Winter 2016 anime

So... what about western animation or other TV shows? Jeeze even in 4 years how do you power through all that without a break? Are you fluent in Japanese?
Will be watching almost or at least 2/3 of the anime shows premiering this season. I just like expanding my horizon to have more options to watch, even though, a good amount will not be great. However, this is how I can find hidden gems among them.

Though, only a couple caught my interest real quickly like Gate (second cour), Durarara!! season 2 (third cour and last one), Fairy Tail Zero (really liked the short manga side story), and Dagashi Kashi.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Jan 11, 2016, 1:27:22 AM
Dimension W seemed pretty good, for a first episode anyway.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
^5!

Interesting thought though. We didn't complain back when the selection was essentially made for us by the powers that be. We had no idea there was more to it than Akira, Fist or Vampire Hunter D. Now the Western viewers are basically on par with the Japanese who learn at a very young age how to filter and focus on their interests, the abundance of choice makes it seem like everything is shit.

But if you look closely, even at the height of Moe, there were good things coming out at a steady rate. You just have to be more astute.

PS fucking hated FMA for years but brotherhood is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. What a gem, wrapped in a morass of crap.

Lol Fullmetal Alchemist is my favourite anime of all time, but I hated the Brotherhood
"
ionface wrote:
So... what about western animation or other TV shows? Jeeze even in 4 years how do you power through all that without a break? Are you fluent in Japanese?

The only things shows I watch are anime and GoT. And for what anime I've seen in the last 6 years, it averages out to ~4 episodes a day in terms of time. And no, I'm not fluent, I haven't bothered trying to learn it. I mean, I've picked up some, but I couldn't hold a conversation.

"
JohnNamikaze wrote:

Will be watching almost or at least 2/3 of the anime shows premiering this season. I just like expanding my horizon to have more options to watch, even though, a good amount will not be great. However, this is how I can find hidden gems among them.

Though, only a couple caught my interest real quickly like Gate (second cour), Durarara!! season 2 (third cour and last one), Fairy Tail Zero (really liked the short manga side story), and Dagashi Kashi.

Yeah, the sequels are shaping up nicely. I loved the first season of DRRR, but I didn't like the last 2 cours so much. The first episode Ketsu has me believing again. I don't like comedy, but I'm looking forward to Dagashi Kashi too.
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

The last VHS that I bought
Spoiler

I will have a look at the upcomming Serieses later. Last I watched was One-Punch Man. Sad the anime it's already over.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Going to watch this season:
Boku dake ga inai machi
Ajin
Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2
Hai to Gensou no Grimgar

Norn9 was kinda meh

Bubuki Buranki ep1 started out promising, but after their fall, it got boring and cheesy real fast.

btw, does anyone know if overlord or log horizon are getting another season??

I heard somewhere that Overlord will get a second season.
"
ionface wrote:
I heard somewhere that Overlord will get a second season.

They laid the ground work for a second season...come the final episode it practically teased it, duno about log horizon though.

They need to get a grip and announce one punch's second season though...boggles the mind that they'll give shit that is practically hentai multiple seasons and not that.

Also seen the preview of the new series for Berserk, i really hate the CGI crap they have been using...will still watch it though.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

They need to get a grip and announce one punch's second season though...boggles the mind that they'll give shit that is practically hentai multiple seasons and not that.

Speaking of which, I am really getting sick and tired of them putting more and more ecchi shit in every single freaking anime out there.

NEWS FLASH: YOU DON'T NEED GRATUITOUS TITS AND ASS TO SELL ANIME - JUST A GOOD STORY AND GOOD CHARACTERS!!!

ugh...

/rant
Last edited by Darkfyre on Jan 13, 2016, 3:58:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info