HLD Tournaments ~ On hold for now !

Hello PvPers,

Welcome to the HLD tournaments & events thread, this page focuses on bringing more competition in the scene and have excitement for the whole community by having user generated tournaments to test your build in.

Join the fun !

How the tournaments work:

Tournaments can vary between single, double elimination or swiss. A set number of places will be decided for each tournament. Brackets are randomly generated and you can view tournaments list and specifications on the second post of this thread.

Single & Double elimination bracket exemples:

SingleElimination
You fight an opponent and the first to win 2 matches advances to the next bracket.

DoubleElimination
Same system as single elimination, you fight an opponent in first to 2 wins but there is an extra elimination bracket for losers, hence double elimination.

Swiss
This tournament type consists of 5 rounds, you are matched against a random opponent each round for 1 match. Each match won is 2 points, draw between players is 1 point each. At the end of the tournament we will determine winners with points.

You can sign up for a tournament by clicking on the register link in the tournament thread. Feel free to pm me or reply to this thread if you want.

* I suggest you make a challonge.com account to make it easier.

You are allowed to go into your stash to change something between each match, you can also bring swaps in your inventory but this is at your own risk.

When a tournament starts, everyone must be joining global /1337 and gather up at my hideout. This way we can see how many players we have when the tournament starts and adjust accordingly.

If you are willing to sign up for an open tournament feel free to contact me either ingame, on forum pm or on this thread directly.

Tournaments will be closed for registration 1 hour before it begins, allowing me to generate the final brackets so we can start as soon as possible. The final brackets will be generated and posted soon before the tournament starts, so everyone can see their matchup and get ready.

You are only allowed to play with one character and you need to let me know which one you will use for the tournament.

Expect that tournaments can last more than 2 hours long depending on matchups and how many players are competing, you can leave once you get eliminated but feel free to continue watching.

During the tournaments i will update each match in my ingame status and in /global 1337 so you can keep track of what is going on. You can also keep track of the tournament on challonge.com/(TournamentID).

Each match will be spectated by me 1 by 1.

You are allowed to concede before a match, letting your opponent advance.

If you don't show up for your match when the time comes within 6 minutes your opponent wins by default.

How events work:

Events are easy and fast, as soon as there is enough PvPers online we will try to organize 2v2s, 3v3s or even 6v6s and capture the flag depending on how many players we have.

You can join our events by adding me ingame and ill let you know if you are online when there is one happening. You can also join /global 1337 to communicate with PvPers and organize matches !

Feel free to make your own events !

Rewards:

For each tournament there will be an open donation to whoever is willing to contribute into final prizes for each tournament, i will myself donate in each to make things more interesting. Keep in mind that you arent obligated to donate but it's always welcome and i'm sure many of us will !

Prizes will be seperated accordingly between winners.

When are these happening:

The tournaments will mostly occur during weekends with different timings depending on the participants availability. I will try to host them when most of us are online, doing them during the week would be too hard for everyone to be there at the same time.

The upcoming tournaments will be shown in the title and in the second post of this thread, each tournament will be listed in it and edited accordingly, this way we can keep track of our older tournaments.

Tournaments will be recorded or streamed whenever possible.

Events can happen at any time depending on who is online, i will try to make as many as i can, i suggest you do the same !

Tournaments rankings:

Once you participated atleast once in a tournament your name will be displayed in the ranking list with a small sheet displaying what you have won.

You can see the rankings in the second post.

If you wish to have a more detailed sheet PM me about it, http://poedb.tw/us/item-generator.php is used to make these.

Build Ban:

Buids focusing on being unkillable with very high regen or block will not be elligible for tournaments, this has been decided between the whole community to keep matchups interesting. We believe these types of builds dont reflect competitive play and most players do not want to fight such build. Generally these builds do almost no damage and as a result most matches will end in a draw, which is really not desirable for a tournament environnement. ( Exemple: Full L-Aegis ci block )

Laws:

Intentional troll draws will result in a warning.

Any sort of harrassing, bad manners or attidude will result in a warning.

Intended loss, disconnect or match restart will result in a warning.

First warning = ban from the current tournament
Second warning = ban from two tournaments
Third warning = ban from all tournaments.

I'am currently seeking for another experienced Pvper to take the lead with me on organizing these events, as well as making tournaments because i might not be available all the time to host and record these. If you are willing to help me feel free to contact me about it !

Suggestions are always welcome, Let's have fun !

IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Apr 12, 2016, 7:32:33 AM

Tournaments

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CLOSED TOURNAMENTS

Tournament#1

Prizes

Feel free to donate to gather more prizes !

Donators: Hauntworld, Markusz, Sixpacks , Subwooper, Mullaxul

Participants

- Hauntworld1
- Márkusz

- Dublicious
- Celewiel
- MullaXul
- SixPacks
- Runawayfixer
- Monstacookie
- Mustachepredator
- Johnnova
- Trav_Dawg

Brackets
Will be displayed soon before tournament

* Gold = Winner of final match
* Silver = Loser of final match
* Bronze = Last of losers bracket match

Rules

First to 2 wins system.

Matches will be spectated by me and done 1 by 1.

No cheating, intended disconnects, intended loss or restart of an already started match will be allowed.

You are allowed to concede before a match.

If you dont show up for your match within 6 minutes when time comes your opponent will win by default.

Winners

Gold winner : TexasIsFucked

Silver winner : Cookie

Bronze winner : Markusz

Video
https://youtu.be/mY3nF7uDs4Q

Credits to markusz for recording !

Tournament#2

Prizes

Donators: Hauntworld, Mustachepredator, Markusz

Participants

- Hauntworld1
- Lapiz
- Markusz
- Ahfack
- kuan
- Pamela_Anderson
- Cookie

Brackets

* Gold = Winner of final match
* Silver = Loser of final match
* Bronze = Last of losers bracket

Rules

First to 2 wins system.

Double elimination.

No cheating, intended disconnects, intended loss or restart of an already started match will be allowed.

If you dont show up for your match within 6 minutes when time comes your opponent will win by default.

Winners

Gold winner : Pamela_Anderson

Silver winner : Lapiz

Bronze winner : Markusz

Video

https://youtu.be/UnilsUZo-nE

Credits to Markusz for recording !

Tournament#3

Click here to sign up ! -->http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/EioOGjpSN6

Or you can pm and reply to this thread.

Prizes

Donators: Pamela

Participants

Brackets&Infos
Tournament Results :

Results are displayed LIVE on this page when tournament is started

* Gold = 1st highest score
* Silver = 2nd highest score
* Bronze = 3rd highest score

Rules

1v1 swiss

2 points per match win
1 point per match tie

Winners

Gold winner : John

Silver winner : Markusz

Bronze winner : Texas

Video

https://youtu.be/eHHZkpxafHU

Credits to Markusz for recording !

Tournament#4

Click here to sign up ! -->http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/DzBg3jjIac

Or simply contact me in the thread !

Prizes

Donators: Hauntworld

Participants

Hauntworld
Ahfack
Markusz
Runaway
Mulla
Stefan
Mullaxul
TexasIsFucked

Informations

You can sign up for this tournament by checking in on : http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/DzBg3jjIac

Or by contacting me directly on the thread or via private message.

Results are displayed LIVE on the provided link below when tournament starts.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1v1 Swiss tournament

3 rounds, you fight 1 different opponent each round for 2 consecutive match.

1 match won = 2 points
Tie between players = 1.5 points each ( If both players win a match )

Brackets : Brackets are displayed here http://challonge.com/HLDTournament4 once a certain number of participants is reached.

* Gold = 1st highest score
* Silver = 2nd highest score
* Bronze = 3rd highest score

Rules

Winners

Gold winner : TexasIsFucked ( Mustache )

Silver winner : Hauntworld

Bronze winner : Ahfack

Video

To be added !

Credits to Hauntworld for recording !

OPEN TOURNAMENTS

** ON HOLD UNTIL ASCENDANCY **

Rankings

If you want to have a customized ranking image feel free to create it using http://poedb.tw/us/item-generator.php and send me the image.

Hauntworld

Markusz

Dublicious

Celewiel

Mullaxul

Trav_Dawg

Sixpacks

Runawayfixer

Monstacookie

Mustachepredator

Johnnova

Ahfack

Pamela_Anderson

Lapiz

Last edited by hauntworld1 on Feb 27, 2016, 9:02:22 PM
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Feb 1, 2016, 6:33:51 PM
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Feb 8, 2016, 9:45:25 PM
Last edited by MullaXul on Feb 1, 2016, 6:33:59 PM
"
MullaXul wrote:
I'll join then

Yes my offhand EA is honestly very fair, sure everyone will agree. When they see me pull it out.

