Metrosexual... Why?

"
Einkil wrote:

I personally just wear what is comfortable, which is normally jeans that are a little bit bigger and cover my ankles with a T-Shirt and a light jacket.

I can't grasp why people would wear uncomfortable clothes to anything other than a date or an interview.

I can understand why some do, I don't. I like the classics but I do like checking out the trends
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
TheWretch wrote:
bootcuts in 2016 eeew

Can't wait for them to be en vogue again. Not hiding sneakers like Nike Air Max Classics under your trousers in your 30s just looks ridiculous.
"
Einkil wrote:
"
Oh no, not hygiene.

Wut. How does hygiene have anything to do with this conversation?

I have no idea why people dress like that, but it's not my place to stop them. Just seems so uncomfortable...

Self-grooming is an attractive quality. Combine that with good style and you will garner success.

Even facially ugly people can seem attractive if they don't carry the pall of death or dress like they're heading to the chair.
"
"
Einkil wrote:
"
Oh no, not hygiene.

Wut. How does hygiene have anything to do with this conversation?

I have no idea why people dress like that, but it's not my place to stop them. Just seems so uncomfortable...

Self-grooming is an attractive quality. Combine that with good style and you will garner success.

Even facially ugly people can seem attractive if they don't carry the pall of death or dress like they're heading to the chair.

How does wearing tight "metrosexual" attire equate to "self-groomed". That's not a quality specific to the conversation at hand. Also, what do you mean by "success"? If you mean success in the job market, employers don't look for skinny jeans and tight-fitting shirts. They look for well-cut dress clothes with well-groomed facial hair if you have some. So yeah, I mean you're correct in the broad sense but I still don't understand where it comes into play with discussion on "metrosexual" attire.
Not my real account anymore, use it for forums while I work
You might also know me as "Thisisnotmyrealaccount" to which I forgot the E-mail for.
My real account is Einkil1, it's my steam account which is why I can't access it at work >.>
"
Sa_Re wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
bootcuts in 2016 eeew

Can't wait for them to be en vogue again. Not hiding sneakers like Nike Air Max Classics under your trousers in your 30s just looks ridiculous.

You hit the nail on the head. That's exactly why tapered and joggers are in right now. Sneakerheads want to show off their 300$ kicks

If you want a sneaker with a more toned down look that's not too athletic check out Marc McNairy's Oliberte stuff or even Common Projects makes some nice basic tennis shoes, for designer stuff its on the lower end price wise too so that's always a plus.

https://www.oliberte.com/men

http://www.commonprojects.com/index_man.html

E: Kinda AirMaxes? I like 90's personally, 95's are gaudy af but apparently super comfy. Assuming youre into shoes, I just got a pair of retro ASICS Gel-Lyte III's, they're amazing, fork tongue for less torsion, so cool

Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Jan 25, 2016, 12:17:42 AM
I haven't worn sneakers in I don't know how long... Vans count? LOL
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Whenever I see people purchasing shoes for that much I just think "why?". What functional purpose is there to buying a $300 over a pair of say $50 shoes? Hell I've never spent more than $30 on a pair of sneakers. The highest was steel-toed boots & that was like $70.
You might also know me as "Thisisnotmyrealaccount" to which I forgot the E-mail for.
My real account is Einkil1, it's my steam account which is why I can't access it at work >.>
"
Einkil wrote:
Whenever I see people purchasing shoes for that much I just think "why?". What functional purpose is there to buying a $300 over a pair of say $50 shoes? Hell I've never spent more than $30 on a pair of sneakers. The highest was steel-toed boots & that was like $70.

I buy things that are in the clearance section... There's an art to it.

1. Make sure it's a brand named item

2. Make sure it doesnt resemble last season

3. Make sure there only 2 left.

So when someone see's you with 300$ shoes you really purchased it for 80$

Rules:

Never buy it because of the name brand and don't assume Joe next door doesn't know.

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Jan 25, 2016, 4:48:33 PM
"
solwitch wrote:
"
Einkil wrote:

Rules:

Never buy it because of the name brand and don't assume Joe next door doesn't know.

But...why? What functional purpose is there? I just don't get it. I guess it's probably due to my upbringing. I guess because I consider it frivolous spending I just don't grasp why people do it.
Last edited by Einkil on Jan 25, 2016, 5:14:07 PM
"
Einkil wrote:
"
solwitch wrote:
"
Einkil wrote:

Rules:

But...why? What functional purpose is there? I just don't get it. I guess it's probably due to my upbringing. I guess because I consider it frivolous spending I just don't grasp why people do it.

Same logic goes into currency in videos games... Like why spend?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info