POE Races = pure pay2win, has nothing to do with fun . PLS fix it

"
Arrowneous wrote:
Haven't raced in awhile but don't we get 1 point just for entering a race? If not then GGG should change that.

I think you need to reach a minimum level to get any points, but that's not new. But if you want to win a race, you need to be the fastest ... kind of the point of a race. :p
SSD wouldn't make a difference if you're already losing the race in the Twilight Strand. The area is already loaded when you start the race just like everybody else. Unless you're late. Like me. I was always entering a race at the last minute and sometimes was late.

The signature races are fixed seed. Same map for everybody. If you go the wrong way when when the map is revealed to you, it's your own fault.

But yeah, it's a race. It's not a participate.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Jan 30, 2016, 11:33:36 AM
"

I Spend time in the race, then died, and i dont even get 1 Point! How a casual player can get the 100 points to get the Whispering Ice Staff skin??
I Gues its not possible!

Hi.
Let me introduce myself: I am a casual player. I play a lot, but badly. I don't have the patience to not take risks, or the skill to take controlled risks and survive. I never ever won a limited point in a race (by which I mean the points that not everyone can get, like be the first to do whatever). And my computer is shit. Whenever I map in parties, I'm always the last one to start moving in the map, even though I'm very often the first one to click on the entrance portal.

And yet, I manage to get on average 6 points per hour in races, and get to 100 pretty easily (that's only 15 races or so).

How? I simply found an early-game build I like and know, and do the same thing every time. Archer, Split Arrow and then Lightning Arrow + Lesser Multiple Projectiles. Moving forward, not trying to kill everything but only large packs and magic/rare monsters. And not dying. That's all.

At first I was crap at it, but I got better with time.

Now, getting the higher rewards is completely out of reach for me. 200 points or more? That'd take either too much time, or too much skill. But that's fair, they are rewards, after all.

100 points? No sweat. For real.
Save a Carrot, Eat a Rabbit!
"
mark1030 wrote:
SSD wouldn't make a difference if you're already losing the race in the Twilight Strand. The area is already loaded when you start the race just like everybody else. Unless you're late. Like me. I was always entering a race at the last minute and sometimes was late.

The signature races are fixed seed. Same map for everybody. If you go the wrong way when when the map is revealed to you, it's your own fault.

Ok, so first zone (Strand) is preloaded so everyone starts equal and faster drive is not a factor. OP is complaining that he ran straight from start to town and skipped Hillock yet others were already there after taking time to kill Hillock. I can't see that as possible, just doesn't add up. Either he stopped to look in chests or something is seriously wrong and there is a client side speed cheat that GGG can't detect.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Or... he's some kid looking to complain that he's not being rewarded for participating.
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:

Ok, so first zone (Strand) is preloaded so everyone starts equal and faster drive is not a factor. OP is complaining that he ran straight from start to town and skipped Hillock yet others were already there after taking time to kill Hillock. I can't see that as possible, just doesn't add up. Either he stopped to look in chests or something is seriously wrong and there is a client side speed cheat that GGG can't detect.
A client side cheat that gives you movespeed on the server? Come on. There is no client side cheat in this game that can affect the server. That's why they make this an online only game.

You are right. It doesn't add up. But the probelm isn't cheating. It's knowing the game. Turn off autoequip so you don't accidentally pick up a chest or shield and lower your movespeed. Don't kill anything until you get to hillock. when you get to town check Tarkleigh for movespeed boots. The people who do well in races know the tricks and have their build down pat so they can allocate skill points as they move instead of stopping and thinking.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
Mivo wrote:
"
They should change the complete Race feature that ANYONE who join the event and have some skill get some points. and not the fastes..

It's a race.

That's racist!

Sorry, I'll show myself out now...
PoE needs better social features... and more cats!
SSD's cost almost nothing nowadays. If you don't have an SSD it's because you're either incredibly cheap or incredibly poor. Buy a $25 32GB SSD and put nothing but PoE on it and stop complaining. CPU has little if any effect on load times as long as you aren't on something extremely old like Pentium 4 that is bottlenecking your SSD.

Doesn't sound like P2W to me at all.
Last edited by MapRef41N93W on Jan 30, 2016, 1:06:04 PM
People fall the most obvious trolls these days
Lol
SeoHyun (www.twitch.tv/Awkamess)
My racing guides for S11:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15DtU8a7ruzt_q7x51pS6lG4QOl_XxAmcdP6RU-61qUU

"Terrex is irrelevant." ~Lonestar420 2015

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info