Winter 2016 anime

Welp, hella disappointing so far. I guess Boku dake ga Inai Machi (ERASED) was alright. Prince of Stride was fine too, but I'm not huge on sports anime. Ajin and Grimgar are the only two I have a slight bit of hope for. Other than the sequels, this is looking to be one fucking weak season.

Anything catch you guys' eyes?
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

I don't really watch anime as it comes out, but Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! made my watch list.

I've been catching up on old anime franchises, there are some old series and movies which are really great. There are lots of specials and movies I never knew about after watching the shows too. If a season is bad, don't tell me you've watched everything in your backlog.
GATE
Will watch the rest to see what catches my fancy but GATE's the only one that's definite atm

"
As someone who used to save up to buy vhs tapes of Manga releases with their terribad dubs, the idea of seasonal anime watching is utterly incomprehensible. You kids are so spoilt.

Indeed we are, thankfully...i used to buy them once they were dubbed and released over in the UK, stupid price for 3 or 4 episodes which ended up in most normal series being £100+ and in the case of full metal alchemist (NOT brother hood) £260 for something that started off ok but ended shit.

Now at least i can pick and choose without spending, find the good ones then buy them when i get the chance.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Jan 10, 2016, 5:16:30 AM
It wasn't long before brotherhood started airing that i was downloading any anime, and i saw it and downloaded the first episode and saw it was covering the same story...i stopped there and avoided it for years because of the travesty that was their first attempt but after seeing so many positive talks about it i tried again...and holy fucking shit the difference between the 2.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
As someone who used to save up to buy vhs tapes of Manga releases with their terribad dubs, the idea of seasonal anime watching is utterly incomprehensible. You kids are so spoilt. I watched a sub of macross delta pretty much the day it aired. I'm like fucking tom hanks in castaway flicking the light switch.

As for new stuff to watch, Steins Gate zero. Nuff said. And it's technically not a sequel.

Eh, I spent 8 years having to watch whatever anime aired on YTV and G4 because I had a dial-up connection until 6 years ago (perks of living in a town of 150, out in the middle of nowhere). You can be sure I'll enjoy the fact that R.O.D the TV and Monster Rancher aren't the only choices I have. And, yeah, waiting on Zero too. Déjà Vu had me wanting more Steins;gate once again.

"
ionface wrote:
I don't really watch anime as it comes out, but Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! made my watch list.

I've been catching up on old anime franchises, there are some old series and movies which are really great. There are lots of specials and movies I never knew about after watching the shows too. If a season is bad, don't tell me you've watched everything in your backlog.

Not everything, of course. Most of it, though.

I'm also enjoying Iron-Blooded Orphans which carried over from last season. Gotta love Mari Okada

Last edited by GooberM on Jan 10, 2016, 10:31:22 AM
Strictly looking at this season, I'd say ROD would be better than ~60% of them. It's not like being better than Norn9 or Sekkou Boys says much though.

Maybe I'm difficult, but my backlog has been fairly small for the past few years, which is why I look forward to new seasons.

As for "real" TV, I'll agree with GoT, it's the only series I watch. I was considering Hannibal, but I believe that got canceled.

Last edited by GooberM on Jan 10, 2016, 3:43:13 PM
"
GooberM wrote:

Oh Jesus, how is that possible? Have you seen everything they've made? Maybe I'm not discerning enough.
"
ionface wrote:
"
GooberM wrote:

Oh Jesus, how is that possible? Have you seen everything they've made? Maybe I'm not discerning enough.

You were talking about my backlog lol. I've watched almost everything I've put in it.

Have you browsed all the anime and decided what you'll watch eventually? I can't really tell whether you've just been very discriminating in what you watch, or if you've seen it all.
"
ionface wrote:
Have you browsed all the anime and decided what you'll watch eventually? I can't really tell whether you've just been very discriminating in what you watch, or if you've seen it all.

Over the span of the first 4 years I had high-speed, yeah, I went through MAL's couple thousand anime series and picked the ones I wanted to watch. I've seen a couple hundred TV series, which certainly isn't close to all of them. For the past 2 I've been finishing up my backlog and watching a handful of series

Last edited by GooberM on Jan 11, 2016, 12:27:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info