Windows just ran an Update, Restarted and now POE doesn't work

Hi

I just got notified that i installed an Update of windows. After the restart i try to start POE, but it says the client.exe has stopped working shortly after the loadingscreen shows up.

It has been working all the time otherwise, never seen this before at startup.

EDIT
1. Ran packcheck, no results.
2. Excluded POE in my avast, excluded POE in windows firewall. no results
3. Ran disk check on my C: drive. no results.

4. i copied my content.ggpk, uninstalled the game, reinstalled and copied my content.ggpk into the new install. same results.
5. did sfc /scannow. no results

The Report windows sent/notified

C:\Users\Turbo\AppData\Local\Temp\WERD8F0.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
C:\Users\Turbo\AppData\Local\Temp\WERF086.tmp.appcompat.txt
C:\Users\Turbo\AppData\Local\Temp\WERF0C6.tmp.mdmp
[Trade] -> Whisper me IGN: TrapAndHide
Last edited by OneMinuteAgo on Feb 16, 2013, 2:54:13 PM
Uninstall the update and find which KB it was so we can look up what that update does.
Twitch.tv/Nithryok

okay. heres the deal:

i did a system restore, so that the windows [stupid] update of service pack 1 got rollbacked.
okay?

now it works. i can play. WOW.
so how do i proceed? it will probably install this shit anyways?

The update is KB976932 i think. It says that there are a bunch of updates available, and that 1 update will be installed and that single one is the KB i posted.
Last edited by OneMinuteAgo on Feb 16, 2013, 3:18:16 PM
Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) is an important update that includes previously released security, performance, and stability updates for Windows 7. SP1 also includes new improvements to features and services in Windows 7, such as improved reliability when connecting to HDMI audio devices, printing using the XPS Viewer, and restoring previous folders in Windows Explorer after restarting.

Looks like it did alot of things, you may need to update your drivers and such after the update.
Twitch.tv/Nithryok
"
Nithryok wrote:
Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) is an important update that includes previously released security, performance, and stability updates for Windows 7. SP1 also includes new improvements to features and services in Windows 7, such as improved reliability when connecting to HDMI audio devices, printing using the XPS Viewer, and restoring previous folders in Windows Explorer after restarting.

Looks like it did alot of things, you may need to update your drivers and such after the update.

but i installed a SSD with a fresh OS a couple of days ago. my drivers are... a couple.. of days... old...

so im screwed? SP1 will be the end of POE-career?
COngrats on the new SSD, did you do a fresh install of poe or was it a transfer from external hdd or flash drive?

Even tho you updated your drivers, when windows pushes out a SP update it often breaks your drivers. I think it broke your sound card so you may need to update those drivers.
Twitch.tv/Nithryok
"
Nithryok wrote:
COngrats on the new SSD, did you do a fresh install of poe or was it a transfer from external hdd or flash drive?

Even tho you updated your drivers, when windows pushes out a SP update it often breaks your drivers. I think it broke your sound card so you may need to update those drivers.

by update drivers do you mean reinstall? because i have the latest of em all ^^
when i installed POE i used the old content.ggpk, but other than that it was fresh and it has been working
You need all NEW drivers for SP1, alot of the drivers come out with new versions for SP's. So you may have up to date drivers for the current system but when you update to sp1 there are new sets of drivers to get.
Twitch.tv/Nithryok
"
Nithryok wrote:
You need all NEW drivers for SP1, alot of the drivers come out with new versions for SP's. So you may have up to date drivers for the current system but when you update to sp1 there are new sets of drivers to get.

what drivers are u talking about?

there are no newer drivers for my:

Graphics
Chipset including USB3, AHCI
Soundcard

There are NO NEWER than the ones i GOT. There are NO NEWER because of SP1. On their official websites, that is.
Curious, what sound card do you have?
Twitch.tv/Nithryok

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info