[2.2] Jinholic's Corrupted Energy Frost Blades Deadeye Ranger Build Guide for HC&SC

"
Julleand wrote:
When do you think its a good time to get vaal pact and ghost reaver?

When you have close to 2.5k es and at least 2% leech. ES on hit off jewels helps too, if you want to roll blue jewels.
"
mdizzley wrote:
"
As far as the auras/buffs I'm running you need charisma to have more than 50ish mana. As far as being safe in maps goes a lot of it comes from life gain on hit and vaal pact leech I'm at 54 lgoh and 2.75% phys leech atm. My life is almost always full and recovering es if its getting hit too hard I just whirl out for a sec to recharge it but that doesn't happen often as my flasks are always up.

How are you getting 55 lgoh? WIth poachers I get 22, add + 14 from my claw I get 46. Am I missing something?

I'm using an Eye Gouger atm with 31 lgoh.
I've been playing the build as my latest character in HC Talisman, and I have to say while it's a solid primer, I think the non-crit variant is far superior in hardcore. You want to minimize RNGesus as much as possible, and since this is a claw build, you want consistent damage and tank over spiky damage. If it were daggers, obviously crit would be the way to go.

Second, Chain is just silly in this build. Against groups, it's simply a "win more" support gem. I found Ice Bite or Hypothermia to be more effective (and, in fact, I am substituting Added Fire Damage and Chain for those two gems). More consistent DPS and CC capabilities.

Unique claws are also cheap, and relatively decent. My progression was Ad Dhih > Mortem Morsu > Ornament of the East > Bloodseeker (only level 63 right now). In total I spent MAYBE 7 chaos total for those weapons, and they were usually well-rolled. I never even LOOKED at another claw as I leveled, and I will be looking at Izaro's Dilemma when I can use it.

Tankiness seems to be solid. Even with spike damage incoming, and lower resistances than I liked, the combination of Blind with Tempest Shield and the Golem, as well as pot management and the leech has provided solid support.

I don't think the Frenzy charges are as necessary, either. But that's a judgment call, and my build for hardcore does make use of one extra in the tree.

As I said, overall a good primer, but definitiely more geared towards SC than HC.

My build for HC Talisman
how high tier maps you did so far?
I played Frost Blades to 85 and it is really fun. If you're going to build for Hardcore I suggest

http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQBAO4BCQMeBS0JMw2NDkgPqxEvEZYUjhUgFewWvxc-GYoZtBqPG60fQSLiIuoj9iSLJP0mlSoLKk0rCizpLYMuUy_MMHw1kjfUPydHfkfiSn1KyE2SUUdVS1boWlJbr13yYeJi7GVNapVuqnBSdO11y3X9eu97FHvDfXWEb4TZhO-Gs4d2idOMNo19jb-SgJOQlLiXBpkrn4KjiqQ5qJqxs7VItfK2irjZuR274702vYG-p78AwHbBScGCwzrEosjcypDRNtNv037UI9i92sHdDd1I4JXiLOLV45_nVOpi62PtP-1B7g7vevba-wn8xf4d_rr_3g==

and scaling the initial hit rather than the other ones.

what is ur tool tip dps on frost blade?

i got 3,7k unbuffed. same tree as you ur none crit. lvl 89.
running of a 5l too. (testing ur build on 1 of my old hardcore chars)

i feel my dps is horriple :S

251 dps claw got 88% chance to hit at lvl 89.

"
Nisseonbeer wrote:
what is ur tool tip dps on frost blade?

i got 3,7k unbuffed. same tree as you ur none crit. lvl 89.
running of a 5l too. (testing ur build on 1 of my old hardcore chars)

i feel my dps is horriple :S

251 dps claw got 88% chance to hit at lvl 89.

5.6k in my hideout 7.9k with 6 frenzy charges and thats with chain on. Just get a better claw mines 293 my damage went way up after I spec out of acuity and into more dmg as well. I should do an update vid for dps.
"
Nisseonbeer wrote:
how high tier maps you did so far?

10. I get bored around level 85-89ish so I never get into the highest map levels I normally stop at tier 12 anyway.
Hallo! What's about 2.2 skill tree update for crit version?
IGN: Javana
Updated for 2.2 TLDR not much changed but the build got more damage with subclasses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info