[2.1] CoC barrage is not dead! FireWorX - Volley Fire Low life CoC | Video Gorge Run in 2:12

It's dead :S ... ta da dam because it's not worth the investment compared to the alternatives.

(comparsion: with less investment, you can run Uber using flask build)
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
Last edited by eragon1111 on Feb 2, 2016, 4:42:53 AM
"
Agility wrote:
what kinda of jewels are you running in the other 2 slots aside from volley fire ?

thx for the build btw. been trying to get gems leveled up on it... its a good thing i'm using a lvl 90 witch that had no xp cause ive died many times not having shav's yet.. chaos dmg basically kills me instantly lol

Hi, thank you for a very relevant question. I would overall put most effort in getting jewel with attack speed and spell damage. Of attack speed mods, aps while holding shield and aps with wands are the most effective. With spells, spell damage while holding a shield is the most effective.

If you are low on resists you can for eg. get resists, like 10 to all res on jewel.

IGN :ChrispieD, FreeZedByPulse, StruckByTunder
"
eragon1111 wrote:
It's dead :S ... ta da dam because it's not worth the investment compared to the alternatives.

I don't really know what to answer you man xD
I've seen your thread about coc barrage and understand why you gave up on it, as it needs some testing to find optimum setup. This build is not made for uber atziri farming, it's much cheaper to just uber with a tabula rasa and poison firestorm trap. If you find that playstyle fun... You can also bore your mjölner through there, if that gets your heart going.

Doing uber with this one would probably most optimal with rise of phoenix, purity of fire and ruby flask with righteous fire. But I havent tested that yet.

This build is for having fun in maps and basicly carry whole parties... Also you give party members powerful auras and dual curses. You could even potentinally go tripple curses with maybe enfeeble as third, giving 50% more effective life pool to you and party members near, or temp chains.

But yeah, what is build diversity. Just go for the build that does uber for least amount of currency (firestorm poison trapper) and have fun :) I just doesn't get my heart going.

"
ChrispieD wrote:
"
eragon1111 wrote:

I don't really know what to answer you man xD
I've seen your thread about coc barrage and understand why you gave up on it, as it needs some testing to find optimum setup. This build is not made for uber atziri farming, it's much cheaper to just uber with a tabula rasa and poison firestorm trap. If you find that playstyle fun... You can also bore your mjölner through there, if that gets your heart going.

Doing uber with this one would probably most optimal with rise of phoenix, purity of fire and ruby flask with righteous fire. But I havent tested that yet.

This build is for having fun in maps and basicly carry whole parties... Also you give party members powerful auras and dual curses. You could even potentinally go tripple curses with maybe enfeeble as third, giving 50% more effective life pool to you and party members near, or temp chains.

But yeah, what is build diversity. Just go for the build that does uber for least amount of currency (firestorm poison trapper) and have fun :) I just doesn't get my heart going.

I'd be interested in trying a life version of this. Iv actually seen a physical crit wander using 4 Volleys with Chain and its quite insane also.

After seeing that I thought id try a CoC build with Wands that could utilize volley. I saw your build and think I might try a life version, just because I have so much gear invested in my spectral throw CoC dagger build which is honestly insanely fast also. I just love CoC builds :)

anyway I question for ya. How is single target? How many proc's would you say you get single target? I am just curious as my ST bulid is retarded at clearing maps with around 300 mil xp/hour on average but Single target is kinda meh. I mean its definately ok, but I would think barrage would be much better against bosses, and I don't see why you could make a Uber variant of this build.
So, Vessel of Vinktar is mandatory for sustaining mana? Or is there another way?
"
Paragon1 wrote:

I'd be interested in trying a life version of this. Iv actually seen a physical crit wander using 4 Volleys with Chain and its quite insane also.

After seeing that I thought id try a CoC build with Wands that could utilize volley. I saw your build and think I might try a life version, just because I have so much gear invested in my spectral throw CoC dagger build which is honestly insanely fast also. I just love CoC builds :)

anyway I question for ya. How is single target? How many proc's would you say you get single target? I am just curious as my ST bulid is retarded at clearing maps with around 300 mil xp/hour on average but Single target is kinda meh. I mean its definately ok, but I would think barrage would be much better against bosses, and I don't see why you could make a Uber variant of this build.

