More of Your Questions Answered!

"
The idea of having a 2-6 slot currency satchel was a popular recommendation recently. Are you considering adding this in the future? Maybe even adding the satchel slots as quest rewards?

I like this idea, and pls NEVER add Auctionhouse.

Sad about the unlikelyness of a litle but more prolif radius though :/
ign: UpForJava
Last edited by Upforsale on Jan 13, 2016, 4:06:32 PM
All my crying about the trade system aside, I should state that while ultimately I may have to abandon POE, I dont want to, and I remain cautiously optimistic to hear what GGG has in store for us to make trading less dreadful.

But, no matter what the improvements may be, I will continue to scratch my head at their lack of willingness to implement an offline system for trading - be it AH/Or some sort of Hideout Store Front where people can use poe.trade to see what you have and then visit your hideout storefront to purchase the gear at your listed price if they do not wish to haggle.

Its incredible how many people saying how hard it is to trade in this game.

We already have an auction house with prices on it called poe.trade that ggg accepts its official trading site. You can get any piece of gear from there with 100's of people selling and online all the time.

But like most players that played d3 and been playing poe a long time we know why these complaints are coming.....

People who wants to lowball but can not on poe trade complaining that they couldn't get good gear for basically nothing....

tldr: If you want to get good gear to progress use poe.trade and don't lowball people so they can sell you their stuff. If you don't have tons of orbs don't look for the best gear in slots thinking you can snipe or lowball them to death.. buy something you can afford till you get better at game.

One last note, a POE auction house actually will be nice (d3 style) but will it destroy the game who knows? d3 went from 16 mill players to 3 million players after auction house closed down..... But the complaints about trade in this current game that been reading so far are just silly.
Wow, thanks for all the answers! :)
Regardless of how unpopular this will be, I like the way trading is now. I'm by no means a 'no-lifer' and can play approximately 1 hour a weekday and maybe 3-4 hours on Sat/Sun, but I find poe.xyz to be very straightforward and Acquisition basically does all the trade posting itself. I also like to haggle over prices and to try and cultivate some knowledge or expertise on valuing items.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but an AH would either have to be fixed price set by the seller (and all decent items at decent prices would be snapped up immediately by bots and marked up) or auctions would have to run for longer periods, meaning it would take forever to get an item you had bid on (and, like in D3 previously, if the price was below a certain threshold nearing the end of an auction, bots would throw in a last second bid and poach any deals anyway). At least having the multiple layers of personally cross referencing prices on rare items yourself on poe.xyz and negotiating with a person removes bots from the picture to some degree (aside from certain rare items having automatic whispers sent by xyz scanning bots on prices under a certain threshold).
Last edited by Funkdubious on Jan 13, 2016, 5:11:41 PM
"
Chris wrote:

It's worth noting that improvements to trading may benefit you a bit, but they benefit the non-casual players a LOT. This probably works against the casual players, rather than for it. People complain about flippers now, but imagine how bad it's going to be when that process is easier :P

When selling a unique I don't know the price of by heart, I check it on poe.trade and sort by b/o price, then offer it par for the lowest few with similar rolls. And very I'm happy / don't feel cheated when it gets bought for that currently optimal market price (everyone non-ignorant could have bought it for that price anyway, and I have no need to rip off the uninformed players).

The ability to do this in-game would be essential to any trading implementation that tries to call itself "good": just a clearly labelled button that lists the current offers of that item in ascending price order (and filtering for high roll stats).
Plus of course the current (or hopefully better) filtering capabilities of poe.trade for rares etc.
Then flipping is no problem anymore (it only happens because a portion of the players doesn't use price guidance as described in my first paragraph, which should be made trivially accessible)! ***

I'm also opposed to enabling item delivery without the seller having to press a button to complete the transaction with the buyer, as this is would allow for mindless automation/grinding/pseudo-HFT and take away the mercantile interaction which adds to the flair of the game. Keep the trading window and green check marks as "nods of agreement"!
Still, the current trading process just plain sucks, poe.trade remains clumsy and embarrassing enough to use as it is.
Trading in PoE is IMO frustrating enough that I'm vendoring items that could likely fetch 10-15c (and that's non-trivial currency for me) with some tedious channel grinding. (then again, maybe this is welcomed by GGG, as a pseudo sink ;D)

*** exceptions of course are highly chaotic situations with new items... or big market moves if somebody really wants to risk something like "Imma buyout the lowest 20 5L Glares and reoffer them for the price of #21"... which should be rare enough.
Last edited by foosis on Jan 13, 2016, 5:10:50 PM
ty for answers, but I would to specific:

self found league is not solo play league, only that you can find items in solo or also in a party within a certain period of time.

Still the party game remains a core aspect of the game. Solo league is another thing.
IGN: SeaLaser
Sea Builds, Characters, Shops, Links & Records:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/972683/
"
KillerPX wrote:
I would spend responsible yet bordering on unreasonable amounts of money on guild hideouts. Just throwing that out there.

Holy crap, yes. Guild hideouts would be awesome to have. I imagine crafting benches would have to just run a quick check on your Master level as you open the UI, I wouldn't want the response time to be as slow as the Guild Stash currently is from my location.

But what if some guild members still want their own hideout? Is it an opt-in feature in each league, perhaps? What about map portals? Currently if you meet the quest state you can join maps of parties you're not in, so that might need to be fixed. Or make it so that your map portals can be open to guild members, if desired.
I'd love UI skins!!! Although I don't think they should be part of supporter packs, because it's very individualized to each person what they like, plus I like to show off my supporter pack symbols and I couldn't really show off my UI skin except when making build guide demo videos...

And as for paid leagues, ehhhhh... I'd probably just play standard honestly.
I am a shadow. I was born the youngest daughter of a respected family, raised to fight, weep and bleed for God and the Order. I would have died to keep my mouth shut. Professional integrity, it's called. That lord sang a different tune once I had taken their children.
Since the in-game noticeboard is already full of trade, how about making a separate tab called "trade" for them? (Also, would be nice if you could filter OUT by keyword: -wtb -wts)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info