Crash invalid map/set t iterator

Since Hotfix 2.1.1c i'm having the same crash: "invalid map/set t iterator"
Last edited by joecamello on Jan 11, 2016, 8:09:10 PM
Exact same thing here... first time in over 1200 hours of playing PoE that i get a proper crash to desktop with an old fashioned error like this...

Happened twice now, and always in tiered maps (not in normal quest maps that i can see).

This has been happening to me too, alot. It's pretty frustrating.
same problem
have this crash today too on lake farming
Hey... quick question to those that have this error.. are you using AMD Radeon?

I have been fiddling around with the new AMD Radeon settings app and new drivers and I have a suspicion that they are causing these new problems with PoE...

Purely speculation right now but I have updated to the 16.x beta drivers - driver shows as 15.301 and I am getting different results - i.e. the map/set t error seems to have gone... other problems exist but this one seems to have cleared up.

Cannot recommend trying beta drivers - use at your own peril.

UPDATE: Nope... murphys law... beta drivers from AMD do not solve this nugget.. or any of the other new 2.1.x crashes...
Nop, i'm using an nvidia GPU
I keep getting this crash from time to time randomly. Fix plox :/
This seems to be a random error that creeps up when there's a lot of stuff happening at once - at least for me, and both times it's happened to me (it happened to me twice), my latency shot into the stratosphere. With me though, I think it was because I had a lot of items and enemies on the screen, a lot of avian retches and skeletons were vomiting and throwing spells at me (one of the mods on the map even gave monsters 2 extra projectiles), plus I was damaging a lot of enemies at once (I was Cyclone/RFing through everything.) My guess is that with me, my connection simply couldn't keep up with all the action, and just gave up.
Last edited by MimSiE on Feb 1, 2016, 6:53:01 PM
Here's an update guys.

I've confirmed this as the issue, at least on my end. I got the exact same error again. This time it was inside a Haku mission where a bunch of raging spirits spawned around me non-stop, and yes I was Cyclone/RFing my way through the lot of them.

This seems to be an issue with someone (I'm pretty sure it's our connections) being unable to process all the data that it's sending and receiving practically simultaneously - position updates, damage calculations, whether we're still using our skills, etc. If anyone is still receiving this error, my suggestion to you is to try not to allow so many enemies on the screen at once. (Easier said than done in these Haku missions like I was running, but w/e.) Like I said before, I'm pretty sure that it's our connections - if this were an offline game, our computers could probably handle this without a problem.)

It's worth noting that I'm running on a 20Mbit wireless connection. (It's not possible for me to wire directly into the modem... at least not without having one PO'ed girlfriend, LOL! That's because it would require me to lay about 300 feet of cable, and I'm not too fond of having tripping hazards throughout my house. My gaming computer is on the other side of the house from my main one, which my girlfriend uses to log in.) What type of connection are you guys on that are getting this error?
Last edited by MimSiE on Feb 2, 2016, 4:03:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info