Well I usually one shot single targets,if I don't I usually 2 shot them. It's all about placement, you want all your glacial cascades to go through them, coz then you get 7 hit's per attack when in aoe mode and there are some more targets. I would generally say, single target isn't a problem since you also shock everything with flask.

In parties I am top aoe clearer as long as I get my power charges up and that also goes for boss battles and single targets. 1 shot reflect death reavers do a bit more single target dmg, cyclone ele eq dischargers can do a bit more, max dps LA with blastrain can also do more. Also poison build's can do more.

If you wanna know number of procs of barrage+volleyfire check this video out, made especially for you ;)
https://youtu.be/KlZyA4bNqXI
Last edited by ChrispieD on Feb 9, 2016, 4:38:56 PM
"
lussiano wrote:
So, Vessel of Vinktar is mandatory for sustaining mana? Or is there another way?

Great question!

Shortest answer is: Yes.

First way is that with 60% mana reg on equipment with 16 unreserved mana, you can run barrage without issue at all. Without that, you can also run barrage if you take away your herald of ice.

Third way is realising you also have warlords mark which leeches mana! Very useful on no mana regen maps.

I have never ever use Vessel of vinktar though for mana! :)
I only use it because it shocks every boss in game that can be shocked = 50% more dmg and because it makes me leech 30% of lightning dmg as life-->es!!

Just made a video for you :)
https://youtu.be/L9_j9KKp2Tg
Last edited by ChrispieD on Feb 9, 2016, 1:08:55 PM
"
ChrispieD wrote:
"
lussiano wrote:

Great question!

Shortest answer is: Yes.

First way is that with 60% mana reg on equipment with 16 unreserved mana, you can run barrage without issue at all. Without that, you can also run barrage if you take away your herald of ice.

Third way is realising you also have warlords mark which leeches mana! Very useful on no mana regen maps.

I have never ever use Vessel of vinktar though for mana! :)
I only use it because it shocks every boss in game that can be shocked = 50% more dmg and because it makes me leech 30% of lightning dmg as life-->es!!

Just made a video for you :)
https://youtu.be/L9_j9KKp2Tg

I just use a +2 mana on hit jewel. If you're running EB you can use +2 ES gained on hit. You can also use poacher's mark or pickup Essence Sap near Herbalist for mana on hit. Then there's also Elrond jewelry if you got the $$$ for elrond diamond rings. None of these options involve regen or leach so will work on a no regen or no leach map.

I think there's lots of ways to keep your mana up w/o Vinktar's.
Question about your Blood magic setup:
We did maps together a few days ago and you mentoined your build with this thread number and were also kind enough to explain the dual use with blasphemy.

Can you provide the nececissities for this setup? Is a lvl 21 Blood Magic gem mandatory? Would it work with lvl 20 and 4% less reserved from the skill tree?

Thanks in advance!
Regards.
"
Bjo_Catull wrote:
Question about your Blood magic setup:
We did maps together a few days ago and you mentoined your build with this thread number and were also kind enough to explain the dual use with blasphemy.

Can you provide the nececissities for this setup? Is a lvl 21 Blood Magic gem mandatory? Would it work with lvl 20 and 4% less reserved from the skill tree?

Thanks in advance!
Regards.

Hello man, glad you took a look :)

I did some testing for ya. Basicly I have since about a week removed the 4% aura node left of doom cast, as it is not needed to maintain the blasphemies on blood magic. The only downside of that is that I can't run herald of ice anymore on mana, but that doesn't effect the two blasphemies on bm.

With that adjustment, I can still run both blasphemies on bm with a blood magic lvl 18 (probably even lvl 17, but I didn't have that to test. Lvl 16 didn't work) No clue why I equiped my lvl 21 one xD.

Also one very important aspect. You can not remove anymore than that 4% node that I remove, then you won't be able to run the blasphemies on blood magic, not even with blood magic lvl21.

As a last note. You can't run 2 blasphemies if you dont have dual curses, which can be obtained by using items that gives +1 additional curse or by getting the passive "Whispers of Doom".

This is my current passive tree:
Last edited by ChrispieD on Feb 25, 2016, 1:45:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info