Nice !

I added u to the list, hopefully we get enough before 31 arrives, i can lower the places to 6 if needed.
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Jan 27, 2016, 5:13:41 PM
Great idea man. So if this gets some steam I'm happy to donate currency to increase the prize pool. I will say that most of the HLD pvpers are pretty well off so not sure how enticing this will be for them.

I'd actually suggest having two tiers in the PVP tournament:

Tier 1: These are guys like Haunt and Mulla who have been in the PvP scene for a while or anyone who has a high enough PvP rating (I know pvp rating means shit but its a way to include more higher tier duelers and you do need some sort of minimum floor).

Tier 2: Guys who are interested in PvP but don't have the gear or experience to compete effectively at the high end - let's be real you don't want to be playing someone you can 1 shot anyway. The winner or top 3 Tier 2 guys will eventually be moved into the Tier 1. There will be a good prize pool for these Tier 2 guys (I'm thinking multiple exalts) so winners will get more currency to get better gear and become more HLD competitive.

--------------

My rationale for this is to (1) get more people outside of the core PvP base excited, and (2) help lower tier players close the gear gap because as we know gear is a big roadblock for many players to get into PvP

Not sure if any of you have played League of Legends, but there is a defined tiering system (Silver -> Gold -> Plat -> Diamond, and so forth). In reality it would be great to segment Poe PvP in a similar manner but we don't have enough players nor GGG's backing yet, so a Tier 1 and 2 could be a good start. This way Tier 2 players can feel competitive, have fun, and can be incentivized to get better.

--------------

Why BO2 vs. the traditional BO7?

Unfortunately I probably won't be able to sign up as I've respecced to PvE for a bit. I should come back to PvP soon though.
"
Aiur wrote:
Great idea man. So if this gets some steam I'm happy to donate currency to increase the prize pool. I will say that most of the HLD pvpers are pretty well off so not sure how enticing this will be for them.

I'd actually suggest having two tiers in the PVP tournament:

Tier 1: These are guys like Haunt and Mulla who have been in the PvP scene for a while or anyone who has a high enough PvP rating (I know pvp rating means shit but its a way to include more higher tier duelers and you do need some sort of minimum floor).

Tier 2: Guys who are interested in PvP but don't have the gear or experience to compete effectively at the high end - let's be real you don't want to be playing someone you can 1 shot anyway. The winner or top 3 Tier 2 guys will eventually be moved into the Tier 1. There will be a good prize pool for these Tier 2 guys (I'm thinking multiple exalts) so winners will get more currency to get better gear and become more HLD competitive.

--------------

My rationale for this is to (1) get more people outside of the core PvP base excited, and (2) help lower tier players close the gear gap because as we know gear is a big roadblock for many players to get into PvP

Not sure if any of you have played League of Legends, but there is a defined tiering system (Silver -> Gold -> Plat -> Diamond, and so forth). In reality it would be great to segment Poe PvP in a similar manner but we don't have enough players nor GGG's backing yet, so a Tier 1 and 2 could be a good start. This way Tier 2 players can feel competitive, have fun, and can be incentivized to get better.

--------------

Why BO2 vs. the traditional BO7?

Unfortunately I probably won't be able to sign up as I've respecced to PvE for a bit. I should come back to PvP soon though.

You have a point about 2 potential tiers. I'd disregard the gear comparison though because it's not as big a factor as you'd think. Build/tree/crit can decide a match way before gear becomes a factor. I agree with your point regarding experienced players versus non experienced ones though. It would be cool for those wanting to PvP just not in the most competitive end to have a tournament of their own. Maybe Haunt could host it or someone else would take the liberties. This does get more people involved and that's a good thing.
Last edited by MullaXul on Jan 27, 2016, 6:14:16 PM
I added tiers to the tournaments, we will start with a tier 1 obviously.

About why not Bo7 is because the tournament would last way too long but i adjusted it to Bo4 to make it last a bit longer.

Someone could for exemple take the lead on hosting Tier 2 tournaments, it might be harder to get participations but it's certainly a way to get more people involved in the end !

Spread the word guys !

EDIT : 4 out 8 places taken for this weekd tournament !
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Jan 27, 2016, 9:02:37 PM
You don't need prizes/entry fees. That's just a further barrier to welcoming new player. Just set up a thread that you will maintain that is organized by tournament date and winners get to submit a 600x400 "victory picture." Sorry for polluting the thread.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info