I have to say it...PoE is better then Diablo 2

D2 is generally being praised by the majority of ARPG fans. Its a fantastic game and is without a doubt the most influential topdown ARPG.
Extremely well made for its time, but I also think people are affected by nostalgia.
Everything felt new and magical back then. But to be fair PoE has borrowed alot from it and for the most part improved on it.

1. Better character building, a more complex talent tree, support gems, jewels and now the upcomming sub class system.
D2s talent tree was nice for its time, but it wasn't as amazing as many remember. Hell 2/3 of the pallys talents where Auras...

2. Better currancy. The orb system is great and really helps reducing inflation. Gold in D2 was kinda meh..

3. Better crafting. PoE has vendor recepies similar to the horadric cube.
Shitload of ways to craft stuff on items with orbs. You also got masters that can craft stats on items.
D2s had runes though, which was quite nice. Still I think PoE wins.

4. More content. PoE has gotten bigger and bigger over the years. In terms of acts they are quite similar. But PoE has gotten alot of other stuff that adds to the game.
Map system, corrupted areas, exiles, lock boxes, masters, hideouts, Div cards, Atziri, unique maps and just overall more loot.
It just gives you more to do in PoE.

5. Better combat. Im baffled when ARPG fans say that D2 is great but not PoE because it has "boring combat".
D2s combat was great for its time, but certainly isn't better then PoEs.
PoE is kinda dull at start but once you get some levels it makes the fighting far more enjoyable. faster phace, more skills, more ways to improve on your killing effectivness.

6. Less cheaters, harder to scam people, harder to ninja loot etc..

Don't get me wrong D2 will always be one of my fav games. A masterpeice for its time. But today, claiming D2 being more complete then PoE is simply not true.

But I got to admit D2 has cooler music and story.
yeah I went back and played D2 a while back and PoE is easily better
I dont see any any key!
You can't compare the two. They're from different eras, with different technologies. D2 was great in its time, and PoE is a great game today.

But saying one is "better" isn't a fair comparison.
No i dont think so. D2 for its era and limitations on computer and server technology was a feat unrivaled in an action rpg game.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
Yes, lets compare this game to a 15 year old game.
"
TheAshmaker wrote:
No i dont think so. D2 for its era and limitations on computer and server technology was a feat unrivaled in an action rpg game.

Not to mention I doubt PoE would exist as we know it without D2, and say what you want about Lord of the Rings but without Tolkien then who knows where fantasy would be today. As Hugh Neutron said, you can't beat the classics.
and Diablo 2 is better than Diablo 3
I would say D2 was better relative to its era but poe is a better game
I dont see any any key!
"
I have to say it...The PS4 is better than the PS2.

Spoiler
If you need this one explained to you I have no time for you.

would it be odd if I disagreed with that statement at least in many ways lol
I dont see any any key!
Path of Exile is a great game... but Diablo 2 was ground breaking for me back in the day when I was a young teenager, so I will always consider Diablo 2 my all-time favorite ARPG.

The short videos between the acts in the Diablo 2 + expansion were for me one of the greatest things about that game. I loved the gothic horror fantasy setting and the storyline videos just complimented the game so phenomenally well. They really had a lasting impact on me along with the game music. Loved it - get goosebumps just thinking about it again.
"The key to winning any fight is simply staying alive."
Last edited by WARPAINTER on Jan 30, 2016, 8:38:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info