Map drop is NOT fine and it is killing the fun

"
SaiyanZ wrote:
"
Feins_ wrote:

nobody is talking about having the same access, what you probably define as "chaining" them. is it really so hard to get ? it is about seeing them at all. AT ALL. is that clear enough ?
OMG hopeless case...

You fool.

People do see them otherwise they wouldn't be on poe.trade or on videos. Even if the drop rate of T15 maps is 0.00001%, it is still better than a drop rate of zero like before.

You should stop now before your brain freezes.

You die a lot to Hakus missions? Desync, freezes or something else? You fool, nobody said you have to play it! If you die just dont do it and stop whining here. There were no masters before be glad they even exist

Exiles are too overpowered in a unique map? You die a lot? You fool, there was no this map before so stop crying already and just dont do this map.

What? Mortal Hope doesnt drop? You fool! Fooooooooool!! One drop out of 100500 rubs is better than no drop at all when there were no Atziri, so stop polluting our feedback forum
If I dont reply to you - I dont give a flying duck about your opinion

If you dont reply to me - I dont care either because I dont come back to see who replied to me
I would like to chime in by saying I have a lot of the same issues as the OP - being stuck on the mid-tier maps. For me, I have never gotten anything beyond T7 - and the only T7 I've done is the Mine map. People have told me "Just alch your maps." It doesn't work that way. You can alch your maps till you're blue in the face, but that doesn't necessarily mean you will get even a map of the next level up (in my case, that would be a T8 map.) People like the idea of challenging themselves. When I dropped that Mine map, I ran it almost immediately because I like the challenge, and I wanted to see if I had the "power" to survive. I only died once. Know why? Because being on T7 for the first time scared the living p*** out of me, and I played all careful - I didn't just rush through the map shooting at things like I do with T6 and below. I didn't even have the balls to transmute that map. And you know what? I actually enjoyed it. I want more moments like that. Even another T7 would do. :)
Last edited by MimSiE on Jan 23, 2016, 9:13:27 AM
"
MimSiE wrote:
I would like to chime in by saying I have a lot of the same issues as the OP - being stuck on the mid-tier maps. For me, I have never gotten anything beyond T7 - and the only T7 I've done is the Mine map. People have told me "Just alch your maps." It doesn't work that way. You can alch your maps till you're blue in the face, but that doesn't necessarily mean you will get even a map of the next level up (in my case, that would be a T8 map.) People like the idea of challenging themselves. When I dropped that Mine map, I ran it almost immediately because I like the challenge, and I wanted to see if I had the "power" to survive. I only died once. Know why? Because being on T7 for the first time scared the living p*** out of me, and I played all careful - I didn't just rush through the map shooting at things like I do with T6 and below. I didn't even have the balls to transmute that map. And you know what? I actually enjoyed it. I want more moments like that. Even another T7 would do. :)

I'm fairly confident you can get to and sustain t7 running white maps to get there. I'm playing less than 10 hours a week and I have 36 in my stash and probably ran about 20-30 this week.

Progress slower, don't just jump into your highest map and pray for good luck. Seek out pack size rolls, whichever your build can do. I'm sure there's guides out there that give more details. If you're struggling to get to t7-t9 it's a fundamental lack of knowing how to properly run maps.

Best advice is don't push it. Get the good exp from the lower maps while you can.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
map drops are not doing fine and need to be fixed
Yeah, I've been doing that with my Ranger. Problem is I got lucky on a +1 gem corrupt on a pair of Voidbringer gloves, so I got enough money to run a fairly decent RF build I've been working on for my Templar. I don't know when I'm going to be getting around to my ranger, short of just doing group Master daily missions with her.

I will do a Google search on map running tips though since I'll be running maps with this RF Templar before long. ZiggyD also has some pretty good tutorials, I'll see if he has any for running maps as well.
"
davidnn5 wrote:
Boem - you are only saying you are fine with the current approach. Exactly as I said to whatsisface - so what? You love it, therefore it's good? I love flossing my shoelaces. You should all do so too. Let me know when you start.

And let's be honest, all your's theeses' and th'e apostrophe's w'hich's a're in thes' wrong' places make you a bit bloody hard to read. Yes, that irrits me (using a shortened form, not a misplaced apostrophe), I won't lie. You're murdering my language. Please tell me yours so I can so the same. i'c'h e'in ges'talt ein gut'e'n aben.

Let's not keep throwing 'end game' around. End game gives off a mystique of the impenetrable and difficult last chapter of a game after which you've completed it and quit as the victor. No such thing exists in a game like this. In this MMO (yep, said that too), there's just content which is limited by luck and effort in trading. It's reasonable for people to want to try a Core boss, I think, at level 9X (and not being able to because randomness makes them understandably frustrated). But there will always be players translating that from others wanting to run ANY level 82 map (which are actually - xp-wise - level 78.9? or something from memory?) into wanting to chain run them all day. YES, I WANT TO RUN ONE CORE MAP THEREFORE I WANT TO RUN THEM ENDLESSLY ALL DAY.

These perspectives are fundamentally irreconcilable. Go ahead and love the system and lave it with your worshipful tongues. Some don't. And you can't change what I find fun, just as you can't change my (nor can I change your) religion, or hobbies.

Not really, i am saying that i am fine with any approach. If they make it easier, i won't be bothered at all.

