Havent played in almost 2 years. Starting HC Talisman later

Any helpful tips?

What has changed that drastically affects gameplay?

I am an experienced player, cant remember my other account login so im losing probably 800 hours playtime, 200 worth of effects, etc thats fine with me.

When I played my normal run thru of a HC league was pretty much blow through normal, around level 30 go to cruel. Rinse repeat (think ima usually high 40s or low 50s when I move on to Hell difficulty.

Run through that, do docks until im ready for maps (level 65ish)..

Now theres an A4. Do I need to complete this before maps? Should I run A4 after im already level 80+? Is it even worth it HC to take the risk? I should have been more clear. I know I will run a4 in normal and cruel, do I need to finish it in Hell though in order to run maps or has the Map entry remained the same.

Ill probably run a witch flame totem build for starters.
Last edited by AverageSCEnjoyer on Jan 20, 2016, 2:12:13 PM
You need to do Act 4 twice, in Normal and Cruel. In Merciless, you can skip 90% of it.

Be prepared to die.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
You need to do Act 4 twice, in Normal and Cruel. In Merciless, you can skip 90% of it.

Be prepared to die.

No way ill die from a4 in normal or cruel. Mechanics can't be that bad. And I used to play melee characters to mid 80s in HC leagues.

Totems should make most of the content trivial.
"
"

Be prepared to die.

No way ill die from a4 in normal or cruel. Mechanics can't be that bad. And I used to play melee characters to mid 80s in HC leagues.

When i came back (quit after masters, came back after talisman was deployed) i thought exactly like that and started a4 blind.

I got my ass handed to me by a certain bleed laser very, very hard.

Afterwards i made it a point to watch videos of the bosses and minibosses before doing them. Didnt die to any of them since, but some of the fights are very dicey. And as a melee, a4 in general isnt very fun. (or for any build, really)
"
"

Be prepared to die.

You might be surprised a4 cruel is harder than all of merciless aside from act 4

and if you dont know some of the boss fights they can be tricky
I dont see any any key!
A4 isn't nearly as bad as players say it is. Malachi is pretty tough on A4 Cruel unless you have a really solid build. THe rest of A4 is not a big deal for any good build before merciless. You don't have to do it on merciless if you don't want to. There is no reason you should die on A4 Normal other than learning new fights though.

having said that, A4 is super tedious and really boring, it needs to be retuned to where it is fun for sure.
Last edited by EnderCN on Jan 23, 2016, 1:36:11 AM
I wouldnt run a talisman until like level 20. I got a really nasty jumper at like level 8. I guess it's better to die at 8 than 78 though. haha.
Git R Dun!
Yeah the act four mobs in merciless and cruel hit around 30% harder than act 3 or 2 mobs. The age old rule of survivability above all should apply.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info