[2.1] Blast Rain - Avatar of Fire - Koam's Heart - 100k-220k DPS - Good Survival (Updated 1/23/16)

Hi, I've been working on a build for Marauder using Blast Rain. I'm no Pro, but I sure did have a lot of fun making this build and I'm still having fun.

Reason I chose Marauder, I wanted something that could tank decently while dealing decent damage, everyone was already doing Ranger or Duelist and there didn't seem to be much in terms of Marauder, I also wanted to utilize Avatar of Fire as I felt Blast Rain would be most effect in a non-crit build if I could make the damage 100% fire converted from physical.

This is my progression so far.

Pros
- Great Survival.
- Decent clear speed.
- Decent mobility.
- Decent damage.
- Decent single target damage.
- Can do all tier maps.
- Atziri Viable, haven't tried Uber.
- Cost effective.

Cons
- Elemental Reflect is a problem at times.
- Needs to be at least level 85 before starts to take off.
- Lacks Gem slots.
- Need items that have Dexterity, you can get almost all you Intelligence from your passive tree.

Defence Stats
Spoiler

Information
- I use Arctic Armor and a Ruby Flask to counter Elemental Reflect mobs but this doesn't mean you can do Elemental Reflect maps.

Unbuffed
Spoiler

Buffed
Spoiler

*Note - You can reach over 7k HP if you have Jewels with +7% to HP. I'm still unable to find decent Jewels or craft any.

Offence Stats
Spoiler
Information
- Keep in mind that your tooltip doesn't factor in your Curse, Flammability or Fire Penetration.
- Tooltip DPS only shows 1 arrow so always 4x.
- You want to use Increased Area of Effect for mob clearing.
- You want to use Concentrated Effect for killing bosses.
- Use Slower Projectiles as your 6th socketed gem, if you can't roll 2G|1B|3R sockets.

Currently Using 5L Bow.
Unbuffed (Slower Projectiles)
Spoiler

Buffed (Slower Projectiles)
Spoiler

Buffed (Concentrated Effect - Boss Killing)
Spoiler

*Note - With Chin Sol + Point Blank my DPS goes over 220,000. I found this combo to be lackluster late game versus some Bosses due to lack of DPS at range. Clearing trash is rather simple for both builds.

Bandit Rewards
Spoiler

Normal - Oak for 40+ life.
Cruel - Skill Point.
Merciless - Frenzy Charge.

Passive Tree

Gem Setup
Spoiler

Bow
5L-
6L -

*Note - You should use, Increased Area of Effect for clearing mobs and Concentrated Effect for killing bosses or use Slower Projectiles until you get the right colour sockets.

Helm -

Gloves -

Boots -

Optional Unset Ring -

Current Gear
Spoiler

Jewels
Spoiler

Additional Gear
Spoiler

Mapping
Spoiler
Can Do
- Can do all mods, apart from the one listed below.

Can't Do
- Elemental Reflect

Want to Avoid (Slows down clear speed)
- Curse Immune
- Fire Resistance
- Blood Magic
Last edited by saizosol on Jan 26, 2016, 1:10:02 AM
any video?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info