A few suggestions from a old diablo player

There could be a little arrow on the minimap pointing in the general directions of quest objectives. The teleportation hubs could be a little closer.

There could be a random dungeon finder similiar to what you would find in a modern MMO. In a a multiplayer game I shouldn't feel like im playing single player.

Over all great game so far though.
Sounds more like suggestions from an old World of Warcraft player than a Diablo player to me.
IGN: Jerk, Princess

http://orbswap.info - the easy way to trade currency
I agree with feeling like playing alone.

Before Open beta GGG needs to really focus on MP parts.

Things like player trade window, forum or auction house trading, parties sharing flask charge recovery no matter who kills the monster (this would be already balanced by monsters having more HP so players need to expend more of their life/mana to kill them), enable friends lists, loot sharing like they announced (5s pick up window for the person who did the kill; also need to generate separate loot drops for bosses and big chests) and of course party only dungeons with much tougher monsters/bosses.

Party only instances have nothing to do in a diablo inspired arpg. Loot systems also take away some of the fun.

First to click should be first to get. Makes for faster, more frenetic gameplay. If you are afraid people 'stealing' all your drops, you can always play with good friends.

"That's how you die properly, Sailor Boy.."
"
taekvideo wrote:
Sounds more like suggestions from an old World of Warcraft player than a Diablo player to me.

I only played WOW for a week. Too addictive.
"
jawsofhana wrote:
Party only instances have nothing to do in a diablo inspired arpg. Loot systems also take away some of the fun.

First to click should be first to get. Makes for faster, more frenetic gameplay. If you are afraid people 'stealing' all your drops, you can always play with good friends.

That is sooo stupid I cannot even describe it. That will make most people not party.

GGG will need to decide if they care about people playing the game in a party or not. And your way it not for their first choice.

"
jawsofhana wrote:

Not everyone has the luxury of always having friends they trust online to play with. And it makes it a lot harder to make friends if nobody wants to play with strangers due to the looting system (or lack thereof).

"
Torin wrote:
I agree with feeling like playing alone.

Before Open beta GGG needs to really focus on MP parts.

Things like player trade window, forum or auction house trading, parties sharing flask charge recovery no matter who kills the monster (this would be already balanced by monsters having more HP so players need to expend more of their life/mana to kill them), enable friends lists, loot sharing like they announced (5s pick up window for the person who did the kill; also need to generate separate loot drops for bosses and big chests) and of course party only dungeons with much tougher monsters/bosses.

I think just adding the Friends list as soon as possible could go a long way. These games are a lot more fun when you can get a group of people to consistently play with and stay the same level as.

Being able to have a friends list and see the levels of everyone on it would provide a lot more interaction between players.

Another thing that would help would be a party leader indicator over people in town, so that people could see open parties and allow for easier partying up.

Also for the party, there could be an option to have 'open' drops where everyone can see everything. You could use this option when you are partied up with friends and know they will share with you.

For a second party option there could be a 'delayed' drops, where if you get the kill the other players can't see those drops for 20 seconds or so.
Last edited by Pu1pFriction on Dec 28, 2011, 3:03:16 PM
"
Pu1pFriction wrote:
I think just adding the Friends list as soon as possible could go a long way. These games are a lot more fun when you can get a group of people to consistently play with and stay the same level as.

Being able to have a friends list and see the levels of everyone on it would provide a lot more interaction between players.

Another thing that would help would be a party leader indicator over people in town, so that people could see open parties and allow for easier partying up.

Also for the party, there could be an option to have 'open' drops where everyone can see everything. You could use this option when you are partied up with friends and know they will share with you.

For a second party option there could be a 'delayed' drops, where if you get the kill the other players can't see those drops for 20 seconds or so.

Loot assignment based on killing blow would be a bad idea... very bad. Doing flask charges that way is bad enough. Just random assignment is much better.

I have to agree with the loot assignment based on killing blow being a bad idea. That just opens the door for people to sit back and wait on a mob to be near dead then jump in imo.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info