Advice needed: Cameria's + GH dmg too low

Hello, good people. Hope you can help me with my build: clear speed is too low, and I need some directions on what to improve.

The idea is running dual wield + Glacial Hammer + Cameria's Maul unique mace + the "new" Melee Splash gem + Shattered Chains jewel.

What's the strategy/rotation?
Leap Slam onto mob (+ Curse on Hit + Frostbite + Fortify) -> Rallying Cry for dmg and mana regen -> GH everything to death.

What's the GH setup?
GH + Multistrike + Melee Splash + Melee Physical Damage + Cold Penetration OR Hypothermia (still testing). I don't have a 6L on Talisman.

What are the other dmg boosts?
I run Hatred + Herald of Ice + Blood Rage (max 3 charges) + the already mentioned Rallying Cry. Also, Onslaught triggers quite often from Daresso's Defiance.

What is the damage?
It's only 25k fully buffed with Onslaught (28k with it), both considering a Rallying Cry on an average sized mob. Accuracy is 83%. Def is Life 4k / Phys reduction from armor 36% / Evade 18% / Dodge 6%, capped res.

So what could be wrong?
This is where I need advice. My options are:
1) Gear: is Cameria's Maul just not viable at all? Or is there a another offhander that will boost my dmg further? I tested a 3g Prismatic Eclipse for +36 aspd but the dmg was far below Dory's... Or the weapons are OK but I should look for other offensive mods in jewlery, aspd on gloves, etc.? Or is it a Taste of Hate or Atziri flasks that are missing?
2) 6L chest: I know that going to 6L from 5L is a nice boost. But would it be enought to "save" the char overall?
3) Passive tree: did I screw up? My tree currently gives me (according to PoE Mate): 322% increased phys dmg / 158% accuracy / 64% aspd / 292% crit chance / 25% crit mult. Should I drop some + phys dmg for + attack speed? Or should I go RT and spend all the accuracy points in damage boost nodes instead? Or did I go through any sub-optimal nodes? Etc.
4) Gems: do you recommend me to change any of the support gems? Besides the ones I use there are other good candidates: Added Fire Dmg, Added Cold Dmg, Weapon Elemental Dmg, Faster Attacks... unfortunately I don't have a Tabula for testing all of them. Or is Glacial Hammer just bad? I don't believe so...

P.S.: I know that I need Vaal Haste + Increased Duration + Chill of Corruption!

Gear:
Spoiler

Skill Tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAAAYB3AUtCLELwQ2NDc0R1RQgFfYcziE0IWAj0ygqK1Ax-zXvOu07Oz0-Pfw__ECgQT9DMUd-Sn1M_04qUEdR5lWpVw1Xl1hjW69fP2BBYnljcGVNaGVqAW8nbztyqXLDdO12rHdTd-N5aHrvgUGCB4TZhVKHdotPjM-QCpJ9l3mXtJhvmmqbWJtqnsWpbqsLrY2vp7Qvtxe9Nr6nwBrBBMGLxBXE9sbYzAbPftIh2WHawdwj3Q3jn-RR5c_oZuoY7w7yQfOb9kj3MvzF_lQ=?accountName=wragawrhaj&characterName=NotOk

Thank you if you read up to this point... hope you have some advice for me!
don't use glacial hammer, it's derpy. use ice crash. :p you already get 80% free rarity from weapons, no need to go for the jewels when you could get 3% chance to freeze / inc cold damage.
Well, GH stats may have eluded me: at lv20 it gives 170.4% base dmg, has 25% freeze chance and shatters enemies below 1/3 life most of the times. Still, the dmg spread by Melee Splash has a 30% penalty to all targets but the main one, plus the MS gem takes one slot from the available support gems one can use...

Maybe a true AoE gem like Reave or Ice Crash + another dmg-boosting support gem (no need to use MS for area admg), paired with stonger weapons, goes really way beyond what GH + MS + Cameria's can do in terms of damage. The latter has more item rarity and crowd control (mobs are frozen more often than not), but the dmg is simply not satisfying.

Time to ressurrect my 2h crit staff Ice Crasher then :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info