Cleave Ascendancy Choices - Endless Munitions Versus Avatar of Frenzy

So I have a bit of a complicated question...

I have an elemental Cleave character that currently uses Lightning Penetration. With the Deadeye Ascendancy class and the Endless Munitions node, I could conceivably replace the penetration gem with Concentrated Effect. Alternatively, I could keep penetration and take Avatar of Frenzy in the Raider class, which could benefit the character a good deal since I already have 6 frenzy charges.

Basically I could get

1) 20% increased accuracy rating + 200 accuracy rating + 20% increased AoE + 15% attack speed and swap Lightning Pen for Concentrated Effect

or

2) [14% movement speed + 21% attack speed + 21% increased attack damage] when 7 frenzy charges are running AND have a permanent 15% attack speed + 20% increased damage on top of that (not to mention extra evasion)

Now it seems like 2 should be the obvious choice, right? But I think it really depends on how much dps Concentrated Effect adds. How can I accurately compare Concentrated Effect to Lightning Penetration?
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Conc is a straight multiplier.

LPen is, at the very least, a straight multiplier. Against the important targets (namely, those with high Resists), it'll be notably stronger than Conc.

If you're using two Elemental Resist Curses with some Curse Effect, Conc can be the stronger option. Anything less, Pen is much better.

Raider also gets you either more Dodge, or a bunch of Onslaught. Deadeye gets you 10% Bleed/Poison and some conditional modifiers.

Also worth noting, Ascendancy Classes are not set in stone yet. Expect changes.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jan 20, 2016, 9:20:35 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Also worth noting, Ascendancy Classes are not set in stone yet. Expect changes.

Indeed, I do. I was mostly curious how to go about comparing the two gems. I'm only using one curse, Conductivity, so it's probably best to stick with penetration. Thanks for the input!
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info