Going to play Diablo 3 Season 5?

Just downloaded the patch and trying to decide whether I should give the new season a spin. The game never manages to actually keep my interest, but it's usually good for a couple weeks of mindless, physics-rich fun.

Are you going to play in the new season?

Not even sure what I want to play. Back at release I played a wizard mostly, but that was with a group of friends. S3 I tried a Crusader, but that was my first RoS experience and I didn't get into rifting. S3 I played a WW Barbarian for two or three weeks, but found it so tedious to kill Rift Guardians.

Was just watching this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=dKGqyVTYscE ... and that looks decently different from what I play in PoE usually (don't think we have any good thorns builds). Also looks effortlessly. I admit I kind of like running around and stuff dies without a lot of clicking. :p Hence totem builds in PoE, and I guess that Thorns 'Sader will work.

The requirements to unlock that stash tab reward seem steep... way beyond what I did in the game before.
Last edited by Mivo on Jan 15, 2016, 5:20:02 PM
i will try it when i get home, while watching PoE streams

also after i do my Master Dailies

and after i cleared/converted up my tier 3/4/5 maps

maybe i will run a few Rigwalds first

Damn, it is probably gonna be morning when i get to D3 -_-
I need more purple titles
After I decided to drop out of the league (felt too pressuring and I doubted I'd manage 28 challenges), I just dabbled some in HC, and in Standard SC worked my way a bit closer to 91. But I think until Ascendancy I have a bit of a slow phase.

Thought some more about D3 and I think I'll just rebirth my S3 barbarian. That rebirthing feature is kind of neat, but feels like a cheap workaround not to just give people more character slots. I do like whirlwhind. Wish cyclone was more like it!
not going back to D3 got bored of it long ago
No. I´m really disappointed in this game, it´s too simple for my taste, not only the game but the game design, uninstalled it. Instead I´m currently playing the D2 ladder and will continue with PoE after that.
D2 also had seasons. I feel like starting from scratch and competing with others on a ladder really fits the ARPG genre. Kinda sad the PS3 version doesn't have seasons because of rampant cheating.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Jan 16, 2016, 8:18:55 AM
decisions decisions ,

I need more storage space.Options to choose from ....

Play season 5 and complete the season journey,completing conquerer.

or

Upgrade to digital deluxe edition for three extra character slots and make three more mules.

Was thirty bucks well spent on the deluxe upgrade in my opinion.

I'm shit out of luck when/if I need stash tabs in the future though

=)

Last edited by Temper on Jan 16, 2016, 12:56:14 PM
I started playing last night. 8 hours, and now I can solo GR22. If I get a handful of decent Legendaries today, I should be able to get into GR40s, get bored and go play something else.
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

"
Is D3 that conducive to the idea of 'seasons'?

In about the same way as PoE, which is to say: increasingly less conductive to how I prefer to play games. It really is a lot like PoE's temporary leagues: There are seasons-only uniques that after the season make it to non-season, cosmetic rewards for meeting specific challenges (season journey - it's a bit more detailed than PoE's challenges; it's well done), lately pet rewards too, and in this new season they actually gate a full stash tab behind a rather daunting challenge. There is no other way of getting it, which seems to have caused an uproar.

Anyway. as for me, I feel less and less compatible with deadline-oriented gaming. The D3 stash tabs would probably require me to play 350+ hours over the next three months, and I'm not sure I want to do that, so it's like Talisman: couple days in and I realize it's futile. In D2 the ladders worked for me, but they were also much longer (at least half a year each) and there were no real challenges to meet, thus less pressure. There were ladder-only uniques, too.

I also experience the limited availability of cosmetic rewards to be a rather demoralizing aspect that more and more games utilize. It doesn't make me want to play more, or regularly, but causes me to think, "Why bother at all if I can't complete a collection?". The concept aims at people's hard-wired desire to collect stuff, but at the same time that also backfires if you fail too get something, join too late, etc. It STILL bugs me that I don't have a Kiwi because I had paid $5 too little (10 instead of 15).

So lately I feel a pull toward offline, more "static" games (games that are more like books). It's silly of me to play never-ending games when I have 700+ games rotting on my Steam account. Probably 50 of them worth playing. I still have not touched the Witcher series, still didn't get into Divinity, haven't played the "new" Bioshock, and so on. Instead, I waste heaps of time on games that are hamster wheels.

My gaming life was a lot more varied before 1995 when I really discovered online worlds, and UO in 1997 killed variety completely.
@ Mivo

Currently all new legendry items drop on both season and non season in parallel.

Besides the first new tab that requires only gold to unlock,all future tabs are planned to be unlocked through Seasons Journey only (conquerer exclusive unlock),which also unlocks the tab for non season upon completion.So one must play a minimum of four seasons to unlock all new tabs.

The Witcher 3:

If you have the complete collection of the Witcher play them all in order for the story element and character building (both playable character and NPCs) and don't *skip* episodes.

I've only played The Witcher 3 because I was convinced that I did not need to play the previous episodes to enjoy the game.While I did enjoy the gameplay I quite often found myself clueless to "the big picture""of the story and had no clue how I should be reacting to some dialogue options that specifically related to past episodes,and that kind of killed it for me roleplay wise.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info