shield charge as main attack skill?

I was wondering whether one can make a decent build that uses shield charge as its main attack skill and I didn't find any in the build lists. Shield charge doesn't have any cool down, so you can cast it as often as you want. It only has 50% base damage, but then you get 200%-400% more damage with distance travelled, so it should balance out.
You would need a high damage one-hand weapon, and it probably still wouldn't be a top dps build, but with the guaranteed stun and presumably high block it should be very tanky. Anyone tried this?
Problem for Shield charge is the targeting.

There were some good Shield Charge builds created around burning proliferation, but this got nerfed to the ground and also Shield Charge got nerfed at that poin (so double nerf on some nieche build.

The original build idea was to use Added Fire, shield to convert phys to fire and Herald of Ash with Elemental Proliferation. So you were able to hit one target and usually instagip him - the over kill dmg got proliferated and killed the whole screen.

I think there were some videos where guy oneshot Piety Merciless :) All this was pre-Act4

Targeting still sux, as Shield Charge is "movement" skill, it is very mana heavy. I don't see potential to use SCharge as main skill.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Thanks for the info. Looks like I will have to think of something else I want to try.
I don't see why you can't do it. My buddy used the burning shield charge along with smoke mine to reset his position. he just charged over and over again. You get like 100% stun. You could just go physical with it. Melee splash would help w/ the targeting.
IGN: YeahCrit

My Guides
Dual Claw Molten Strike Ranger HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1178252
Elmo Fire Templar HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/93967
I have tested with my new char during speed leveling. It's actually not that horrible.
5L Shield Charge + Phys dmg + Melee Splash + faster attacks + increased AoE

With conc effect the dmg was kinda OK, but increased AoE helps with targeting. It acutally hits with the splash even if you don't hit he main target. This seems like an upgrade. Last time i tested it was during closed beta 2.0 .

Ele Prolif with Herald of Ash still works, but the dmg is just shitty. Maybe with increased Burning dmg or Vulnerability curse (i use warlords on blastphemy for mana maintenance).

Doable, but very nieche build i would say.

Not sure how well does Shield Charge in terms of scaling of weapon. FB seems to be a good choice.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info