Unable to patch

Hello,

Getting an error saying that patcher is unable to override executable with new executable, make sure PathOfExile is not running.

I've restarted computer and it's still having the same issue. I've read the sticky thread with a solution there to rename the .tmp file, but I do not have that .tmp file in my game folder.

Running pack check show no errors, though it does seem like the patch downloads to about 50%, then jumps to 100% instantly.

Thanks,

Last edited by EastofI on Jan 29, 2016, 11:46:07 AM
Hey there, could you please ensure the .exe/content.ggpk file is not read-only? Also, please try to run the game as an Administrator (right-click and hit "Run as an Administrator"). Please let us know if this doesn't work!
Contact us at support@grindinggear.com!
Neither file is read only. PathOfExile.tmp shows up as 12.8 mb, but the downloader only ever downloads 5.51 mb, and insta finishes the rest. The launcher then pops up with the error.

I was able to provisionally solve the problem, not sure if it will show up again after next patch, but I've not had trouble patching in the past.

Moved Content.ggpk into it's own folder
uninstalled POE through control panel
redownloaded installer
ran installer
inserted Content.ggpk back into GGG/POE folder
Launched through shortcut like always

Seems to be working fine now. Moving Content out saved me from having to D/L 7 GB of data.

Cheers,
Hey EastofI, the solution you have found was about to be my very next suggestion - you've beaten me to the punch! I'm very happy to hear that the problem has been resolved. Please feel free to contact us at support@grindinggear.com if you need any further assistance.
Contact us at support@grindinggear.com!
Last edited by Sarah on Jan 29, 2016, 4:51:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info