to be honest. It was an ok click fest with very ugly graphics and a really boring end game and just awful PvP. It was something different and I get why people liked it and it was even fun if you played the right mods, but the basic game just wasn't very good.

Pre expansion the game was downright bad to be honest. The expansion really lifted it.
Last edited by EnderCN on Jan 30, 2016, 11:41:59 PM
"
EnderCN wrote:
D2 is probably the most overrated game in the history of gaming to be honest. It was an ok click fest with very ugly graphics and a really boring end game and just awful PvP. It was something different and I get why people liked it and it was even fun if you played the right mods, but the basic game just wasn't very good.

Pre expansion the game was downright bad to be honest. The expansion really lifted it.

I never played it I was like 5 when it was out but I watched videos on YouTube and yeah it's hideous. Like worse than other games from that era.

D3 orginal release is my favorite loot finder of all time. Blasphemy in these parts but I loved the 5 min elite fights and must team up to beat anything and I actually liked AH
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 31, 2016, 12:42:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info