Shield block question

"
DaveSW wrote:
If I have a 30% chance to block, does that mean that every single attack directed against me has a 30% chance to miss?
No, it means every attack that hits you (i.e. does not miss) you has a 30% chance to be blocked, thus preventing damage. Blocking is not missing - a blocked hit is still a hit, but it will do no damage, and the attacker's on-hit effects are prevented. Notably, yours are not - spiked shields, which reflect flat damage will hit, will do so when they block, as well as for unblocked hits (as of 0.10.1).
"
Monsterjudge wrote:
however, once you block an attack there is a short delay in which you can not block another attack, that is where + block recovery % passives and items come into play, they reduce that 'recovery' time between blocked attacks.
This is not true. You can always block if you have block chance.

If you block a hit that would have stunned you, you still take the stun (playing a block animation instead of a stun animation). Block recovery increases reduce the time of that animation/stun. You can still block while stunned.
Blocking a hit that would not stun you, will never play an animation - this ensure blocking is never bad for you (as playing an animation would interrupt your current action, thus effectively apply stun to hits that otherwise wouldn't stun).
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Feb 17, 2013, 4:03:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info