Ascendency classes do not look balanced right now

Plenty of you are going to criticize that it is too early to judge since we do not have all the information yet. However, I do think GGG is not that tough to predict given how they never truly hide how the trajectory of the game goes. I did manage to forsee the Marauder nerf several patches ago as well as how tornado shot was going to ruin the game for some time.

This time, I am just too sure they are going to regret some of the Ascendency classes they are introducing. Maximum block build used to be the most unfair build in this game until GGG made it much harder to invest in it. Gladiator's 100% attack to spell block conversion is simply going to revive the age of duelist maximum block abuse. I am starting to gather The Anvil unique just to sell to the flood of people who will surely want to play max blocker soon.

Marauder used to be the best critical strike character as it had really nice defenses, one just has to go around the skilltree to reach the critical strike region. This was eventually nerfed by making it much harder for marauder to get the best of both worlds-offense and defense. Now that juggernaut simply has 1000 accuracy rating, a marauder can simply go back to the shadow region again and revive the legendary critical strike marauder of Kripp's era.

The necromancer and Shadow's two classes however seem more like merely stronger versions of what they already are. The necromancer seems like the worst to me, most of her skills are merely what we already have in the default skilltree but with slightly larger numerical values. This is absurd.
I believe it. GGG giveth OP and taketh away, seems the norm for them. BTW - Is there a place I can read all about Ascendancy all details so far? Just this right? https://www.pathofexile.com/ascendancy
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 16, 2016, 3:41:16 AM
Most of classes will be nerfed heavily right before release, there is no way to release half those classes without doubling mob damage and health in conjunction with even more nerfs to player ES/life nodes. I do not want a reshuffle of power with the net only slightly or not even in my favor. This is one of the worst ways to force meta changes.

Please god sakes stop railroading this game into a ripfest where the only way to play is to offscreen mobs before they 1 shot you all for the sake of player retention. I do not want to have to use either a coil or koam's just to stay alive even as a ranged build. I can't imagine how frustrating it is to play melee in the current patch. What was the point of nerfing and removing life nodes when ultimate every build still plays path of life nodes on top of coil/koams.

It will make the blasphemy launch nerf look pleasant.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Jan 16, 2016, 3:52:42 AM
This is the first time that GGG is adding content inherent to the classes that is as potent as ascendancy classes. There is no historical precedent to refer to. So speculation is, in fact, pointless.

It's also worth noting that the labyrinth is apparently not connected to the campaign as far as I know, and if it isn't, then surely they intend on the game still being playable without the usage of ascendancy classes, which means that the hysteric buffs/nerfs that you guys are speculating on have nothing to lean on.
Last edited by Septile on Jan 16, 2016, 3:59:57 AM
"
Deadpeng wrote:
The necromancer seems like the worst to me, most of her skills are merely what we already have in the default skilltree but with slightly larger numerical values. This is absurd.

Yeah, right. Bone offering?

Witch can now max out block with two ascendency points for however long there are corpses around. Also spellblock with a single block to spellblock item. And an Aegis Aurora esque Health on block built in alongside it.

I assume this is going to get nerfed before they deploy ascendecy, but if not? Hooo boy.
"
Septile wrote:

It's also worth noting that the labyrinth is apparently not connected to the campaign as far as I know, and if it isn't, then surely they intend on the game still being playable without the usage of ascendancy classes, which means that the hysteric buffs/nerfs that you guys are speculating on have nothing to lean on.

I highly doubt that they will balance around people not using the labyrinth.
And they have to, they can't just implement immense power upgrades and think "well, not everyone will use it". That would be like making it rain exalts in a certain area but don't care about it because it is an optional area.
There was a post somewhere were, I guess it was Chris, said that A4 Normal is noticeably easier with the use of Ascendency classes.

On topic:
It will probably be very imbalanced in the beginning and be slowly adjusted over time.
As usual, people will figure possibility's that GGG did not expect.
And it looks pretty hard anyway to keep the Ascendency classes different and interesting while being balanced, even within one class itself.
The balancing between the different classes is a complete other world and will probably take ages to balance out.
IGN: Scordalia_
Last edited by Caliginosus on Jan 16, 2016, 6:08:14 AM
Well, Rory did say in the interview that the current ascendancy trees aren't final. They probably got tweaked a few times since the reveal and will be tuned further.

He also said that a game-wide monster tuneup isn't planned for ascendancy and that new specializations make the game significantly easier in their testing. I suppose rampant power creep will be a much bigger problem than having some classes stick out.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jan 16, 2016, 9:20:44 AM
I'm looking at Inquisitors 50% crit multi and ignore ele res and I'm like WHAAAAAAAAAAT?

Then looking at Assassin and... emm.. even with 6 power charges its meh.

Kinetic Blast Crit Inquisitor - Balanced.
-Forever Casual-
IGN: Zzerk
Balance in POE ? You gotta be kidding me lol .
R.I.P 4.B.
This guy said balance in poe what the fuck LOL

Hate you balance people seriously.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info