Spark : We reached another level of stupidity

I wasn't talking about builds, I was talking about retarded use of game mechanics leaving (almost) no chance to everyone else in a very frustrating way (EA secondary damage wall spam and Spark arena fill).
In talisman eu the spark situation already got out of hand imo. It only needed one spark player who was ahead of the progression curve and who took pleasure from griefing others, to kill sarn arena for most everyone else. Just systematically come back every few minutes, kill everyone and interrupt all other fighting going on till arena is dead, leave for a map, rinse, repeat. It's not new behaviour though, I remember flicker strike before torment being worse than spark is now in temp league sarn arenas.

When there's an overpowered spammy skill, all it takes is 1 griefer to kill sarn arena for a multitude of people.
"
lapiz wrote:
"
IceDeal wrote:
"
Aiur wrote:
The other drawback is that is pretty f'king annoying and could decrease interest in the PvP scene if this becomes out of hand. I personally will be speccing out of spark soon.

it's nice to see someone realizing this at the difference of most EA users who never admitted it.

Even after receiving the crazy buffs, spark is nothing compared to EA at the moment.. Bis geared spark would never beat a few hundred ex+ EA. EA "counters" every single build at the moment ;<

The difference is you can mitigate spark damage in gazillion ways whereas you cant even properly go immortal tank with legacy aegis vs EA..

I disagree a little. I think spark is maybe the one build that can give EA a run for its money. It's two stupid builds vs. each other.
"
Aiur wrote:

I disagree a little. I think spark is maybe the one build that can give EA a run for its money. It's two stupid builds vs. each other.

If you're facing the proper EA players, it's gonna suck. Sparker is very strong, but EA is still the ultimate cancer. Closest I've seen give EA a run for its money was LA, which is just another fucking bow build.

I'm personally retiring my sparker for PvP. I'm likely to avoid PvP for a long while too, I got my fill and other than the occasional few minutes in the arena, it's not fun.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
"
Aiur wrote:
"
lapiz wrote:

Even after receiving the crazy buffs, spark is nothing compared to EA at the moment.. Bis geared spark would never beat a few hundred ex+ EA. EA "counters" every single build at the moment ;<

The difference is you can mitigate spark damage in gazillion ways whereas you cant even properly go immortal tank with legacy aegis vs EA..

Lib is the only good EA geared and playing atm, bitchslapped was the other similar one but he sort of quit before the spark buffs..

Currently other EAs dont really showcase what you can do with the skill..

Spark doesnt stand a chance against a good EA :/
Yea, Spark doesn't even begin to match how awful EA can be, even with low-end builds.

Can't spell "easy" without "EA", after all.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
"
lapiz wrote:
"
Aiur wrote:
"
lapiz wrote:

Lib is the only good EA geared and playing atm, bitchslapped was the other similar one but he sort of quit before the spark buffs..

Currently other EAs dont really showcase what you can do with the skill..

Spark doesnt stand a chance against a good EA :/

This turned out to be very true lapiz.

Here is a video from the tournament we had, me against texasisfucked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY3nF7uDs4Q&t=1h26m41s

He had proper swaps against me, chill, enfeeble, temp chains, deceiver, avenger flasks (including topaz?), Saffell's frame, and possibly Unyielding passive. He didn't even use conversion talisman for sure, because his character is in hardcore league.

From my part, my build stacked too much ES (had around 12k), I have 2 green sockets to counter block and frost wall at the same time if needed, so I didn't have socket for faster casting. I tried more proj speed setup with wind of change, and increased duration gem, and also legacy malis, empower. I had around 40-60k tooltip, which can still melt some people without good swaps.

Still I'm not saying Spark is good as is, I'm with my previous opinion that proj speed and/or duration could be capped in pvp, but the damage is fine imo.

I feel Spark counters non-regen energy shield builds pretty badly if the opponent can't recharge his ES, which happens almost all arenas, but life based builds are in a much better shape against it.
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
"
Márkusz wrote:

Here is a video from the tournament we had, me against texasisfucked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY3nF7uDs4Q&t=1h26m41s

He had proper swaps against me, chill, enfeeble, temp chains, deceiver, avenger flasks (including topaz?), Saffell's frame, and possibly Unyielding passive. He didn't even use conversion talisman for sure, because his character is in hardcore league.

From my part, my build stacked too much ES (had around 12k), I have 2 green sockets to counter block and frost wall at the same time if needed, so I didn't have socket for faster casting. I tried more proj speed setup with wind of change, and increased duration gem, and also legacy malis, empower. I had around 40-60k tooltip, which can still melt some people without good swaps.

Still I'm not saying Spark is good as is, I'm with my previous opinion that proj speed and/or duration could be capped in pvp, but the damage is fine imo.

I feel Spark counters non-regen energy shield builds pretty badly if the opponent can't recharge his ES, which happens almost all arenas, but life based builds are in a much better shape against it.

I think you have too much ES and not enough DPS - as a spark user you shouldn't be getting hit a lot anyway. Not sure what your X-Y dmg is but to kill guys like Texas you need closer to 100K tooltip; I'm not in front of my computer but my Y was reaching around 11.5K per spark and this is with projectile and duration.

Another thing that's helpful is a lvl 20 assassin's mark to swap into, especially for deceiver/unyielding passives users. Makes a big difference in terms of killing potential.
"
Aiur wrote:
"
Márkusz wrote:

I think you have too much ES and not enough DPS - as a spark user you shouldn't be getting hit a lot anyway. Not sure what your X-Y dmg is but to kill guys like Texas you need closer to 100K tooltip; I'm not in front of my computer but my Y was reaching around 11.5K per spark and this is with projectile and duration.

Another thing that's helpful is a lvl 20 assassin's mark to swap into, especially for deceiver/unyielding passives users. Makes a big difference in terms of killing potential.

Yea, I will try more dps version, not sure what to pick, I have already the good nodes on tree I think.

I had ass mark in inventory, I forgot to swap it in >.> well it was kinda late.
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Some notion-worthy thoughts:

I dont think assmark is a good idea when opponent is already using all the crit counter things in the game..

Also texas wasnt even using a talisman and most importantly, he didnt use frost wall at all.. Add those and theres very little spark can do.

Its not like you would double your damage if you decided to go full dps and 8k ES
Last edited by lapiz on Feb 8, 2016, 6:38:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info