The new Ascendancy classes seem kind of bland compared to the others

"
raics wrote:
"
Jonmcdonald wrote:
The new Ascendancy classes seem kind of bland compared to the others.

Never fear, I'm quite sure the balance department is working around the clock in order to make the others equally bland :)

/upvote :)

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I love them, looks great!
IGN: Scordalia_
"
Vhlad wrote:
The totem one is quite weak, for totems. It's good for MOM and other things. But totemers are better off using other ascendancies.

Given how slow totem placement speed is, if you're placing more than 2 totems on 1 screen you're already way behind builds that clear the entire screen (and then some) in 1 hit.
The beauty is that you only have to place as many totems as you need and the damage penalty corresponds. Maybe I'm not thinking it out, but 4 totems against bosses could be better than 2. Or how about a support character? Use 1 or 2 damage totems when solo and when in a party have 1-4 auras on totems to help the party. For non Ancestral Bond characters, you could drop Wrath and Anger totems against bosses. Or Grace and Determination totems. Both of which would be nice against bosses and you would still do your normal damage from your main attack.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
Vhlad wrote:
The totem one is quite weak, for totems. It's good for MOM and other things. But totemers are better off using other ascendancies.

Given how slow totem placement speed is, if you're placing more than 2 totems on 1 screen you're already way behind builds that clear the entire screen (and then some) in 1 hit.
The beauty is that you only have to place as many totems as you need and the damage penalty corresponds. Maybe I'm not thinking it out, but 4 totems against bosses could be better than 2. Or how about a support character? Use 1 or 2 damage totems when solo and when in a party have 1-4 auras on totems to help the party. For non Ancestral Bond characters, you could drop Wrath and Anger totems against bosses. Or Grace and Determination totems. Both of which would be nice against bosses and you would still do your normal damage from your main attack.

I tend to agree the totem options seem endless, someone will find a way to it very powerful
I dont see any any key!
The extra two totems comes with a 10% less damage per totem.

Before: 2 x 100% = 200%
After: 4 x 60% = 240%.

Whee.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Whee.

yes but you can use extra totems without ancestral bond, it opens up many options
I dont see any any key!
After this I'm even more worried about Scion ascendancy. It's hard to imagine what abilities could her (single!)ascendancy include to actually be ob the level with all that cool shit made for other classes.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
I still wonder why would people like Berserker's savagery. In POE you either take no damage from a hit or you get 1 or 2 hit KO. Savagery will not save you even if GGG makes it 1000% increased leech.
"
k1rage wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Whee.

yes but you can use extra totems without ancestral bond, it opens up many options

Totemers can already use traps if they want to deal damage with ancestral bond (or even channel wither to buff 100% chaos totems). Heck, or even self-cast SRS.

What I mean is, in situations where 1 totem is sufficient damage other ascendancies are better, and in situations where 2 totems aren't killing a target instantly, there are other actions that the player can be doing to add damage. i.e., Comparing 2 totems (200%) + nothing vs 4 totems (240%) is not accurate, because during the time you take to place 2 additional totems the player can contribute 40% by, for example, throwing a bunch of fire/bear traps (or vaal lightning trap), channeling wither, cursing, generating charges, using warcries, summons or other upcoming tactical skills. And then you add the bonus from an alternative ascendancy on top of that (which is probably more than 200% -> 240% by itself; for example, inevitable judgement on crit shockwave totems with lots of different physical to elemental conversions/%addeds).

Outside of very niche things like totems that spam minion summons with minion instability vs. certain boss fights (i.e. SRS vs uber), totemers will be better off utilizing other ascendancies. I hope the last marauder ascendency actually has something appealing for end-game oriented totem min-maxers.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on Jan 28, 2016, 10:18:05 PM
Unique flasks in this game right now are the most OP shit ever.

Pathfinder is the most OP shit ever. Like, beyond Assassin.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info