If they make it harder, same story. However i do see the utility for GGG as a company with the current system in place.

Your only concern is yourself, for me, that's not the case. I would like to see GGG succeed and PoE to grow, if that means having a very punishing end-game then i can live with that in the knowledge it will keep the game afloat.

I'm dutch, dus amuseer je maar om men taal omzeep te halen, veel geluk?

You go and learn four language's, then come back to me and write them all effortlessly and without mistakes.
But rest assured, i won't make a big hassle if you do make any error's. Unlike you, i have realistic expectations. So i expect these forum boards to be filled with people from all over the world not all privy to an English education.

/tips-hat

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
"
davidnn5 wrote:
Boem - you are only saying you are fine with the current approach. Exactly as I said to whatsisface - so what? You love it, therefore it's good? I love flossing my shoelaces. You should all do so too. Let me know when you start.

And let's be honest, all your's theeses' and th'e apostrophe's w'hich's a're in thes' wrong' places make you a bit bloody hard to read. Yes, that irrits me (using a shortened form, not a misplaced apostrophe), I won't lie. You're murdering my language. Please tell me yours so I can so the same. i'c'h e'in ges'talt ein gut'e'n aben.

Let's not keep throwing 'end game' around. End game gives off a mystique of the impenetrable and difficult last chapter of a game after which you've completed it and quit as the victor. No such thing exists in a game like this. In this MMO (yep, said that too), there's just content which is limited by luck and effort in trading. It's reasonable for people to want to try a Core boss, I think, at level 9X (and not being able to because randomness makes them understandably frustrated). But there will always be players translating that from others wanting to run ANY level 82 map (which are actually - xp-wise - level 78.9? or something from memory?) into wanting to chain run them all day. YES, I WANT TO RUN ONE CORE MAP THEREFORE I WANT TO RUN THEM ENDLESSLY ALL DAY.

These perspectives are fundamentally irreconcilable. Go ahead and love the system and lave it with your worshipful tongues. Some don't. And you can't change what I find fun, just as you can't change my (nor can I change your) religion, or hobbies.

Not really, i am saying that i am fine with any approach. If they make it easier, i won't be bothered at all.

If they make it harder, same story. However i do see the utility for GGG as a company with the current system in place.

Your only concern is yourself, for me, that's not the case. I would like to see GGG succeed and PoE to grow, if that means having a very punishing end-game then i can live with that in the knowledge it will keep the game afloat.

If you would like to see them grow so much why no support?

I'm dutch, dus amuseer je maar om men taal omzeep te halen, veel geluk?

You go and learn four language's, then come back to me and write them all effortlessly and without mistakes.
But rest assured, i won't make a big hassle if you do make any error's. Unlike you, i have realistic expectations. So i expect these forum boards to be filled with people from all over the world not all privy to an English education.

/tips-hat

Peace,

-Boem-

^I Assume you fucked up a quote there.

What makes you think i have not contributed to PoE? A lot of old timers on these forums know that i have, but that i don't show my supporter tags because i think they hold no relevance to a discussion on a forum board.

My account isn't hidden, feel free to browse my level of epeen if it maters to you somehow.

It's a poor argument to question somebody's post based on support though.

Peace,

-Boem-
Ok Boem as you have said English is not your primary language so let me try and explain it to you one more time, I will do it step by step so that YOU can follow it, Please let me know if I need to break it down more for you.

Gating (this means locking)
content (this means maps or other virtual experiences in a game)
behind (i don't think you need help with this one)
RNG (Random Number Generation/or to decide what happens)
Does (enables)
NOT (again i don't think i need to clarify this for you)
equate (make things balanced)
to (self explanatory)
Any (self explanatory)
Skill (having to perform a set of actions to attain a desired result)
Needed (something which one must possess to have desired results)

Please let me know if you need more help understanding this concept?

And as far as wanting to see GGG grow as a company and give its player base more entertainment then they need to listen to the majority of their player base or they will only have a few left.

And other than maps here are just a few other examples of rng gating
Guild mate of mine runs Atziri for the first time ever this league and he drops a hope on his second run. I have done over 200 runs and never dropped one. Another guildmate has dropped quite a few and tends to drop one every dozen runs or so. I want to play a game that is progression based and doesn't make me feel like I need to win the lottery to do so. And while I am sure 200 runs (succesful ones) is a mere drop in the bucket to some of the playerbase and they probably run uber 2-3 times or more a day Great I am not looking for Hey player x dropped it so I want one too! I just want to have a concrete way to advance through the content that GGG has designed and wants people to experience and not have to rely on dumb luck.

Now for the argument that I could buy the mortal pieces and run said content. Yep I could! but not much different than just buying the item itself now is there? If you factor the time taken to farm the sac pieces, and actually run her - the profits from selling some stuff It wouldve been easier and cheaper to just farm the chaos in the docks doing turn ins all day and buy the items but That is about as much fun as photoshopping my toon to have that item.

Now for the it will ruin the market- ya ok search for the guy who had 19 headhunters for sale at the same time. meanwhile im at over 11k chances and not a single unique of any kind. YAY RNG is the way to go!
No longer relevant.

Poor moderating Sarah. Feel free to apply the code of conduct you so graciously linked to me.

Such bitter irony.

Peace,

-Boem-
Last edited by Boem on Jan 23, 2016, 6:53:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info