More of Your Questions Answered!

Thanks for the answers.

1. Ya I love exclusive effects, its a real incentive to grab some stuff in the shop sometimes
when you know it will not be around later.

2. I feel like a lot of the people asking / demanding for auction house style trade changes, have absolutely no idea how changes like this will end up affecting them.
The terrible trade system right now greatly benefits casual players, as at least you have the possibility of selling something or finding a decent deal if you happen to spot it first, or you are putting some effort into selling that day.
When they do implement changes making trade easier, the people who will benefit most from these changes will be the same people dominating trade right now. The people with currency to buy up every decent deal listed right away and resell for more, The same people in trade chat 24/7 spamming. ( such as myself sometimes ). And forget about selling anything ever again.. who will want to buy anything from you when they have a list of every other item sold by every other person who may or not be online currently. Something will be better and cheaper then yours, sold by someone wealthier.
Be careful what you ask for, it is not going to help you the way you are hoping it will.

3. Marking characters as solo / self found is dumb. I love Chris' response to that.
If you want to play solo / self found , then just play that way.
You need to be " marked " so everyone knows that's how you play. Sounds ridiculously
childish.

4. Reveal the rest of the ascendency subclasses already please.

do what you want to the girl, but leave me alone.
This people saying that AH-like system will make it worse for casuals......... /facepalm

Its like people dont know basic economics, more people trading = more supply = lower prices.

Most casuals dont even want to sell stuff, they only want an easier time buying upgrades.

Right now, if i want item X, which is listed from 10-100c on poe.trade and it happens that the only online guy is the one selling it for 100c, you're fucked. There it is, the item that you desperately need, theres people wanting to sell it for a good price, but you cant reach them cuz they're offline. Is this rly 2016?

Flippers will be flippers no matter what, with or without AH they'll continue to play the economic game that they enjoy so much (and they have every right to do so), atleast with an AH they would have more competition cuz right now they reign supreme without anything/anyone to threaten them.
"
HyP_ wrote:
This people saying that AH-like system will make it worse for casuals......... /facepalm

Its like people dont know basic economics, more people trading = more supply = lower prices.

Most casuals dont even want to sell stuff, they only want an easier time buying upgrades.

Right now, if i want item X, which is listed from 10-100c on poe.trade and it happens that the only online guy is the one selling it for 100c, you're fucked. There it is, the item that you desperately need, theres people wanting to sell it for a good price, but you cant reach them cuz they're offline. Is this rly 2016?

Flippers will be flippers no matter what, with or without AH they'll continue to play the economic game that they enjoy so much (and they have every right to do so), atleast with an AH they would have more competition cuz right now they reign supreme without anything/anyone to threaten them.

More supply could just as easily = lower drop rates if GGG feels the need to further balance based on the economy once it gets easier and a lot more people enter it.
Chris has stated time and time again they will never do automated offline trading.
Never.

You are correct, with that type of system it may have helped "casuals"
But that will never be the way trading is done in this game.

So the people on/trading 24/7 will still reign supreme.

Just wait and see.
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
"
yungwhiz wrote:
I dont need to feel like a special snowflake for happening to be around at the right time to buy an mtx. Cant you just put a large disclaimer saying "this stuff may become available for individual purchase in the future" in future supporter packs that way you arent lying and wont lose any "trust"?

I probably wouldn't buy Supporter Packs then..

"
papajohn50 wrote:
I think it's sweet when I see someone with that awesome purple bubble ( I have no idea what that is or when you could acquire it but damn, it's eye grabbing.)

Maligaro's Restraint, usually used as a Skin Transfer. Belt of the Deceiver has an effect as well.

I but supporter packs because if you do the math you get a high quality weapon effect for 50 points (for free after the first tier of packs) instead of the standard 150. The exclusivity is a temporary reward for being in the right place at the right time. Its nothing go be proud of. X years from now when ggg servers go down you wont even get to keep it and nobody would have ever known you had it to begin with.

I might be bald some day,

doesn't mean I don't currently enjoy having hair.
"
GDSLICK wrote:
I might be bald some day,

doesn't mean I don't currently enjoy having hair.

You didnt grow hair to be in an exclusive people with hair club. If someone else grows hair after you, you wont get mad about it and accuse Rogaine of breaking your trust.
I would spend responsible yet bordering on unreasonable amounts of money on guild hideouts. Just throwing that out there.
"
GDSLICK wrote:
Chris has stated time and time again they will never do automated offline trading.
Never.

You are correct, with that type of system it may have helped "casuals"
But that will never be the way trading is done in this game.

So the people on/trading 24/7 will still reign supreme.

Just wait and see.

But Why??? There is absolutly NO reason for that and it just makes the game inconvenient. Doesn't the GGG whant opposit result - to make POE convinient and enjoyable for massive audience across the globe? I know several of my friends, who quited after a couple of weeks when they realized they should play 24/7, use forum and 3rd party software to buy good gear and progress their builds.
Last edited by BOOMbastik_RUS on Jan 13, 2016, 2:26:32 PM
All I meant was,

Although you are correct in that they are just pixels, and all it takes is a simple forgotten password for them to be gone..

It doesn't diminish the entertainment / enjoyment value obtained in the now.

The same way it's fun to have rare hard to find gear on your character,
it's also fun to have rare hard to find mtx.

imo anyway.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info