Proximity Shield In PvP

What do you think about addition of Proximity shield which blocks %X amount of incoming ele damage out of sphere.

Only useful from melee range. thats how i tried to balance this skill: you deal no damage to out of sphere. this may benefit point blank barrage too, also to punish that, this''skill'' may be working as ''aura'' with reserved mana mechanic(also i dont want this skill to be used easily by BM EA builds and make them broken further), and sphere aoe is based on aura aoe nodes. 200 is base aoe. (correct me if im wrong 140 is the base melee range) so builds like mine cant use that either.

provide both constructive and deconstructive ideas guys. im interested for all.

this might be a good buff to melee in game. you may ask why only ele damage? i leave that to your imagination, i can list all the reasons for it when its needed.

this would force ranged builds to use more utility skills like, smoke mine + cwdt, to get more movespeed from tree, force them to use phys damage which is mitigable with armor or counterable with ic + cry.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Jan 25, 2016, 4:10:41 AM
From a technical standpoint, this can already be done, I've done it on my stupid summoner bitch, stupid_summoner_bitch, but really it's only if you have evangelists as specters, and it's still a bit iffy since they can, you know, die. I'm not sure what their shield counts as, but I imagine putting Increased Duration would make it last longer when they cast it.

Were it a skill, I feel like it'd be too good a combo for those immortibuilds that plagued Arena for like, a month or two. But I think what should be promoted is people moving more often. pvp's becoming a bit of a campfest, people just shooting offscreen hoping to hit shit, us icestormers painting the area with snow and lag. I think that if there was some sort of proxy shield thing, it should not work with duration nodes, and that it has a base of, say, 3 seconds, and when you stand still, the timer goes down at normal speed, but when moving it goes down a bit slower. There should be a downside to the skill, and I think maybe that'd be something like reservation cost or maybe increased phys damage taken, idk
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info