High Tier map dropps reduced?

"
Mentoya wrote:
I'm only playing Standard at the moment, and what I do is very time consuming, but I'm going to test it to see how long it will work for.

. I currently have 1 FULL tab of T1 maps, 1 FULL tab of T2 maps and nearing a FULL tab of T3 maps. My goal is to have a tab full of maps(144 maps)for each tier all the way up to T13ish. Once my T3 is full, then I will run T3 maps until I get a full tab of T4 and then run T4 until I get a full tab of T5 etc....I realize it will get much harder the higher I go up the Tiers, , but I love my Blast Rain Frenzy build so much, that running low level maps over and over is not work, it's fun!! Of course I alch every single map which allows for multiple map drops per map usually.

Of course if you aren't having lots of fun with your build and hate running the same maps over and over again, I'd avoid this method ;)

did it. don't work well for me. stuck at T6-7. Tabs of map done.
"
Tom1989 wrote:
"
Mentoya wrote:
I'm only playing Standard at the moment, and what I do is very time consuming, but I'm going to test it to see how long it will work for.

. I currently have 1 FULL tab of T1 maps, 1 FULL tab of T2 maps and nearing a FULL tab of T3 maps. My goal is to have a tab full of maps(144 maps)for each tier all the way up to T13ish. Once my T3 is full, then I will run T3 maps until I get a full tab of T4 and then run T4 until I get a full tab of T5 etc....I realize it will get much harder the higher I go up the Tiers, , but I love my Blast Rain Frenzy build so much, that running low level maps over and over is not work, it's fun!! Of course I alch every single map which allows for multiple map drops per map usually.

Of course if you aren't having lots of fun with your build and hate running the same maps over and over again, I'd avoid this method ;)

did it. don't work well for me. stuck at T6-7. Tabs of map done.

I think it depends on how much pain you are wanting to put yourself though :). For example if I get stuck at T6/T7, I'll just go back a Tier or two, because we know that lower then that T6, maps are much more plentiful. Plus there's always the map vendor recipe. So if I had a whole tab of T5 for example and that's all I'm getting is T5 or lower, I'd replenish my T5 by using T4 vendor recipe and then also use T5 vendor recipe to get T6 maps.... I think alching every single maps(and chiseling some) is the only way it would work though since I usually double my map drops compared to running them blue.
Just roll your maps, haven't had to buy any this league at all

They seem to be dropping fine... (Feb 1)

Seems fine (Feb 2)

Still fine today... (Feb 3)

Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
Last edited by StDrakeX on Feb 2, 2016, 4:48:16 PM
"
I've some slight suspicions that OP might be on to something real. RNG is streaky, but some days it becomes awfully weird... Once I saw a buddy run maps, going from t12 to t15, and knowing his style of mapping, he ran these based on what dropped from each map he ran. I was running low map MF, but once I saw he could get up t15's I switched to proper mapping char and started running t14's. After 6-7 maps I was down one t14 and up several t12/t13/t15 maps.

Yeah, yeah, good rng blahblahblah, but sometimes the drops aren't "bad" or "normal" or "good"; they're just downright insane (solo running t14's while upkeeping and improving your pool is pretty much completely against what GGG wants to happen yanno?) or absolute trash, not getting any map drops, even low level ones, for ten or so maps straight.

Yeah. One day I couldn't find a damn wisdom scroll for hours. Another guy in the party had the same problem, apparently. Could a guy at GGG have fallen asleep on top of the "RNG" programming thingamajig? THE ANSWER IS A RESOUNDING YES. RIGHT CHARAN?
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 5:27:58 PM
I absolutely hate the 2 0 map system. Everything is working against us. Rogues and beyond can no longer drop maps, pack size was substantially reduced and you have to run really hard mods just to get pack size, bosses can only drop +2, cartos are more rare and can't be found in top tier maps. I think this was just a classic GGG overkill. Some changes could have been ok but this was too many.
"
jconaspree wrote:
I absolutely hate the 2 0 map system. Everything is working against us. Rogues and beyond can no longer drop maps, pack size was substantially reduced and you have to run really hard mods just to get pack size, bosses can only drop +2, cartos are more rare and can't be found in top tier maps. I think this was just a classic GGG overkill. Some changes could have been ok but this was too many.

Fully agree.
I have a 87, 84 and a 83 char in Talisman (SC). Not that it's spectacular but it's also not like I've been playing this game for 5 hours, right? I have found a couple of T11 maps. Not ONCE anything higher than that. I always run the hardest maps I have, I can run any map mod, I fully chisel, alch and sometimes even reroll for pack size. I often team with friends. Nothing matters. I have never seen a T12 map or higher.

I really, really wanted to do the challenges myself, you know? But the game just won't let me. Can't get the higher twinned challenge, can't get the lvl 80 Rigvald challenge, can't get the "kill these bosses" challenge.

I'm really reluctant to just buy these. Buying high lvl maps feels stupid, like buying an account with a high level char. I want to do it myself. Why won't you let me? :(

I really love this game. But this is the first time I'm starting to lose the fun playing. Make the bosses harder, that's fine. Make me feel like my char isn't strong enough, like I need 5 more levels to do that boss, like I can't do it alone, whatever. But at least let me TRY...
"
StDrakeX wrote:
Just roll your maps, haven't had to buy any this league at all

They seem to be dropping fine... (Feb 1)

Seems fine (Feb 2)

Still fine today... (Feb 3)

Read the second post of this thread:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1576006

... and stop telling people to learn how to roll maps, please. Thanks.

@Ulrira: Totally understand your feeling. I have the same problem, slightly higher maps, higher level characters. It kills the fun.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on Feb 6, 2016, 5:02:33 PM
Congratulations. You just won, in my opinion, the price for the most unhelpful and disrespectful post of the day.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info