Answers to your Questions!

Its good to see a company that has this level of interaction with the community, I like it!
A new Forsaken Master focused around JEWELS would rock though, Chris ;-)
"
(It's interesting to note that some people say we don't do enough balance testing, but then people complained when we changed Blasphemy as a result of its balance testing).
Gotta be blunt, being a little smug here?

From what I have seen, people weren't complaining about the change itself. They were complaining because they were planning builds around the 25% mana reservation and the switch to 35% was on incredibly short notice, so it threw all their preparation into the gutter.

Also, the "balancing question" is kind of a delicate topic right now, isn't it? With double dipping poison, a mechanic you knew existed judging from the Q&A, totally wrecking the entire game on a 2-3ex budget.
Wow
Was an awesome read, ty. :)
"better to simply go balls deep full retard if you gonna go retard." -Boem-

The biggest thing that I believe needs changing/upgrading in POE is trading.

You mention having a better search engine on poe.trade - imo this is insufficient. It is still reliant upon the community to be communicative with one another, and maintain/warehouse data themselves.

I sort of envision a pay system that allows players to buy/rent a storefront with your credit system.

Anyone who buys/rents a storefront can list/buy. Maybe it is a 200 credit one time payment, or a 20 credit a month fee.

Each person who purchases/rents a storefront (Maybe marketplace is a better term) would have an icon similar to their personal map device in their H/O where they could search for items, or list their items. For Sale items would be housed in a tab in their stash, or directly linked to this storefront. Removing items would of course take the item out of the storefront making it unsearchable/sellable.

Purchased items would drop into a special tab.

I think that this is a feature that is very over-due. The trading system now is incredibly clunky and discourages people from engaging. I know that as a new player, I am completely turned off by the trade system currently available.

I have two options: 1) see the same three people constantly spamming trade, or 2) go through POE.Trade - in and of itself not bad. Except that here is what I have run into: I have sent out roughly 8 or 10 offers which were asking price. I have received 2 responses. Both of which were at least 24 horus later.

I.e., relying on player communication sucks. Waiting forever to get an item you want sucks.

A system like a marketplace interface where players get instant gratification, and dont have to deal with other's lack of motivation, or bad admin would be a HUGE win.
Last edited by Deliverme314 on Jan 8, 2016, 3:05:48 PM
"
bunniu wrote:

-(I'm about to board a plane so I am rushing this before any replies get burred on page 100 of this post)-

A LOT of builds suffer from this.

POE makes it so difficult to really tell how much damage you are actually doing because all we have are health bars of mobs whos stats vary (including our own). Tooltip dps is at best a questionable guess most of the time. There are so many skills though with inaccurate tool tips or confusing toolTips. For example Tornado shot... does the display dps include the offshoot arrows? Can the offshoot arrows crit? ... Kinetic blast... ice Crush ... Frostblades, detonate dead, split arrow, righteous fire, discharge (varies on charges), explosive arrow, firestorm (does tooltip assume my fireballs hit 50% of the time?), lightning strike (how much do projectiles do), incinerate, ball lightning (how long the proj hits the enemy), glacial cascade, etc.

Let alone the minion skills. Most of which display no DPS what-so ever which makes gem linking a guessing game at best... more like stumbling around in the dark... SRS ... should i use wrath? Hatred? Anger? What about SRS Melee Phys vs Minion Damage vs Multi Strike? Which does more damage? Who knows... There exist spreadsheets which try and guess at these numbers, outdated, old versions... but really... come on, its silly.... It'd be like removing the speedometer out of motor-vehicles, leaving guesstimating speed up to the driver ("looks like im going fast... I see things passing by, has to be fast, this feels faster than before")

My suggestion:

A potentially huge QOL for everyone would be a hideout addable dps target dummy: its an entity with unlimited health which you can attack. Damage done to it is immediately displayed (usually a on-screen dps text (another QOL that would be worth discussing)). After the target dummy does not take any damage for a set period of time (say 6 seconds), it displays the total, EXACT dps done to it during that time.

