High Tier map dropps reduced?

Semples and statistics don't matter , GGG changes drop rates on the fly they already confirmed tweaking the Chaos orbs drops rates during leagues .

What I'm saying is , RNG has nothing to do with map drops or anything else in this game .
R.I.P 4.B.
Can we please stop having these shit posts? Every couple days there are the exact same threads. It begins with "omg are maps drops buffed?", then proceeds to show how many maps they got. Then the following day is the exact opposite, "did GGG reduce map drops?!". In case people forget map drops are 100% random, with the only exception of the quantity map bonus affecting them. Good god people.
"
eXecut1on wrote:

Lol, I remember you, aren't you that fanboy defending everything that GGG does?

Nope, I'm a fanboy of defending good statistics and the scientific method in general. I have nothing for or against GGG at the moment on this topic. But I very much have something against people who have no clue about maths and claim random things about drop rates.
Save a Carrot, Eat a Rabbit!
If I had the night shift at GGG, guess what I would do - fuck around with the RNG just to see these threads. I might just adjust the RNG for one person for the hell of it. Who wouldn't do this?

I want this dude to get a Headhunter and shit his pants - done.
I feel like this guy needs to not find a single wisdom scroll for 4 hours and go insane - done.
Maybe I like Shagsbeard, so I drop him a mirror which he won't use - done.
I want I_NO to find three exalts under this rock - done.
Charan will now find four Crown of Thorns in an instance - done;)

GGG, hire me. Do you guys have pensions?
Last edited by robertredberry on Feb 10, 2016, 5:09:23 AM
"
Mischief67 wrote:
No you're not crazy.

Yes they did reduced it from T9 onward.

RNG = statistics with a big enough sample.

Yes I play enough to be in the standard deviation and not in a 5 maps crap sample.

Yes since it's a standard deviation some of us may still be more or less "lucky". Still as the sample size increase the statistic get more accurate and respects the average.

Yes GGG changes drop rates of ANYTHING as they please without telling us.

Man you probably believe in aliens eh?
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Mischief67 wrote:

Yes I play enough to be in the standard deviation

[ ] You clearly understand statistics
You know whats odd to me... i normally since 2.0 have had terrible luck with map drops to the point sometimes getting a T9+ feels special. NOT Higher tier T12+. Yet this league ive had some of the best mapping ive had in a 3 leagues now and i only changed one thing....

I quit giving a shit about mapping! I just put MF or whatever on my main build that was overlvled for the lower map content and went for currency and drops. Funny enough ive made it up to T12 this time (Found 1 so far) and thats with me not really giving a shit and just mapping for drops.

Maps are VERY fickle. Sometimes i can go all out and put sac frags, domination, aids mods, vall orbs and see nothing... Ive also put in unid MAGIC maps and come out with 6-8 maps with over half of them the same lvl or higher and the boss dropping
+2. Thats why ive kinda figured out if you approach mapping with the idea of climbing and sustaining a certain tier.. Chances are your about to be in for disappointment. Now i just map the maps i enjoy from the highest tier i have as i go and in between run other mid tier maps that i like as well as lower maps that are UNID and easy on a MF build. Not only have i slowly worked my way up in maps across 2 builds but ive walked away with some nice returns to fund the higher maps i do get.

Not saying mapping is fine im just saying to approach and attitude towards mapping can make alot of difference. And mapping really is all about the more you do the more you will end up with.
Ive run a COC build and an RF+ED build this league and both have decent clearspeed and can chew through maps quite fast. So ive done so many maps at this point im able to vendor up 3:1 maps all the time which also helps.. not much but it helps.

Point is when people say you need to run more maps im finding this is actually true... If you are not mapping enough to entirely fill multiple tabs completely to the brim with maps to the point you are forced to 3:1 vendor them up (or sale them in bundles) then you are simply not running enough maps.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Feb 10, 2016, 5:27:08 AM
You have to be really gullible or bad at math if you think any drop rate change can be felt at all by any one player.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 5:32:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info