Fresh install on new computer: stuck at checking ressources

Any help, been there for 45 min.
Have fun! And go buy my stuff...

Shops: 522765 / 1094567 / 1147014
Insufficient Vespene gas if I were to guess.
Having same problem....
im also having the same problem i cannot get passed checking resources please help! :C
Never thought this would be this difficult to get back into the game after a 3 year leave -_- now im never gonna be able to play because supposibly you have to buy a new harddrive :( and im playing on Laptop :(
I was able to play after installing it from steam. I don't know if this will help or not.
Did you try disabling all your antivirus/firewall/security software first?

Also, did you right-click and select "Run as Administrator"?

If this was an old install you were attempting to upgrade, did you try manually renaming/deleting the Content.ggpk file and trying the above steps again?

Also, when some people say they are "Stuck" at Checking Resources, they mean that they have been sitting at that for 5 minutes. That isn't "stuck". Some systems take longer than others due to many factors. If you've waited an hour and it is still sitting there, then it is more likely to be stuck.

But try what I suggested. Might help.
ok well i managed to download the files but get this it wont let me launch its stuck at 6.91GB/6.91GB
The most beautiful thing with "checking resources" BS is that it can go on for hours at the very beginning of install process, when content.ggpk is about 16Mb size... even if it is being installed on a ramdisk.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
The most beautiful thing with "checking resources" BS is that it can go on for hours at the very beginning of install process, when content.ggpk is about 16Mb size... even if it is being installed on a ramdisk.

"Checking Resources" is more than just what you have downloaded. It also has to queue all other downloads which requires it to check if the file exists or not. Each of these checks requires both a network hit as well as a disk hit to determine if the file needs to be queued or not. In some cases, the CDN you are routed to can be slow and cause issues with this network check... that and there are a LOT of files that need to be downloaded (especially on a new install).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info