Build feedback: Scion Essence Drain / Contagion

Hi guys, I'm looking for feedback on my Scion chaos-monkey build: Essence Drain / Contagion. Not very original, I know, but what can you do...

Here's what I've got now:

http://exilecraft.org/#AAAAAwAAA+4EswceCGcNfA5ID6sRLxGWE20UCRZvFr8YPBhWGGoabBzcHb4kiySqJogmlSj6KwotqDLRM4c26TlSOlg8BUVHRZ1JE0lRUq9TUlXGV8lYB1xAXfJfKl+wYeJn/G+edFV1nnaCgseDCYTFhTKHy4ngjxqPRo/6kx+TOpUumuCboZu1na6iAKcIp5usmK1KsZC00bVItzC31riTu029J76AwGbDOsgMykrPFdtZ3V/jauZY62Pr7u988NX31/no

I am going Eva / ES / MoM for my defences (no CI); it's not the best, but it does fit with the attribute nodes that I ended up taking.

And here are my skills/links:

* Contagion: + Void Manipulation + Controlled Destruction + Increased AoE. I mostly use it to spread ED, but it does a decent amount of damage by itself, in a pinch.

* Essence Drain: + Void Manipulation + Controlled Destruction + Faster Projectiles + Rapid Decay + Poison. I was lucky enough to self-find a 6L, so that's what I'm using.

* Wither: + Spell Totem + Faster Casting. Pretty simple.

* Curses: Vulnerability + Blasphemy, Temporal Chains + CwDT

* CwDT: Ice Wall + Temporal Chains + (still playing around with the slots)

* Other: Clarity, Arctic Armour, Chaos Golem, Flame Dash

My tactics in combat are to throw a Contagion with the Essence Drain / Wither chaser, then run like hell behind the ice walls which are surely popping up by then. Wait for everything to die, then keep walking.
I wouldn't use poison. I doesn't apply to the chaos dot (your main damage), only to the initial hit. As such you'ld be better off using slower projectiles or empower instead.

Spec out of Amplify. 10% increased aoe ain't worth investing 2 points and the aoe damage doesn't apply to the dot that is spread by contagion. Take Sniper instead.

Try to get enough manareg on gear so that you don't have to run clarity. It only lowers your free mana pool (and therefore the usefulness of mom). Carry a mana (or hybrid) flask to refill the mana pool quick if it gets depleted due to the mom mechanics.

Edit:
For party play i recommend using abyssal cry - void manipulation - increased aoe - poison instead of contagion (contagion - increased aoe without further supports is enough for solo play btw). With contagion you won't contribute anything to kill/clearspeed when in a party.
Last edited by Bada_Bing on Jan 27, 2016, 4:05:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info