PVP suggestion.

This is not only suggestion, but also question whether something similar is actiolly planned or not as it might have been suggested earlier.

Pvp in this game type that would only consist players atacking eachother even if its more than 1v1 would be rather dull and uninteresting.It would most likely come down to who can nuke down oponent faster(even 1 hit) or it would take forever to kill someone.It would come down to who has better build.

So My suggestion is to have pvp built around monsters and key points.
monsters on both sides would spawn periodically and fight eachother.
spread on map there would be points destroying or activating which would make more monsters spawn for one side or make spawned monsters stronger.
Some key points might activate untargetable turrets that would help on battlefield or set traps.
Some of those points might give buffs for players or debuffs for enemy players.

Victory would still be achieved by killing players , however battlefield could give advantage to side with good strategy. and it would bring real teamplay in team pvp that is not so realistic when there are only 2 groups of players put against eachother without any secondary goals.
I have runes, potions and total disregard of public safety.
Last edited by pod11 on Dec 28, 2011, 5:33:21 AM
A DotA PvP Arena has already been suggested, as far as I recall some devs were intrigued. However, I would not be interested in this, so it should be just an optinal arena.
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
All similarities are actiolly the fact that there are any monsters at all.

I'd rather it wasnt in as restricted area as dota lanes.

Having monsters as part of battle suits this game type alot since big part of your build is going to be designed for killing monsters.

Secondary goals are part of any good pvp in games.
There is always some kind of capture the flag , destroying keep walls, holding capture points etc.

Games where there are only players put against eachother on open arena without any goals other than atacking eachother are too plain and get boring very fast.
Last edited by pod11 on Dec 28, 2011, 8:08:56 AM
"
pod11 wrote:
Having monsters as part of battle suits this game type alot since big part of your build is going to be designed for killing monsters.

Monsters will be part of PvP in cutthroat-league, where you can raid other player's instances.

As for me, I generally enjoy 1v1 duels the most, so your opinion about what is boring and what is not is highly subjective.

"
pod11 wrote:

What? My PvP characters will be designed to kill players. This is not a game where you have one char of each class and then you are done.
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
Last edited by dust7 on Dec 28, 2011, 8:20:30 AM
normal monsters that you just exp on are nothing like idea im giving.Core of it is having some kind of secondary goals that influence final combat outcome.

Im suprised that anyone opposes the idea of having smething more in pvp than just 2 characters throwing skills at eachother untill 1 die.

In simple duel betwen 2 melee champions there isnt much player skill involved, its mstly about character build and items.
When one has to control map and coordinate with his team there is some strategy/skill involved.

Duels are good to have, but not as the only type of pvp.
Last edited by pod11 on Dec 29, 2011, 5:09:11 AM
Is cutthroat,simple duels and team deathmatch the only pvp planned for release?
It would be nice to have a new form of pvp for release, but the reason for not liking this idea probably comes from the fact that it sounds almost exactly like any MOBA game out there. And I admit, I am biased, I absolutely hate MOBA games (HoN,LoL,DotA) since I don't see that there is any mechanical skill involved in those games.

Doesn't mean this is a bad idea of course. The thing I am wondering about when involving npcs in pvp is that charges become pretty powerful against someone who doesn't rely on them.

Last edited by Zimbapina on Dec 31, 2011, 4:29:31 AM
"
Zimbapina wrote:
I am biased, I absolutely hate MOBA games (HoN,LoL,DotA) since I don't see that there is any mechanical skill involved in those games.

1v1 me, you pick Cassiopeia, I pick Orianna. :P
Median XL 2012 | Diablo 2 mod
Adun Tori Laz.
well naturally monsters will change the situation, thats the point.
Besides we will need some monsters on arenas for summoners anyway.

Than again there could be just some object tocapture/hold even without monsters.
my point is that there shopuld be pvp mode where there is something more than just deathmatch.

Would be really nice if dev enlightened what kinds of pvp will there be on release.
Last edited by pod11 on Dec 31, 2011, 10:45:21 AM
for the best for of duels are 1v1 ,without any moba style in...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info