2.1 Lioneye's Fall Crit Bows Tank (discussion)

This is more a discussion thread then a finished build thread. Im only 87 on HC Talisman.

I wanted to try to make a more tanky bow character using the lioneye's fall jewels, that still could do a lot of damage. Rangers can get a lot of life but usually have problem with getting str to make use of that life%.

From tree:
+3 endurance charges (7 with one from bandit)
184% life
312 str
154 dex
182% armour
5% life regen

457% crit
81% multi
Iron Grip
189% phys
37% asp
30% projectil dmg

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_FCDvDlBHGj58uCku8axXDWhlkc6tjc9-dqzqGPcycqmJ2GhY15asqlnz7US8mkFyyWcaOJBVJy-fPi3Skn3cI5hv5c_yQYIH2XwUcQ48OlIyfryfGJH8SxRNhmBhUu9OXhMhVdw9B3XApkCgeu8FLXTt2sEuU9NvQzGE76knkGyHaqmUhNlHfr02ZU2-p3XL6mJM_04qI9OPYFuvDY2HduOfSn1noPzF7g6jiiP2TZKNfTB8fys51Hb3Mfqi6hLh-Ou77fPd85ugnyF2hs7BMw==

There are many possibilities with the tree, taking frency charges, taking more crit.
Speccing out of armour and going acrobatics instead, probably best from ranger start but then you lose some life. Use the block quiver and take some block nodes, but lose some damage. Iron reflexes. I haven't done much high lvl mapping before. Currently only in tier 8 maps.. So i don't know how much dmg is required in higher tiers. I like tanky characters so would rather do enough damage and spend more on defence.

Would it be best to go full armour? Or armour/evasion with that dex you have anyway? Arrowdancing? Or even spec out of armour and go acrobatics?

Currently using Daressos defiance +immortal call lots of armour and evasion. Smashing strike actually gives a lot of endurance charges even though it's only 10% chance on crit.
Maybe a kaoms or a belly would be better? Or lighning coil.

Best aura combination. hatred/herald of ash, hatred/arctic armour, herald of ash/determination, alphas howl hatred/determination but lose some life and armour?
Last edited by Ruarc on Jan 16, 2016, 3:28:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info