An easier implementation would be to just display the total dps done to it in chat logs (once, as to not spam).

Some examples (could not find any decent videos).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhKqyO-UcpU
https://youtu.be/hMbNo-JGl_M?t=49s
https://youtu.be/-ungYaynNBA?t=8s
https://youtu.be/bkSLI-ljKEo?t=50s
https://youtu.be/9v_5oVF53xw

This takes out the guessing. This actually lets us see how much damage is being done with hard numbers.

Should be one of the easier QoL implementations.

Again, please excuse the crudeness of this post, trying to get it out before I board my flight and any replies to this thread are left to the unseen void that is page 10+.

This doesn't really do anything but measure single target dps which is usually very accurate and the only thing people care about because they cant comprehend anything past their tooltip dps anyways. A single target skill will do exactly the listed tooltip DPS after resistances and modifiers are calculated.

What you actually want is a very complex testing environment where you can set up a series of dummies in a certain pattern and unload an AOE skill.

You don't really specify if it s vs a single target or a large group of enemies but based on your suggestion its single target:

Tornado shot's dps is for the first arrow and every offshoot arrow, it is possible to hit a target with the first shot and several offshoots.
Split arrow does exactly the listed damage and can not chain against a single target.
Kinetic blast does the listed damage and up to [4*listed damage*.75 ]
Firestorm is a confusing one, no question there

A much better question is how much total damage will a gmp chain kinetic blast do vs a pack of enemies arranged like bowling pins and thats not something a single test dummy can tell you.

Another one is how much will coc discharge to vs a single target? Which is wonderfully calculated here: https://jsfiddle.net/MaksT/xvjtc9hb/72/embedded/result/[/quote]
Hey there, thank you for your aid to answer my posted questions, to clarify though the questions posted were meant to illustrate how obfuscated this game is and how relatively misleading the tooltip DPS is and how truly ineffective it is in conveying how much damage a skill does. Having to break out a spreadsheet to guess at my DPS is kind of silly (and don’t get me wrong, I love spreadsheets (I played EVE for a while so…)) but with spreadsheets I am guessing at mechanics and numbers. Silly when the game already has these calculated it just needs to share these values with us.

As for ‘a single dps dummy’ True, but again if its Hideout-placeable (i.e. something you buy from a Master), you can place more than one to get the exact effect you mention (large group of target dummies) to test out your DPS however you’d like.

This game really is the antithesis of player friendliness. Not in terms of difficulty but ease of understanding game mechanics. To the reader- think back to when you first started POE.

There are no tutorials, the wiki only helps if you know what to look for (it took me nearly two years to find out that you could shift right click wisdom scrolls to ID faster in bulk (prior I had a autohotkey macro :/ ). To really learn this game, you need to be incredibly stubborn (lots of deaths with little explanations, no death recap screen), a mentor (to tell you these things exist), and enjoy ump loads of tedious trial and error.

I am not referring to game mechanics but again the clarity and method in which these game mechanics are conveyed.
Skill damage is just one of many mechanics that needs a lot of TLC to reach a point where its conveyed in a lucid manner (having on screen DPS numbers would go a long way toward this goal, or at the very least target dummys).
GGG ftw
Here; The perfect answer to the never-ending-reddit-discussion

"
What do you personally think about top players reaching level 100 after ~13 days or achieving 32/32 challenges after ~18 days in a new league?

In order for the average player to have a good experience, it's necessary that the top players complete these objectives in a few weeks.
"Has anyone in the offices ever dropped a mirror and if so, what was their reaction?

Yeah, someone dropped a mirror in the bathroom at the last office and there were long shards of glass everywhere. It was a disaster. They were very apologetic."

Pure gold! <3

Had a real good laugh! Thx for that! :D
Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

I think that's fairly accurate. :')

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info