CwDT Auto Castig - Theorycrafting

I´m sure it´s not possible to selfstun with Heartbound or Scolds, because this was a bug and GGG fix it.
"
Doesn't really matter imho. You still need to regenerate these 528 damage (~2200 damage per sec)

You misscalculate it. With my variant i take only 720dps not 2200dps, so u can easy regenerate against the dmg (but havn´t so much dps for cwdt)
Last edited by Grothgerek on Jan 21, 2016, 2:10:14 PM
Problem is your dmg will just be too low with a low Level CWDT and with a lvl 20 you wont take enough dmg with Heartbound Loop. For a lvl 20+ you need Scolds Bridle and a high mana skill, probably a curse. For pack clearing it should be sustainable with Leech and Vaal Pact and for bosses you could just switch to VMS + Incinerate.
I post this variant only to Show thats possiblet to withstand the dmg without endless regeneration etc. (with 2200dps u die as low lvl very, very fast ^^)
it isn´t necessary to decrease the dps to a Minimum, but u can calculate it with 1-3 summon Skeletons and one cwdt gem.
1SS = 720, 2SS = 1440 and 3SS = 2160
"
kahzin wrote:

Fragile Bloom is what StrangeCloud used to sustain his CwDT Caster. But if you stack those up the increased damage taken gets to heavy. Keep in mind that this counts for Elemental Damage taken as well, which will most likly result in one shots in higher maps.

The other problem that you mentioned is quite a struggle indeed. At level 1 CwDT has a less damage modifier of 70%. Level 1 CwDT + 2x Apep's + Added Chaos + High Damage Effectiveness ist a nice idea, but will the damage be enough to deal with CwDT's 70% less damage?

i know its a suicide past low tier maps but if he goes full life nodes / str his life may be high enought to not get 1 shooted with all that increased damage taken, then again you can forget about doing the hard content.

alternative its the low life shavs + springleaf build with some realy bis ES items, that one can achive high base ES for fragile bloom to work aswell as stack puritys + vitality + 6% extra regen from shield to somewhat mitigate the elemental damage.

self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

"
Grothgerek wrote:
I post this variant only to Show thats possiblet to withstand the dmg without endless regeneration etc. (with 2200dps u die as low lvl very, very fast ^^)
it isn´t necessary to decrease the dps to a Minimum, but u can calculate it with 1-3 summon Skeletons and one cwdt gem.
1SS = 720, 2SS = 1440 and 3SS = 2160

You cant like link more than 1 skill of the same to CWDT, or better you can but only one will be casted.
@Grothgerek: I don't know if your setup would work or not. It doesn't really matter tho. You can simply increase the skeleton duration (by equipping a lower %reduced skeleton duration Army of Bones). You could settle for a 1 second cycle so you only need to regenerate 528 Life per second. That's fairly achievable. The real question is if your damage would be good enough if you'd only proc CwDT once per second.

Long story short: You can always reduce the amount of life needed to be recovered per second by sacrificing damage.

I'll do my best to come up with a passive tree and equipment choice that could possibly turn out to be viable.
Last edited by kahzin on Jan 21, 2016, 3:41:15 PM
Just do it with Scolds Bridle.
"
Goldarm5 wrote:

I don't think that you can do a Auto Cast build with Scold's Bridle.
"
kahzin wrote:
"
Goldarm5 wrote:

I don't think that you can do a Auto Cast build with Scold's Bridle.

Not exactly auto-cast without doing anything. Would be more like cast a curse and you take 3k dmg, which procs all the lvl 20 CWDTs. Its more controllable and way more dmg than the way you do it. Also you dont need these shitty increased damage taken jewels.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info